• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Excerpts from "Spatial Cognition IV, Reasoning, Action, Interaction" - trying to formulate a cogent theory to how an effective understanding of spatial reasoning is an asset to graphic designers for my class. Interesting and boring at the same time.

Excerpts from "Spatial Cognition IV, Reasoning, Action, Interaction" - trying to formulate a cogent theory to how an effective understanding of spatial reasoning is an asset to graphic designers for my class. Interesting and boring at the same time.

Cool, any kind of reasoning around here is welcome!

bye,bye,baby by max allen collins. great nathan heller series

I saw Max at the mailboxes and parcel depot the other day.

I just finished the first Drizzt book, liked it more than I thought. Back to Game of Thrones third book, A Storm of Swords.

I just bought a bunch of books today the thrift shop had them priced hardcovers 3/$1 paperback 10 cents..

But amazingly, 8 of the books were comic book related although not comics..so does that count? lol

Those were "special ones" I had to pay a whopping .79 each for..

Cannot believe there was a sour-faced lady in that store trying to complain that the books were too expensive..ridiculous..they are $1.79 each at Goodwill (aka hoodwinks)$2.99 each at the DAV or $2.49 each at Salvation Army regular store and 1/3 of cover price at the Salvation Army "boutique"..considering 3 of the books I got today were hardcovers with original prices of $26.99 I got a bargain.

I did not mind one bit paying .79 each for books with all the Batman covers or Superman covers etc in them.

I got some doubles so if you are on my Christmas list..just forget how much I said I paid lol.

Edited by Not*Sure*

Hunger Games and now that I saw all the Harry Potter Movies I am half-way through the HC of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. :)

Oh my, I just got to Edmure's wedding in "A Storm of Swords". I have goosebumps and I am totally speechless.

George Martin has done it again, just when I think I am prepared for whatever he might throw at me...he blindsides me.

Edited by dicjones

The last great rush of youth by Mark Hodkinson. Great fiction about a band in the early eighties.

Told in alternating flash forwards and back between the snotty kids starting their band and the lead singer as an ageing irrelevant rock star.

Beautifully observed, funny and full of pathos.

Just finished "Fatal Error" by F. Paul Wilson, the 14th Repairman Jack novel. The 15th Jack novel: "The Dark at the End" just came out so I wanted to flow right into the new one as it picks up right where the last ended.

If anyone would like to embark on a excellent and terrifying literary adventure:

Secret History

I think it's 32 books in all. Don't be intimidated. If you'd like to try something totally unique just pick up "The Keep" or "Black Wind" and start there. If you don't like it I'll buy the book (thumbs u

Don't know what titles are included, but I wanted to bring this to the readers' attention. If you have a Kindle and an Amazon Prime account, you can now "borrow" 1 e-book per month from Amazon.