• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

Interesting: Months ago I told cdpaoli (via ebay) that I thought he was a scammer. A few weeks ago I asked Bijou via ebay why none of his books were slabbed. Now Bijou has blocked me. I was planning on buying some cheap books from him and then posting negative feedback. Plan foiled. Anyone want to take up the cause? I'll chip in up to $75 for someone to buy a book from him and post info about him (and you can keep the book). My promise is here on the boards and I'll stick to it (will reimburse via paypal).

--Rich

really what point would one neg do,it has to be done by the masses to be effective.

eh, I disagree

it may be the impetus needed for others.

Also many people never look at feedback unless they see that it is not 100% on the auction page

True hm

Interesting: Months ago I told cdpaoli (via ebay) that I thought he was a scammer. A few weeks ago I asked Bijou via ebay why none of his books were slabbed. Now Bijou has blocked me. I was planning on buying some cheap books from him and then posting negative feedback. Plan foiled. Anyone want to take up the cause? I'll chip in up to $75 for someone to buy a book from him and post info about him (and you can keep the book). My promise is here on the boards and I'll stick to it (will reimburse via paypal).

--Rich

really what point would one neg do,it has to be done by the masses to be effective.

I don't think masses. I think a hand full of negs - and by neg I mean info about him and his practices -- would go a long way. If we all despise these guy(s) so much - why not do something about it? Maybe i would cost a bit from us - but wouldn't it be worth it in the long run? --Rich

Think of what 10 (or more) blasting negs would do to him. It's all of us vs. one - we can take him down!! --Rich

Is it possible to leave him a neg without buying anything? really I don't have 75-100 or whatever dollars just hanging around to make a point to be honest.Is there alternatives? We could make a web site devoted to the crooks and wrong doings of the comic world! I would love to get Red Hook involved in that too,he has a plethora of knowledge. hm

Think of what 10 (or more) blasting negs would do to him. It's all of us vs. one - we can take him down!! --Rich

Is it possible to leave him a neg without buying anything? really I don't have 75-100 or whatever dollars just hanging around to make a point to be honest.Is there alternatives? We could make a web site devoted to the crooks and wrong doings of the comic world! I would love to get Red Hook involved in that too,he has a plethora of knowledge. hm

He also knows how to run a super sweet Ebay scam.

In the old days you could leave feedback just because you felt like it..

uhem..showcase*cough*new eng. haha I left them a neg because of the way they treated my friend JMG and for being a spoon (no restoration=16 pieces of tape holding a cover together or something like that)

Nowadays you can't do that

cracking out PLODs and selling them without disclosure. or simply buying a coverless comic and taping it on, selling it as "with small pieces of tape on spine".

kind of stupid though- not even bothering to buy the comics he's reselling on another account.

example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=390290247600&si=%252FkK9fJOKBtNWTZltF16jUCzdyCI%253D&viewitem=

and then for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-Suspense-39-Grade-5-5-No-Reserve-/120698232726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a2cdf96

Not sure why you guys think it is so hard to bring this guy down. :eyeroll:

Uber easy.

Shill account then win all his auctions, two days later leave negative feedback saying the eBay seller is complete fraud.....repeat repeat repeat.

Even if your negative feedback gets taken away he still has to repost the books hence no sales ever.

Keep doing till he either takes a long hiatus or just leaves eBay for good.

In the old days you could leave feedback just because you felt like it..

uhem..showcase*cough*new eng. haha I left them a neg because of the way they treated my friend JMG and for being a spoon (no restoration=16 pieces of tape holding a cover together or something like that)

Nowadays you can't do that

Strangely, the system worked better back then, I thought. In hindsight, you'd think it would've been a wild west, but I found it pretty easy to ferret out the retaliatory negs, and evaluate the quality of a buyer or seller. 2c

I think by now that the vast majority of comic book buyers on Ebay are aware of CGC. Joining the Collector's Society, getting 3 free subs, and access to the indepth knowledge and personal experiences shared here on these boards, I find has better educated me for buying, especially on ebay. To know that there are many out there fueling the bad guys that have any excuse not to become a member here,just leaves me feeling not to bad for them.

Uber easy.

Shill account then win all his auctions, two days later leave negative feedback saying the eBay seller is complete fraud.....repeat repeat repeat.

Even if your negative feedback gets taken away he still has to repost the books hence no sales ever.

This would be the forthright way to do it:

Buy one or two low $ auctions.

Wait until they arrive.

Leave Neg feedback

Claim item not as described.

Send items back WITH Delivery confirmation

Receive Full refund including shipping to you.

You will only be out cost of return shipping

Unless seller ran out his paypal account and no funds were available to cover your item..

Nope, does not apply with ebay buyer protection.

I also note that his auctions state that he will refund return postage, which I would demand, but not expect to get.

He would say, "I will refund return postage if you cancel the auction", which will not allow you to leave feedback.

You might be able to push Paypal into refunding return postage since it is in his auction, but again, I doubt it.

Uber easy.

This would be the forthright way to do it:

Buy one or two low $ auctions.

Wait until they arrive.

Leave Neg feedback

Claim item not as described.

Send items back WITH Delivery confirmation

Receive Full refund including shipping to you.

You will only be out cost of return shipping

FYI - purchasing multiple items with intensions of leaving NEGhas to be done this way. Buy let's say 3 items, if you leave all 3 Negs on the same day, they will only count as 1, this applies to POS feedback as well. So if you wwant all 3 Negs to count, you must leave one at a time and have 10 days between. Also leaving 1's on the DSR ratings helps to chop that 20% seller discout to 5% - also keep karma in mind.