• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy freaking fathers day to me!!!

158 posts in this topic

WoW, what a rough situation, I don't know what to say here. I'm an animal lover myself and would hate to be in this situation. For what it's worth I think you're 100% doing the right thing, and the member that criticized you is out of line.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this Jason. :( Pets truly are a man's best companion. They never really turn on you, but sometimes they can't be controlled and that cause situations like this to happen. The key is to think about what matters the most in this situation. Yes, you love your dog a lot. I can feel it just reading this thread. But I know you love your kids more than anything (heck, you bought your son an AF 15 just because you love him), and the fact is that the dog poses a threat to them. Just remember that even though the only thing to do in this situation may be to give him away or put him down, you are only doing it out of love for both your kids and the dog. The fact that you want to keep him so badly shows you truly do love him. But I think it's really good of you to immediately know what you need to do for the safety of your family.

I hope you are doing okay. I know you will be able to get through this in the best way possible. :foryou:

This was clearly not an accidental or playful bite

well thats odd, because the OP said he had his dog on his back and was playing around with him.....sounds to me like the dog thought they might have been wrestling.

I mean, come on here......they've had the dog 3 years, he bit once at 6 months when he was clearly still a puppy, and since then, the dog has been fine with the exception of tonight, and thats enough to call this dog "vicious".......????????? Thats enough for the OP who claims (read: claims) himself to be a "BIG dog lover" to want to put him down........you sir (the OP) have no business owning a dog if thats how you feel.

Please tell me you haven't procreated.

Jason, you are doing the right thing here. Even though it may seem hard now, in the end you will be happy you did it. Your family will make it though this and be even stronger for it.

Oh please....the dog bit one..... ONE Fing time and you're gonna kill him because of it? Your face was just in the wrong place at the wrong time......if he'd have lightly nicked your finger, you'd have put a bandaid on it and sucked it up, but because YOU were in the wrong spot, you're gonna kill your dog.....that CLEARLY your family doesn't want to happen.

I stand by everything I said 100% and if the OP puts down his dog, then he has no respect for any living creature. It is still an animal and not 100% perfect.

Oh please....the dog bit one..... ONE Fing time and you're gonna kill him because of it? Your face was just in the wrong place at the wrong time......if he'd have lightly nicked your finger, you'd have put a bandaid on it and sucked it up, but because YOU were in the wrong spot, you're gonna kill your dog.....that CLEARLY your family doesn't want to happen.

I stand by everything I said 100% and if the OP puts down his dog, then he has no respect for any living creature. It is still an animal and not 100% perfect.

So what is he supposed to do? Keep an animal that has displayed aggression around his children?

and what if next time it gets one of his kids? Still Keep it?

I personally prefer Dogs(and other animals) to children myself, but your stance on this is ridiculous.

If he were just looking to put his animal down that would be one thing, but he's trying to find a solution that lets his dog live out it's days. If it comes down to euthanasia, it won't be because he didn't care, or wanted the easy way out. It will be because it was the only option left, and as a father it is your responsibility to protect your children at all cost.

Whatever! You have ZERO clue what you are talking about (thumbs u

Are you incapable of reading comprehension??? It may just have been a few times with humans but he shows aggression and viciously attacks our Swissie multiple times every week. The dog has a mean streak for some reason no one can figure out.

It also wasnt "one bite" with me! he tried to bite me multiple times and was attacking. I was just quick enough to get out of the way. Wether it was my hand or face, either way id have been going to the hospital to get stiches the way he was biting. You werent there and didnt see what happened and how it was DEFINITELY an attack not "just a bite".

I wasnt "in the wrong spot". He came after me and wasnt going to stop until he got me. Wether my family or me wants to give him away isnt the question, the question is what the best thing to do to keep my family safe. I'm going to look at every possible option and no matter what we end up doing, keep him, give him away, put him down, it will be the best i can absolute do and still be sure that my family is safe and not in danger of being attacked.

Do you have young kids? Let me see you get on your soapbox after youve driven your 6 year old daughter to the hospital with blood pouring down her face from a dog bite (thumbs u

You have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about!

Obviously this is a tough situation, and your angry judgement here doesn't make it any easier. Why don't you PM him and offer to take the dog if he ships it to you? You certainly will walk the walk since you talk the talk.

Are you incapable of reading comprehension??? It may just have been a few times with humans but he shows aggression and viciously attacks our Swissie multiple times every week. The dog has a mean streak for some reason no one can figure out.

It also wasnt "one bite" with me! he tried to bite me multiple times and was attacking. I was just quick enough to get out of the way. Wether it was my hand or face, either way id have been going to the hospital to get stiches the way he was biting. You werent there and didnt see what happened and how it was DEFINITELY an attack not "just a bite".

I wasnt "in the wrong spot". He came after me and wasnt going to stop until he got me. Wether my family or me wants to give him away isnt the question, the question is what the best thing to do to keep my family safe. I'm going to look at every possible option and no matter what we end up doing, keep him, give him away, put him down, it will be the best i can absolute do and still be sure that my family is safe and not in danger of being attacked.

Do you have young kids? Let me see you get on your soapbox after youve driven your 6 year old daughter to the hospital with blood pouring down her face from a dog bite (thumbs u

Oh okay.....I didn't know you knew my life history. Youre right OP, go kill your dog. (thumbs u

You are a huge individual_without_enough_empathy. If you weren't such an obvious mental deficient I would be angry but I actually feel bad for you. You are a joke, you are making light of a sad, difficult situation by revealing your staggering level of embarrassingly epic fail.

Don't reply as I'm sure it will only compound the already miserable feeling it is to wake up in the morning and realize, for yet another day, that you are you.

Apparently you know my life history though insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

You have no clue what you are talking about or what happened. I love that dog more than anything in the world EXCEPT for my wife and kids! I'll spend any amount of time, energy and money to save him and keep him if i could be reasonably sure that my family would be safe. If i had to sell every comic i have to get the money to help him, i would do it in a second without a thought.

Even after all this, that damn dog means more to me than an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like you could imagine but i HAVE to make sure that my kids are safe and arent going to grow up disfigured because i love my dog and didnt do the right thing!

Oh okay.....I didn't know you knew my life history. Youre right OP, go kill your dog. (thumbs u

doh!

You've brought way more bad than good to this thread. You have an opinion and it is a good one, but the manner in which you've delivered it by criticizing the OP and making things really hard for him is way out of line. I think you should put yourself in his shoes and look at what matters most.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he ever said he is 100% going to kill the dog. So you're arguing a possibility while treating it like the endgame.

You have no clue what you are talking about or what happened. I love that dog more than anything in the world EXCEPT for my wife and kids! I'll spend any amount of time, energy and money to save him and keep him if i could be reasonably sure that my family would be safe. If i had to sell every comic i have to get the money to help him, i would do it in a second without a thought.

Even after all this, that damn dog means more to me than an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like you could imagine but i HAVE to make sure that my kids are safe and arent going to grow up disfigured because i love my dog and didnt do the right thing!

This guy is just trying to stir the pot. I wouldn't respond to him. You don't have to justify yourself with him. I think you need to also find the dog a new home or put him down. It isn't worth a big lawsuit or him hurting one of your children. I was bit in the eye by a dog when I was 6 years old...for no reason. I just went into my friends house for a drink of water turned my head and the dog lunged at me. I wasn't even trying to pet or be near the dog. Don't take the risk.

You have no clue what you are talking about or what happened. I love that dog more than anything in the world EXCEPT for my wife and kids! I'll spend any amount of time, energy and money to save him and keep him if i could be reasonably sure that my family would be safe. If i had to sell every comic i have to get the money to help him, i would do it in a second without a thought.Even after all this, that damn dog means more to me than an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like you could imaginebut i HAVE to make sure that my kids are safe and arent going to grow up disfigured because i love my dog and didnt do the right thing!

FINALLY youre saying stuff that makes sense. The dog IS part of your family. Something is wrong with him that makes him do this, you claim you love him more than anything in the world with exceptions, NOW it is time to get him help, just like you'd do with your other members of your family.

doh!

You've brought way more bad than good to this thread. You have an opinion and it is a good one, but the manner in which you've delivered it by criticizing the OP and making things really hard for him is way out of line. I think you should put yourself in his shoes and look at what matters most.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he ever said he is 100% going to kill the dog. So you're arguing a possibility while treating it like the endgame.

He is treating it like the end game......look at this posts.

"OMG I stayed up all night crying because I knew he'd be leaving us soon"

"I just don't think I can keep him....."

etc

etc

etc.....

if he is truly a dog person, if he truly loved the dog and treated it like a member of family, he'd then do whatever he could to help him. Instead, he's clearly writing him off before exploring all the options..

You have no clue what you are talking about or what happened. I love that dog more than anything in the world EXCEPT for my wife and kids! I'll spend any amount of time, energy and money to save him and keep him if i could be reasonably sure that my family would be safe. If i had to sell every comic i have to get the money to help him, i would do it in a second without a thought.Even after all this, that damn dog means more to me than an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like you could imaginebut i HAVE to make sure that my kids are safe and arent going to grow up disfigured because i love my dog and didnt do the right thing!

NOW it is time to get him help, just like you'd do with your other members of your family.

What the bloody heck do you think he's trying to do?

doh!

He is treating it like the end game......look at this posts.

"OMG I stayed up all night crying because I knew he'd be leaving us soon"

"I just don't think I can keep him....."

etc

etc

etc.....

if he is truly a dog person, if he truly loved the dog and treated it like a member of family, he'd then do whatever he could to help him. Instead, he's clearly writing him off before exploring all the options..

You're 100% misinterpreting what Jason is saying.

Just because he needs to leave his house doesn't mean he's going to die. He IS doing whatever he can to help him. What do you think the Corgi rescue organization is? It's a way to NOT have to kill him. He hasn't written the dog off at all. The only surefire decision he's made is that the dog can't be around his children.

Jason isn't a cruel man. He doesn't want to kill the dog, like you appear to be saying.

FINALLY youre saying stuff that makes sense. The dog IS part of your family. Something is wrong with him that makes him do this, you claim you love him more than anything in the world with exceptions, NOW it is time to get him help, just like you'd do with your other members of your family.

Yeah, well what the hell am i supposed to do???

Assuming that maybe there is something wrong that can be fixed, how long will that take? Should i keep him locked in his cage endlessly until we can figure this out?

My daughters Birthday is tonight and 5 of her friends are coming over for a sleepover. You think i should let the dog around any of those kids for a second? What do you think my chances are in a lawsuit against me if he bites one of her friends and their lawyer tells the jury how the dog has sent 2 people to the hospital and i didnt do anything about it?

hell, at this point, if he attacked one of my kids or another kid, i could probably be arrested for having a dog that is known to bite around kids!