• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

The most recent round...

Roger Stern - The Death and Life of Superman - ( gearing up for the Movie, but nostalgic for pre-nehru Superman.)

M. L. N. Hanover - Graveyard Child

Matthew Mather - CyberStorm

Joe Hill - Horns

Andrew Pyper - The Demonologist

Hell's Angel by Hunter S. Thompson

Amazing book and scary. (thumbs u

Still have to say Fear and Loathing is my favorite. Was super happy when they made the movie with the cast they chose.

I went on opening night and around 40 minutes in, half the theater had walked out? I have never experienced a cinematic mass exodus, and I sat through that piece of mess Jar Jar :sick:

:cloud9:

Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

Can't recommend anything that Sanderson writes more! The Way of Kings is going to be a great series IMHO and looking foreward to the second installment later this year. His Mistborn trilogy is near perfect. Has a great, well thought out magic system, decent plot twists, and great characters.

Also love Ready Player One that was mentioned above. Nostalgic book that is a fun, quick read.

Right now, I'm re-reading Scott Lynch's "Lies of Locke Lamora" and "Red Seas under Red Skies" in preparation for the third book coming out in October. Great series that kind of feels like Ocean's Eleven in a fantasy Italian setting.

Also, if you enjoy Brandon Sanderson, you should check out Patrick Rothfuss' "Name of the Wind" Trilogy. Another excellent read.

Just finished reading an investment/trading book called "The Complete TurtleTrader". It's about how, probably inspired by the movie Trading Places, two Chicago traders hired a bunch of people back in the early '80s, mostly without any trading background, in an experiment to see if they could turn them into profitable traders (it succeeded beyond their wildest imaginations).

I'm currently reading "Banksy: The Man Behind The Wall" about the celebrated, mysterious street artist, as well as "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story" which, halfway through it, has just been tremendous. A must-read for any Marvel fan; it is meticulously researched and even a longtime fan like me is learning all kinds of new stuff from it. Absolutely fantastic. (thumbs u

Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

Can't recommend anything that Sanderson writes more! The Way of Kings is going to be a great series IMHO and looking foreward to the second installment later this year. His Mistborn trilogy is near perfect. Has a great, well thought out magic system, decent plot twists, and great characters.

Just finished the first book of his MIstborn trilogy, just starting book 2 The Well of Ascension. Also I read his stand-alone Elantris a few months back.

Echo the recommendations for anything Brandon Sanderson. (thumbs u Good stuff. :cloud9: