• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

Back from the dead and 4 days in the hospital and a few 1st issues came while i was out.

A couple that you dont see very often

www1.jpg

Im no miswrap snob but this one is even bothering me a little. Oh well, what can you do, maybe ill upgrade if an opportunity comes up.

ck1.jpg

And JUST for the OCD completists out there demanding Giant Size issues (thumbs u

gsc1.jpg

Back from the dead and 4 days in the hospital and a few 1st issues came while i was out.

A couple that you dont see very often

And JUST for the OCD completists out there demanding Giant Size issues (thumbs u

gsc1.jpg

Nice but, Where the hell are the Annuals??? :baiting:

I have a weird feeling that you're right lol

Problem with me is that i just dont have the discipline to stick to finishing 1 run. I've always been all over the place with my collecting. I "mainly" focus on Avengers and X-men but i'll pretty much pick up any other book that i like that i see for a good deal in my mind.

Sometimes i wish i could just buy NOTHING but Avengers until i finish the run and move on but i get bored with that real fast. I like having a little bit of everything for some reason (shrug)

I have a weird feeling that you're right lol

Problem with me is that i just dont have the discipline to stick to finishing 1 run. I've always been all over the place with my collecting. I "mainly" focus on Avengers and X-men but i'll pretty much pick up any other book that i like that i see for a good deal in my mind.

Sometimes i wish i could just buy NOTHING but Avengers until i finish the run and move on but i get bored with that real fast. I like having a little bit of everything for some reason (shrug)

You and I both! For me it's mostly Adams and Frazetta slabs, but when a cool book presents itself and the timing and price are right, I find myself jumping on it even if outside my main focus. Like you said, it is real tough to stick solely to a single focus. Our interests change and are broadened over time as comic collectors. The evolution of an individual's taste in books is part of the fun.

Only got a couple 1st issues last night. Most of them had pretty bad miswraps AND were going for REALLY strong prices so i passed. I did pick up these 3 though.

shi1.jpg

ok1.jpg

kull1.jpg

One last 1 from the Clink auction. You trying to tell me this isnt a KEY issue kryptonite?!?!? lol

tta2-1.jpg

I remember buying this issue at the newstand. I think this was one of the first books I bought more than 1 issue of.

One last 1 from the Clink auction. You trying to tell me this isnt a KEY issue kryptonite?!?!? lol

tta2-1.jpg

Nope...that's the key to any bronze age collection and it's probably pretty rare in the census lol

Great posts as I have just started working towards this set as well. I'm going to have to go a bit lower in grade than you are as I just can't afford to buy all these at the grades you are grabbing them.

Nothing, nada, zilch for my project from the Clink auction the last 2 nights :(

It's getting harder to find #1's that i dont have and the few i needed in the Clink auction just went too high for my blood. I did want that 9.6 Chili #1 BAD but just couldnt bid high enough.