• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the Nicest book(s) you own nobody else care?

437 posts in this topic

I often wonder whether I'm the only Howdy Doody collector on this bioard:

File copy

31-05-201174159PM.jpg

File copy

31-05-201174202PM.jpg

13 File copy

HowdyDoody13.jpg

20 File copy

31-05-201174205PM.jpg

22 File copy

11-08-201170537PM.jpg

:juggle:

Hepcat,

Remarkable depth to your collection. :applause: I dont have one in any grade to post. :tonofbricks:

I did a bit of research on the Blue Bombers, as to who might be pictured with Bud Grant. My guess is Leo Lewis the "Lincoln Locomotive", their record setting running back. :popcorn:

Remarkable depth to your collection. :applause: I dont have one in any grade to post. :tonofbricks:

I need to add another dozen or so issues to my Howdy Doody collection over the next thirty years or so to give me a sampling of respectable size.

I did a bit of research on the Blue Bombers, as to who might be pictured with Bud Grant. My guess is Leo Lewis the "Lincoln Locomotive", their record setting running back. :popcorn:

Nice try! Leo Lewis was one of the best running backs to ever play in the CFL. He retired after the 1965 season with 8861 yards rushing for an average of 6.6 yards per carry! Bud Grant was quoted as saying that Leo Lewis was the very best player he ever coached in any league.

Here are some of my Leo Lewis cards:

12-11-201150021PM.jpg

13-11-2011122827PM.jpg

But it's not him though. It's another player who was a key cog in the Blue Bombers 1957-65 dynasty.

Incidentally, the Blue Bombers aren't even my favourite club. I lost a bet in the CFL thread and I've gone above and beyond fulfilling the minimum agreed upon requirements!

;)

Somehow have never seen these before in comic format. Very cool. Gotta' update my wtb list again!

There are seven Four Color Beany and Cecil issues from 1952-55 all with painted covers. The two I've pictured are from the five issue run from 1962-63. I need to get the rest over time!

:cool:

My whole colelction probably falls into this category lol

wf150.jpg

Oh?! I know I'm not the only one who thinks you're collection is fabulous. And that World's Finest issue is just another case in point!

(thumbs u

I only have a single issue of this long forgotten title out of the mists of time:

29-06-201172315PM.jpg

:cool:

That's a nice issue. A quick check shows there were 5 more issues in the mid 50's followed by a lone straggler in 64 under tre Gold Key label. The Krazy Kat at least lasted longer than Krazy Krow. Krazy Krow was a short lived three issue series in the mid 40's, that did however spawn an IW reprint. :o

Of course neither of these Krazy comics lasted as long as the original Krazy Komics. This series lasted 27 issues from 1942 until 1947 and terminated with a Wacky Duck story. zzzlol

I think this issue may qualify for inclusion on this thread.

Abc1.jpg

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll say again that many of the comics I see posted on this thread, and elsewhere at this site, I've seen nowhere else. Some wonderful books out there! (thumbs u

Abc1.jpg

Absolutely! You have to love a comuc where the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man share the cover with Casper and George of the Jungle. I'm going to add that one to my informal want list.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll say again that many of the comics I see posted on this thread, and elsewhere at this site, I've seen nowhere else. Some wonderful books out there!

I agree! It's a great thread for discovering Silver Age comics that many of us have never seen previously.

(thumbs u

Abc1.jpg

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll say again that many of the comics I see posted on this thread, and elsewhere at this site, I've seen nowhere else. Some wonderful books out there! (thumbs u

Hulkfan,

Cool cover. I never would have imagined a cover with both Casper the Friendly ghost and Mr. Fantastic would exist. (thumbs u

One of my favorites that NOBODY cares about lol

FL2.jpg

Fabulous book but more suited to the GA forum.

This is the #6 and #10 from the Northland collection. I remember going through the whole set when Goldman first offered them.

Herbie6.jpg