• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hold onto your hats for the May Heritage auction....

377 posts in this topic

All this talk of small vs. large art, but aren't all DK pages large art?? I'm assuming this splash is as well, is it not?

Don't have the exact dimensions, but yes, Larger than 11X17. Just not twice-up.

All this talk of small vs. large art, but aren't all DK pages large art?? I'm assuming this splash is as well, is it not?

I was just thinking that myself. The pages were 13 x 20" last time I looked.

Well, that's twice up then....

So never mind.

Now we know why everyone under-estimated the selling price. If we'd known it was twice up....

The selling price for the DKR page is inexplicable, but regardless, I think we'll be seeing a lot sellers with pieces that they consider to be A-list consigning fresh material with Heritage in the near future looking to cash-in.

With just the juice on that winning bid, imagine what you'd have from the likes of Kirby, Frazetta, Ditko, Romita, etc.

With just the juice on that winning bid, imagine what you'd have from the likes of Kirby, Frazetta, Ditko, Romita, etc.

"You Like The Juice? Juice is Good?"

Hahahaha, great skit!

.....We all like what we like, twice-up or not.

Selling or buying art based on its size is akin to the "fresh to market" phenomenon to me. When sellers are touting size or "fresh to market" as the main selling point, what does that say about the art? As well, when buying something because it's twice-up or "fresh to market", what exactly is one buying?

+1

I also laugh when certain dealers list how old the piece is. This piece is 25 years old. So what? Just because it's old doesn't make it any more valuable. It's still a bad piece of art. lol.

Cheers!

N.

Selling or buying art based on its size is akin to the "fresh to market" phenomenon to me. When sellers are touting size or "fresh to market" as the main selling point, what does that say about the art? As well, when buying something because it's twice-up or "fresh to market", what exactly is one buying?

What's wrong with advertising that the art is "fresh to market"?

You might be surprised how much it makes a difference when trying to sell high end art.

I've been advertising such pieces for years, and have sold 90% of said advertised art.

Considering how much art is out there, how much has been regurgitated from one person to another and how much art is out there, I would think most people would appreciate knowing that a certain original hasn't been shopped to death.

I'm just sayin.........

MI

What's wrong with advertising that the art is "fresh to market"?

You might be surprised how much it makes a difference when trying to sell high end art.

I've been advertising such pieces for years, and have sold 90% of said advertised art.

Considering how much art is out there, how much has been regurgitated from one person to another and how much art is out there, I would think most people would appreciate knowing that a certain original hasn't been shopped to death.

I'm just sayin.........

MI

I don't think Nelson is saying there is anything wrong with "A" selling point being that the piece is fresh to market. I think he's saying that if fresh to market is "THE" selling point, and not much else, it may point to deficiencies in the piece.

Also with the discussion being of aesthetics and quality of artwork. Nothing about a piece being "fresh" speaks to that factor. Either a piece is quality or it isn't. Time on the market makes no difference.

Your point is valid, however, from a perceived value standpoint. Anyone buying a piece with resale, value, or competitive pricing standpoint may very well take that factor into account when purchasing a piece.

I agree with that . Comic art that is for sale from last month's comic book, while technically "fresh to market" really shouldn't be advertised as such.

It should be a special original.

I sold an Adams Green Lantern cover 2 months ago that was "fresh to market". It sold for what might be the highest price paid for an Adams GL cover.

Had it been shopped around like so many other Adams covers, it probably would not have sold for the price it did.

MI

I sold an Adams Green Lantern cover 2 months ago that was "fresh to market". It sold for what might be the highest price paid for an Adams GL cover.

Had it been shopped around like so many other Adams covers, it probably would not have sold for the price it did.

MI

Wasn't GL #77 previously offered by All Star at SDCC?