• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Well, having visited the Tate Modern in London I was in turns incredibly impressed, (the Warhol exhibit, Hirst's Pharmacy - I know that one splits opinion) and just dumfounded by some of the stuff on display. One exhibit, ( I forget the 'artist') was glass cases filled with screwed up letters and full ashtrays. (shrug)

While I liked Pharmacy, I think the shark and diamond encrusted skull are just Emporers new clothes by another name. Same with Emin.

I know it's entirely subjective, but I have a hard time accepting that some of this stuff has genuine admirers.

I don't want to start a huge debate here and derail a great thread, this is a subject I find interesting and want to do some more reading on it so that I can sharpen my opinion, if you like.

I'm not in a position to make definate statements as I'm not knowledgeable enough to do so. Let's just say that my opinions are evolving on this subject.

Just started Life by Keith Richards. So far, I'm not impressed. It's disjointed. But I guess I'm just reading for the interesting bits anyway.

I am supposed to be interning but they have nothing for me to do. So I'm reading old Supreme Court Cases and their decisions.

Just started Life by Keith Richards. So far, I'm not impressed. It's disjointed. But I guess I'm just reading for the interesting bits anyway.

It's by KEITH RICHARDS!!! Were you expecting a tightly woven, linear, comprehensible narrative?? :roflmao:

I actually really enjoyed that book. But yes, it's a mess!

It's by KEITH RICHARDS!!! Were you expecting a tightly woven, linear, comprehensible narrative?? :roflmao:

I actually really enjoyed that book. But yes, it's a mess!

But he has a co-author on it. It's funny though cause it feels like what I imagine sitting in a room listening to him talk about his life.

reading speaker for the dead (2nd Ender book) by Card.

That's my favorite OSC book.

Would you recommend reading them in release order or chronological order?

My last round of reads...

This Alien Shore by C.S. Friedman. Some authors click more than others and she's one of my favorites. Both the Coldfire trilogy and the Magister triology were very satisfying, so went after her older stuff. Good move on my part.

Fragment by Warren Fahy. If this one doesn't send your sense of wonder through the roof then there's nothing much to say. Best movie of the summer, if only in my head.

Buried Prey by John Sandford. Twenty-first Prey novel and they've all been top drawer. Can't go wrong with Sandford, a true pro.

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry. Roll John McClane, Jason Bourne, and Mitch Rapp into one badazz mofo and recruit him to fight zombie bio-terror. I'm about half way through and so far, so good. First book of a series.

36162.jpgfragment.jpg9440448.jpg3993839.jpg

I picked-up a nice Heritage Club slipcase edition of Flowers of Evil in WWC (of all places) from Chimera Books (KUDOS!).

It jumps the line ahead of many other books. Just started it. Many of the poems I'm very familiar with already.

PS The name of the collection isn't guilty of Ruskin's Pathetic Fallacy.

reading speaker for the dead (2nd Ender book) by Card.

That's my favorite OSC book.

Would you recommend reading them in release order or chronological order?

Yes. I loved Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.

Currently I'm reading The Bourne Dominion.