• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Recently re-read Walden and have now started on Brave New World, Sort of an Orwellian 1984 tribute.

Umm... Brave New World by Aldous Huxley was written eighteen years before 1984.

:cloud9: Such and amazing piece of literature.

Too add.

I'm reading the Doors of Perception also by Mr. Huxley. It accounts his experience with

mescaline.

Recently re-read Walden and have now started on Brave New World, Sort of an Orwellian 1984 tribute.

:roflmao:

Huxley of course taught Eric Arthur Blair French at Eton.

Too add.

I'm reading the Doors of Perception also by Mr. Huxley. It accounts his experience with

mescaline.

Strangely enough I've just finished reading the Jim Morrison biography 'No One Here Gets Out Alive'.

Too add.

mescaline.

Strangely enough I've just finished reading the Jim Morrison biography 'No One Here Gets Out Alive'.

Too add onto this string of events, I actually recently finished watching "When Your're Strange".

Do you recommend the book?

Too add.

mescaline.

Too add onto this string of events, I actually recently finished watching "When Your're Strange".

I wouldn't recommend the book, even though I'm a big Doors fan. You get to realize just how much of a dikk Morrison was for all of his life.

Too add.

mescaline.

I wouldn't recommend the book, even though I'm a big Doors fan. You get to realize just how much of a dikk Morrison was for all of his life.

Years ago, I watched the Oliver Stone film on Jim Morrison that starred Val Kilmer. The only reason I finished the movie was to see how he died. I guess he has his place in music history but can't see where he was a positive contributor on a personal level to those around him.

Anyone have any good books recommendations? Preferably fiction.

(shrug)

Amazing adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Michael Chabon

Life of Pi, Yann Martel

Let the great world spin,Colum Mcann

Anything by Douglas Coupland

And if you are in anyway interested in politics and/or journalism you cannot do better than the late great Dr Gonzo; Hunter S. Thompson.

(thumbs u

No Irish No Blacks No Dogs

Rotten

by John Lydon,aka Johny Rotten.

You should check out

The Peculiar Memoirs of Thomas Penman

Observatory Mansions

Strange,fun,interesting and unique books.

Jimmers

Edited by porcupine48

Too add.

mescaline.

Years ago, I watched the Oliver Stone film on Jim Morrison that starred Val Kilmer. The only reason I finished the movie was to see how he died. I guess he has his place in music history but can't see where he was a positive contributor on a personal level to those around him.

Two add the to toos are driving me two nuts(two nuts,hee hee)too to toottoot

yes imma drunk

Just finished the following:

Missle Envy

Uncivil Society

China Road- very good read if you want to understand what is going on over there.

Reading at the moment:

The Prince of The Marshes

The Fate of Nature

The End of Oil

Best Fiction I have read lately:

The Passage

Never Let Me Go

Spiral- strictly consumption fiction