• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

If your going to count that GS #1...You will have to include all the other GS #1 issues... :baiting::devil:

And I think the coolest book you bought was the Night Nurse #1! :applause::headbang:

lol

Definitely not a book you see every day. I think ive only ever seen ONE in person in my life. I know iin the early 90's my LCS got a really beat up copy but other than that, i dont think ive ever seen another one.

One last book from the ebetter clink auction which i think everyone forgot about with all the other auctions. I think this puts me at 39 #1's so far. I have about 5 raw that should be in my 9.0+ goal grade that i have to send in now, mainly Sub-Mariner, Hero for Hire, Nick Fury and Doctor Strange.

wu1.jpg

I've VERY happy with what i was able to get this week. I REALLY wanted the 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell last night but someone wanted it more and it just went too far over GPA for me. Would have also liked to have picked up either Tomb of Dracula #1 9.4 but they also both went a little too high for me. I was tempted to get the double cover 9.4 Shield 1 but for the price it went, i just CANT buy a BA book with c/ow pages even though a double cover copy would have been cool. Other than that, i think i got every other #1 i went after. Unfortunately, now my project is REALLY going to slow down! Unless they are books under like $50, additions will be coming MUCH slower :(

One last book from the ebetter clink auction which i think everyone forgot about with all the other auctions. I think this puts me at 39 #1's so far. I have about 5 raw that should be in my 9.0+ goal grade that i have to send in now, mainly Sub-Mariner, Hero for Hire, Nick Fury and Doctor Strange.

I've VERY happy with what i was able to get this week. I REALLY wanted the 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell last night but someone wanted it more and it just went too far over GPA for me. Would have also liked to have picked up either Tomb of Dracula #1 9.4 but they also both went a little too high for me. I was tempted to get the double cover 9.4 Shield 1 but for the price it went, i just CANT buy a BA book with c/ow pages even though a double cover copy would have been cool. Other than that, i think i got every other #1 i went after. Unfortunately, now my project is REALLY going to slow down! Unless they are books under like $50, additions will be coming MUCH slower :(

Much Slower? Yeah OK. Your on a comic collecting roll! You got the back issue bug bad! And I doubt you will slow down now...lol

The genius of this collection is you still wind up with a lot of keys without having to buy them all. ASM #1 and FF #1 are probably far more attainable if your not spending money on AF #15, JIM #83, TOS #39 and TTA #27.

I remember meeting a collector in the 1970s who went after #2 GA books because he couldn't afford to collect #1s.

Much Slower? Yeah OK. Your on a comic collecting roll! You got the back issue bug bad! And I doubt you will slow down now...lol

I DEFINITELY have the bug!

My collecting heyday was in the 90's and back then, it was HARD to find back issues! I had GREAT LCS's but still to find 9.2-9.6 SA books was next to impossible no matter how much money i had. I would scour CBG and every store within 50 miles of me looking for nice books. Pretty much any that i would find, id get.

Now, you just log on to any of a thousand sites and any and every book is available pretty much if you have the $$$. Its worse than being a kid in a candy store for me! I think i could hit the lotto and EASILY go thru that in a month and still have books i wanted to buy. Unfortunately, my comic funds definitely have a limit which i am RAPIDLY approaching.

Holy mess!!! What the he'll is that?!?

One amazing thing about starting this project is the titles I've never even seen or heard of. I e been a marvel zombie for over 30 years and have spent countless hours looking thru OSPG and the Gerber photo guides. I thought I had seen or at least heard of every marvel book out there.

Since I e started this, ive found at least 4 titles I had no idea existed! If I ever finish this, it's going to take a LONG time (thumbs u

Holy mess!!! What the he'll is that?!?

One amazing thing about starting this project is the titles I've never even seen or heard of. I e been a marvel zombie for over 30 years and have spent countless hours looking thru OSPG and the Gerber photo guides. I thought I had seen or at least heard of every marvel book out there.

Since I e started this, ive found at least 4 titles I had no idea existed! If I ever finish this, it's going to take a LONG time (thumbs u

Peter the little pest #1 was released in 11/69...not sure how your doing the "Bronze age issues" I went with the dates 1/70 thru 12/79 is the bronze age to me...so that book might be a silver age comic. I have a full list of all the books that were released from 1/70 thru 12/79 is you want it...A link is also in my sig. line of the list. And dont forget all the Hanna Barbara comics!!!

Yeah, i'm gonna count Peter the Pest as a #1. I'm not really going by any dates. Any and all #1's before 1981 is what i plan to do. I did decide though that i'm not going to do the Giant Sized #1's. Just way too many of them and they just dont seem to be 1st issues in my mind.

I got sniped at the last second on 4 #1's tonight on eBay but i did get 2 more. Uncanny Tales #1 9.4 and Journey into Mystery(the BA series) #1 9.4 for decent prices. I'll post pics when i get them in hand and can scan them since the auction photos are pretty crappo.

Yeah, i'm gonna count Peter the Pest as a #1. I'm not really going by any dates. Any and all #1's before 1981 is what i plan to do. I did decide though that i'm not going to do the Giant Sized #1's. Just way too many of them and they just dont seem to be 1st issues in my mind.

I got sniped at the last second on 4 #1's tonight on eBay but i did get 2 more. Uncanny Tales #1 9.4 and Journey into Mystery(the BA series) #1 9.4 for decent prices. I'll post pics when i get them in hand and can scan them since the auction photos are pretty crappo.

Not doing the Giant Size #1s??? (tsk)(shrug)lol

Not doing the Giant Size #1s??? (tsk)(shrug)lol

I know right! You have to do the Giant Size#1s or your #1 collection won't be complete. (shrug)

Geesh!!! Man you guys are a tough crowd! Fine, I'll do the GS's! lol

Luckily, I have a nice raw GS Xmen 1 but it's going to be close if it hits my 9.0 goal. I'm thinking 8.5.

I might have to lower my goal down to 8.5 if I'm doing GS's

Geesh!!! Man you guys are a tough crowd! Fine, I'll do the GS's! lol

Luckily, I have a nice raw GS Xmen 1 but it's going to be close if it hits my 9.0 goal. I'm thinking 8.5.

I might have to lower my goal down to 8.5 if I'm doing GS's

Your life will be complete,self gratification will embolden your soul.

I have to admit your your books are awesome,and I thought my goal of every key from Silver-modern was tough. :applause:

If you are opening up to all Bronze, you need to PM me again. I have almost all of the Cartoon books as well. :)