• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

Mom wouldn't let me have the stretch toys, said I'd get goo all over the house :(

Hope that doesn't end up in the out of context thread! lol

Oh, you know it will! I remember keeping mine in the fridge and when took them out they were quite hard and it took a lot just to get them to soften up a bit so you could pull on them again. Uh oh, :P

Here is my current toy cabinet. There should be something from most people's youth in there who were born before 1980

IMG_0680.jpg

Very cool!

The Kenner Give-A-Show Projector was one of the big hit toys of the sixties. Kenner sold over a million of these in the 1959-64 period.

kenner001_background.jpg

:cool:

I went to a toyshow this weekend and was blown away at what a guy had expecting no gi joe to be there and this was luck. But the story is this came from a some guys collection in the states and looks like it was not played with. They where very excellent condition and if I had more money I would have bought even more. Got the stuff in my mind cheap as well. Everything was complete except two figures and two of the file cards had the flag points cut out but regardless fullcards wooo. Box's in great shape along with all pamplets and blueprints. Anyways so excited I got this stuff. Paid $140 for this lot.

toyshowbuyjoe.jpg

My favorite game by far when I was a kid

21dlvft.jpg

The coolest toys ever. Transformers who?

24zxgti.jpg

My brother and I had the one in the center and the one on the left. We played the heck out of those things.

Still have both of them, but they are missing many parts. My son and my brothers children played with them as well. We keep them in my parents toy closet for when people bring kids over.

At least they have gotten a lot of use. :)

I went to a toyshow this weekend and was blown away at what a guy had expecting no gi joe to be there and this was luck. But the story is this came from a some guys collection in the states and looks like it was not played with. They where very excellent condition and if I had more money I would have bought even more. Got the stuff in my mind cheap as well. Everything was complete except two figures and two of the file cards had the flag points cut out but regardless fullcards wooo. Box's in great shape along with all pamplets and blueprints. Anyways so excited I got this stuff. Paid $140 for this lot.

toyshowbuyjoe.jpg

Pretty sweet stuff.

Oddly enough, I ran into a honeyhole locally for GI Joe. Guy has a HUGE collection of carded/boxed stuff.

I'll try to post pics of some pieces I bought recently. Some are a set of carded Python Patrol figures & boxed vehicles and set of nearly all of the carded Tiger Force Joes.

It's tough to find it now. I'm selling nearly everything as if I'm preparing for my death.

Pat

toyshowbuyjoe.jpg

Pretty sweet stuff.

Oddly enough, I ran into a honeyhole locally for GI Joe. Guy has a HUGE collection of carded/boxed stuff.

I'll try to post pics of some pieces I bought recently. Some are a set of carded Python Patrol figures & boxed vehicles and set of nearly all of the carded Tiger Force Joes.

It's tough to find it now. I'm selling nearly everything as if I'm preparing for my death.

Pat

Nice.

I had been looking for a snowcat in that condition for a long time and finally got it and only cost me $30 which is pretty good. Second favourite thing in that lot was the B.A.T. which was complete and had original hologram. Figure is prestine plus only paid $15 for it.

Quick Kick...one of lamest GI Joes. Running around in the snow with his shirt off.

Man, I loved my Snowcat growing. I have a ton of GI Joe stuff....just not boxed. Hmmm, maybe I should start selling.

Here are some other 80's toys I remember playing with.

Spinjas: You'd stick these in the little wind up shooters and fire them out, I remember they spun really fast. The object was for one of them to knock the other off of the battle area that doubled as a carrying case.

spinjasfigsc.jpg

spinjastopsc.jpg

spinjaarenasc.jpg

Sky Commanders: You'd string these contraptions up all over your room or whatever, kind of like zip lines for toys. As I recall they were a pain in the arse, always getting tangled and taking too much time to set up or hand wind the chords back up.

Rapiddeployment.jpg

Cablecannon.jpg

I might have posted this here...but its still kinda funny.

1976 Look at the joy in my eyes! lol

mcdonaldland1.jpg[/img]

2008 Look like I just got out of county jail...lol My good friend found one on Ebay (we used to play with it in 1976) won it, and sent it to me. And I love the same type end table (there were two in the set lol and I still have it) in the backround.

mcdonaldland07.jpg[/img]

Hockey, the pics aren't showing up. I'm curious to see them.

Whisp, BATS is one of my all-time favorite figures of any line. Croc Master and BATS were fantastic!

Pat

Yeah BATS where always cool and one of my favourites as a kid. Oddly enough the army builders where always my favourites other then Storm Shadow and Firefly. Snow Serpents, eels, BATS and such always had cool gear and a bunch of it. My want list is actually alot larger for the Cobra side then the joe side. Even for vehicles I only want a snowcat and vamp, but for cobra I want a claw, ferret and nightlanding.

Wasn't until later in the series that I switched over to Destro's Iron grenadiers as my favs. If your demon was complete I would have probably bought that lot.

Going along with the football theme here, I loved the NFL Action Team Mate figures. Very hard to find now and most of the ones you find are damaged or missing the boxes/accessories. I remember spending hours just smashing these guys together. Like Megos, many came in both boxes or on cards. They had African American figures too, which are pretty rare today. They were about 7 or 8 inches tall I think and they had removable helmets too which was really cool.

What was really cool is each figure came with a full set of decals so you could change the numbers to whatever player you wanted.

teammates.jpg

FINALLY!!!! After 25 years I have acquired a Cleveland Browns Action Team Mate. I'm so juiced about this. You rarely see these for sale outside of the same handful that are always on ebay (typically Steelers and Cowboys). Then this past week a bunch showed up. Apparently seller's uncle passed away and he inherited these, which were in a storage locker. Amazingly, he had 23 of the original 28 teams and almost all were in really great shape. I missed out on getting more but I made sure to get the one I wanted. And to top it off I scored a boxed Atlanta Falcons figure from another seller for 1/2 of what the loose figure went for. :banana: 2 figures down, just 54 more to go counting the African American versions.

Brownsjpg.png

Falconsjpg.png