• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

ANIT IT COOL says Dr. Victor von Doom will be Ray Liotta.

Bah foolish cretins. As much as I like Liotta I picture Doom as someone who has more of an english arrogance, accent and distain about him. Hey maybe Ian can try out for the part. stooges.gif (Just kidding!).

ANIT IT COOL says Dr. Victor von Doom will be Ray Liotta.

Bah foolish cretins. As much as I like Liotta I picture Doom as someone who has more of an english arrogance, accent and distain about him. Hey maybe Ian can try out for the part. stooges.gif (Just kidding!).

Agreed! If they must do a movie, Doom needs to be played by Jeremy Irons.

Heres hoping Rami directs the third Spiderman, Fantastic Four could be the nail in the coffin for the genre if he doesnt. I thought Halle Berry as Rogue was bad casting but Jessica Alba as congenial motherly Susan Storm? Someones smoking crack.

As for the boneheads baiting JC, back up your smack write a nice review of why the Hulk and Daredevil were such sterling examples of good cinema. 27_laughing.gif

Heres hoping Rami directs the third Spiderman, Fantastic Four could be the nail in the coffin for the genre if he doesnt. I thought Halle Berry as Rogue was bad casting but Jessica Alba as congenial motherly Susan Storm? Someones smoking crack.

As for the boneheads baiting JC, back up your smack write a nice review of why the Hulk and Daredevil were such sterling examples of good cinema. 27_laughing.gif

You're a [!@#%^&^] so who cares what you think.

Daredevil was a horrible movie with no redeeming qualities. Hulk, on the other hand, was beautifully filmed and had great special effects. Where it broke down in my opinion was in the goofy ending with Bruce's father and in the 45 minutes at the beginning of the movie where nothing interesting happened. But Hulk was not a bad film. It was just too slow for a superhero/popcorn summer movie.

I agree.. they gave Ang Lee a bit to much control.

I guess due to him being a quote ... unquote... "real Director'

He wanted to make an art movie.. and all the kids wanted was Hulk to smash things..

893frustrated.gifsumo.gif

So in my opinion he went way to high brow.. and should have been reeled in.

I also just could not get past Nolte.. that mugshot is etched on my brain.. ruined it for me.

Z

I agree.. they gave Ang Lee a bit to much control.

I guess due to him being a quote ... unquote... "real Director'

He wanted to make an art movie.. and all the kids wanted was Hulk to smash things..

893frustrated.gifsumo.gif

So in my opinion he went way to high brow.. and should have been reeled in.

I also just could not get past Nolte.. that mugshot is etched on my brain.. ruined it for me.

Z

I liked Nick Nolte a lot except for the stupid part where he watched the Hulk jump through the roof of that building (he looked like he was overacting) and the stupider part at the end where he grabbed the cable and turned into Electro, er, I mean the absorbing man.

You are absolutely correct that they gave Ang Lee too much control.

I agree that Halle Berry as Rogue would have been bad casting, but she played Ororo! blush.gif

Raimi is definitely on for spidey3 so no worries there.

My 6 yr old son summed up the problem with the Hulk perfectly when he asked me 16 or so times during the first hour of the movie: 'is he the hulk, daddy?' 'where's the hulk, daddy?'. The only thing good about the movie was when they chased the hulk around for awhile, then the ending sucked too. WHY so much backstory and not even good backstory, just change for the sake of change? screw ang lee and the artsy wind he blew in on!!

Daredevil sucked unfortunately. The best scene was bullseye silencing the old lady on the plane. The rest of it? uh-uh.

The new FF movie, I reserve judgment until I start seeing some trailers or something. Yeah, it could suck very easily, but it might be good. You never know.

Personally, I'm excited, but I'm just a biased fan-boy who can't wait to see his childhood heroes on the Big Screen.

I'm trying to remain detached and unbiased, but I must say this--of all the Marvel characters they could choose to bring to the big screen, the Fantastic Four will be the most difficult to pull off. And so far, I've seen nothing specific to indicate to me that the producers or the director realize this or that they're going to be able to overcome the challenges.

We'll see how it ends up...

Its a bit disappointing that the actor chosen isn't more of a "known" quality, but if he plays Doom as convincingly as he does his incredibly vile character on Nip/Tuck, then it should prove to be very interesting.

I think it could be better that they did chose a unknown actor ie:Darth Vader played by David Prowse and James Earl Jones.This way you are not to concerned about a big name actor inside the iron suit but more focus on the character you are watching.... thumbsup2.gif