• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

A Song of Ice and Fire: A Feast For Crows

(Game of Thrones book 4 for those that aren't in the know)

Since I finished watching the end of season 2 a month ago, I have been devouring this series. It is so good.

I couldn't wait for season three next March so I started reading... and reading... and reading...

My comics pile is getting bigger and bigger but I can't stop!!!!

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

That book and the next two are FANTASTIC! 2nd book - "The Girl who Played with Fire" is better than "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and the 3rd book is the best!

Also, the Swedish Dragon Tattoo Trilogy movie set starring Noomi Rapace(Prometheus) is AWESOME.

watch the extended versions.. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is sooo much better then the English version that starred Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara!

Purchased a book on my way home that I started on the airplane, "A Short History of England", seemed like a good refresher on fish n chips.

Then on to "The Bomb in my Garden".

That book and the next two are FANTASTIC! 2nd book - "The Girl who Played with Fire" is better than "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and the 3rd book is the best!

Also, the Swedish Dragon Tattoo Trilogy movie set starring Noomi Rapace(Prometheus) is AWESOME.

watch the extended versions.. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is sooo much better then the English version that starred Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara!

I liked both films for different reasons, however yesterday we put in the second movie from our box set and it won't play :pullhair:

Reading "Perdido Street Station" by China Mieville. SF novel.

Is it as good as they say?

Great in parts but dragged a little for me! I won't read the 2nd and 3rd books.

Really Bizarre novel though! I did like it ok, just that there are better books out there to read.

Waiting for my new Simon Scarrow book to arrive

Sword and Scimitar

:whee:

Also reading Legend by Gemmell. I'm liking it so far but some of the "contemporary" type dialogue is throwing me off a little.

I liked "Legend" a lot.I haven't read any other's yet in the Drenai Tales series. I do have the next six books and one of these days I will read the 2nd book - "The King Beyond the Gate".

I've had A Princess of Mars on my nightstand for about two weeks now. I've wanted to read it again for a while now. Might try to finally get started on it tonight.

If non-fiction books count, I'm reading Front End Drupal and Head First PHP & MySQL - riveting. :insane:

Im reading the Venus Series by ERB again for probably my 5th time. (thumbs u

A Princess of Mars is one of my all time favorites. Love the whole John Carter series. Great stuff!

Yes, me too..the Burroughs "Martian" series was AWESOME!

Dark Tower was a copout.

There. I said it.

;)

I'm currently reading, and almost finished with, Bram Stoker's "Dracula."

Stoker's Dracula was GREAT! The way it's written you think there are really vampires on this earth.

Interesting. You know I'm embarrased to even admit this but I haven't even read this yet and I've had it for over 6 months.

Drac.jpg

Dark Tower was a copout.

There. I said it.

;)

I'm currently reading, and almost finished with, Bram Stoker's "Dracula."

Stoker's Dracula was GREAT! The way it's written you think there are really vampires on this earth.

Interesting. You know I'm embarrased to even admit this but I haven't even read this yet and I've had it for over 6 months.

Drac.jpg

DO IT!

It's one of my favorite books ever.

Recommend me a Stephen King book other than "The Stand" please.

How about his son? Joe Hill, Horns.

a funny book.

i'm reading Gillian Flynn's first book- Sharp Objects. Based on the caliber of her writing i'm not surprised she hit it huge w/ Gone Girl.

Edited by paperheart

Girl Who Played with Fire was much faster paced than Dragon Tattoo. I enjoyed it much more than the first book. It was tough getting thru the first 100 or so pages of Tattoo with all that dry finance junk. :P