• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Some great baseball related covers. :cloud9:

It appears the bullet is jumping off of the page on this cover.

ACTN_442.jpg

It's 1973 and Clark Kent has already been working for WGBS TV for about two years. Grodd is making a Grandstand play, but the story has no ties to baseball. :sorry:

ACTNX_424.jpg

Part of the collection I got a while ago. Almost slipped by me too. And a very nice copy. IMAG2063.jpg

Excellent copy. (thumbs u

I have never read Superman # 199 where Flash and Superman race. Just out of curiosity does Superman stay Earthbound in the race, or does he fly?

In Flash #108, "The Speed of Doom", the Flash escapes the treadmill by exceeding the speed of light. In fact on page 6 of the story he breaks free from the treadmill by exceeding the speed of light, and travels around the world 8 times in one second. This would put his speed at 200,000 miles per second. Does the story mention how fast Superman travels in Superman # 199?

flash_A.jpg

2nd appearance of Krypto with Superman, kinda wierd how they did this:

sm130.jpg

It does make one wonder, why were the outskirts of Cyrusville fortified like a guard tower in the state penn? hm

Of course at the State Penn they generally fire at outbound escapees. :makepoint:

SC_prison.jpg

BTW - Minnesota Correctional Facility – St. Cloud. Built in 1889.

Edited by frozentundraguy

Superboy11.jpg

Cross Post: Superboy 11 with OW/W pages--Notes read 2nd appearance of Lana Lang and first cover appearance. Tough book to find in grade.

wow! nice book Steve!