• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8...record GPA low

322 posts in this topic

Maybe I should send it, like it is into CGC so they can do a write up on it. Of course I need to get it back 1st. fingers crossed.

I would send it to them if they want to take a look at it. Then get it reholderd while it's there and flip away.

Congrats on getting your $$ back.

+1, this book could become infamous like the cockroach Amazing Spidey #129.

Glad to hear that this turned out well in the end for you!

As for me....... now I'm hoping to get the item back because what he sent me was an 8.5 Hulk 181. Unbelievably, I could turn a profit off of this crook. Anyone out there interested in this comic with a sordid history? Maybe I should send it, like it is into CGC so they can do a write up on it. Of course I need to get it back 1st. fingers crossed.

:takeit::grin:

Hey guys I have been MIA the last few. So I got my book on Sept 3rd and yes it too was an 8.5 made to look like a 9.6. I will warn all of you; this guy is getting better at extracting the books in and out. When you look at my book as it lies flat, there is not visible evidence of cracking on the front or the back. The crack itself is on the bottom right corner and looks like he superglue a piece that broke off. I have to say, it’s scary how good of a job this guy did.

So what have I done so far? I called CGC and spoke to a manager named Eric. We talked for about 15 about this scum bag Estate Liquidators aka Darrel Stewart aka James Stewart. They were well aware of what was going on, but because they are not a legal entity, there is not a lot they can do. I provided him all my contact info and told them I would be more than happy to cooperate with any investigation against this piece of .

As far as EBAY goes, it is a slow process. I really read them the riot act yesterday and they finally got on the ball. Today I am sending them pics of the book and also faxing them proof from the CGC website that the serial number matches an 8.5, not a 9.6 as shown in the auction. I got the rep to tell me that there are a few cases open against this guy and that people were getting their money back (so this was a good thing). I am guessing that Todd was one that is getting his money back based on his post.

In case anyone was interested here is the serial# is 1018275006

I will do my best to get pics uploaded so you all can take a look. I am a buyer/collector, not a seller so it will be my first time with photo bucket

I got the rep to tell me that there are a few cases open against this guy and that people were getting their money back (so this was a good thing).

I'm glad they've officially recognized that there are multiple buyers making claims against this one seller. It adds weight to our cases.

three different names, hmm. Wouldn't you have to have a legit name to get a verified paypal account?

I wonder if his paypal account is still active? I'm assuming he yanked all the money as fast as he could on this scam. Wonder what paypal will do for a scam this big, since it looks like they will be holding the bag.

three different names, hmm. Wouldn't you have to have a legit name to get a verified paypal account?

I wonder if his paypal account is still active? I'm assuming he yanked all the money as fast as he could on this scam. Wonder what paypal will do for a scam this big, since it looks like they will be holding the bag.

Darrel/James/Steven Stewart couldn't yank any money because Paypal had it all on "hold". Except for one poor guy who bought a loose Hulk 181 from this guy for $3500. That guy ended up giving Estate Liquidators positive feedback...once you do that they release the funds.

Yeah, I'm confused about that too. (shrug)

Once you have the account open you can change fields. Try it, you can edit whatever you want. So if he wanted to change his name he could. The Paypal is tied to an e-mail, not a name, and you can have multiple e-mail accounts pay into a single Paypal account. As long as one of those e-mails/identities was "verified" then you could do whatever you wanted to make changes to the account.

Exactly. Once one "business" is exposed as a fraud you just change names and e-mail addresses and fire it back up. As long as you don't need to change the master e-mail address you're fine. The true master e-mail address for this guy almost certainly is not one of the ones exposed here.

Once you have the account open you can change fields. Try it, you can edit whatever you want. So if he wanted to change his name he could. The Paypal is tied to an e-mail, not a name, and you can have multiple e-mail accounts pay into a single Paypal account. As long as one of those e-mails/identities was "verified" then you could do whatever you wanted to make changes to the account.

Perhaps paypal should close that loophole. Name must match your credit

card and/or bank account info.

Perhaps paypal should close that loophole. Name must match your credit

card and/or bank account info.

That would certainly be a good idea and not too difficult to implement. You would think it would be good business to make fraud more difficult to get away with. I can see having multiple e-mail accounts (if for nothing else to make it possible to permanently move from one e-mail to another without losing your account) but being able to change your name on a whim is hard to justify.

There's a reason Paypal hasn't done it.

I don't know precisely what that reason is, but eBay has an army of lawyers who make sure everything is designed to favor eBay.

They wouldn't leave a "loophole" unless they had to. There is nothing about eBay that hasn't been gone over with a fine toothed comb by several lawyers, all the time.