• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the Nicest book(s) you own nobody else care?

437 posts in this topic

Here's Timmy, a very distant second to Casper in the ghost popularity sweepstakes:

Distant in the same sense that Pismo Beach is distant from, for example, the Sea of Tranquility. :kidaround:

It's actually a pretty cool cover. (thumbs u

22-05-201130619PM.jpg

Beautiful!

Sutton is someone who's work I did not notice until long into my collecting stage when a friend of mine shared a batch of high grade Charltons that he picked up.

HauntedLove06CGC96Heritage-7035.jpg

Long story. Had a proxy bid win it for me first time around but he defaulted on payment even though I paid him for it. This time's a keeper. Sure you don't want to part with your Millie ?

PM me...

DCSuper-Stars11.jpg

I don't know about anybody else, but Zatanna has always been one of my favourites.

:luhv:

MadaboutMillie1.jpg

Maybe you can be the one to explain to me why Captain America is more popular with collectors than is Millie. I can't see it.

???

DCSuper-Stars11.jpg

I don't know about anybody else, but Zatanna has always been one of my favourites.

:luhv:

Then you must be a fan of Smallville? They had an actress who looks just like that cover picture of Zatanna, just like her but better. You should see those two episodes.

While I like Zartanna, I don't really like that particular cover picture. I think it could have been done better.

I've also never seen Smallville. Quite simply I hardly ever watch TV. But I'm aware that Serinda Swan:

Aserinda-swan-1.jpg

Played Zatanna in the show:

serinda-swan-as-zatanna.jpg

;)

Pirana, Jigsaw, Jack Frost, B-Man. Seems like a really half-hearted effort on Harvey's part to cash in on the 60s superhero craze. I'm guessing that since their "kiddie" titles were probably at peak popularity at this time, the publishers didn't really care. Of course, except for The Black Cat, it's not like their Golden Age heroes were particularly memorable either. As for the villains - Lord Lazee makes Past-Pot Pete sound menacing.

I'm surprised they didn't throw Black Cat in the mix at this time having published three giants reprinting her adventures just a few years earlier.

What were the names and powers of the heroes in Miracles, Inc.?

Unearthly Spectaculars was clearly designed by Harvey to cash in on the superhero craze spawned by the Batman TV show.

Miracles, Inc. was a a not so subtle satire of the X-Men. A professor led a team consisting of Misfit, a big clumsy ape; Manlet, a bird sized hero who hungered for bird seed and flew about in a Ramjet miniplane; Reflex, a green costumed fellow with superspeed; and Thermo, who could generate heat.

The book actually contained a plethora of shorts featuring many and varied heroes. Perhaps the most bizarre was Tiger Boy, who could turn his body into that of a super strong tiger, while keeping his human head. It was Gil Kane though that handled the art!

Clawfang the Barberian was another feature which thus predated Marvel's Conan the Barberian by four years.

(shrug)

Here are some scans from my collection of a book that doesn't even get much respect from collectors of Adventures of the Fly:

1 Northland copy

31-05-201174146PM.jpg

31-05-201174150PM.jpg

31-05-201174153PM.jpg

31-05-201174156PM.jpg

:juggle: