• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8...record GPA low

322 posts in this topic

The person you said that left positive feedback, did you send them a message in eBay letting them know to check for the fake sticker, unless I missed it in this thread somewhere.

If not tell me their ID and I will contact them.

I contacted the member that left left pos feedback. They didn't think anything was wrong with their purchase. They bought a Hulk 181 out of the slab but listed as a 9.6. I let them know there almost certainly is restoration or some other funny business going on with it and to get it out and examine it more closely for color touch or trimming (they spent something like $3600 on it. Their name is ibatawkshunnsht on ebay. Maybe if someone else contacted them too and let them know the seriousness of this they will pursue it more before time runs out. The last time ibatawkshunnsht emailed me he said that he was sending it in to CGC to see what they will say about it.

More should happen to this thief than simply returning peoples money. He's a crook who's doing fraud and shipping it across state lines. He should be prosecuted. If all that happens to these people is they return money when caught - they will continue to do it over and over.

Maybe if someone else contacted them too and let them know the seriousness of this they will pursue it more before time runs out. The last time ibatawkshunnsht emailed me he said that he was sending it in to CGC to see what they will say about it.

I'll send him a note as well.

I'm a powerseller with a 2900 100% feedback rating

:hi:

Tales of Suspense 89 Iron Man 8.0 1967 HighGrade CGC it

Member id gadzukes

Sale date: 03/21/11

0kohA.jpg

Tales of Suspense 94 Iron Man 9.0 1967 HighGrade CGC it

Member id gadzukes

yuoC6.jpg

:cloud9:

Here we go.....looks like he is sending me the books after all.

"Dear bhinson27,

This has already been shipped out and yes we sent signature confirmation with the item.

Once again, here is your tracking number: **** **** **** **** **** USPS

Sorry for the mix up with snail mail.

- estate_liquidators77"

I was hoping that he wouldn't send me anything since people were on to him, but this guy is brazen. ETA is Sat so I will try and post pics, ect when I get the books.

"Dear bhinson27,

This has already been shipped out and yes we sent signature confirmation with the item.

- estate_liquidators77"

I was hoping that he wouldn't send me anything since people were on to him, but this guy is brazen. ETA is Sat so I will try and post pics, ect when I get the books.

You might want to not accept it at your house and instead go to the post office to pick it up.

Open it there in front of an employee in case there is a graded copy of X-Force 1 in the box.

I'm a powerseller with a 2900 100% feedback rating

:hi:

Tales of Suspense 89 Iron Man 8.0 1967 HighGrade CGC it

Member id gadzukes

0kohA.jpg

Tales of Suspense 94 Iron Man 9.0 1967 HighGrade CGC it

Member id gadzukes

yuoC6.jpg

:cloud9:

Porky, did I sell those to you raw? It looks like my grading was pretty good on those. I should have slabbed them my self. Todd

"Dear bhinson27,

- estate_liquidators77"

Bhinson, I sent mine back to Estateliquidators a few days ago and my sig conf shows it has been "attempted" for 2 days now. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll refuse. I'm one of the lucky ones here who actually got a comic with a small amount of value from him. If he refuses it then I guess it comes back to me AND I get my money back.

It seems pretty obvious that he cracked it open looking at those pics. I know one of the guys that got ripped off on the 9.8's said that he used a 8.5 on his.

I saw this guy purchased an 8.5 in his feedback and I got a bad feeling for all buyers. I know there were about 6+ auctions of 9.6 & 9.8's.

The irony is that this jack a** has enough $ to go out and get a real 9.8....maybe two!

or hire a good lawyer. That`s the thing also with the Robojo guy as well. They made so much money that they can hire the real good lawyers to keep the scams going!

I would think that if he swapped labels, he would swap the entire label not just the number grade.

Yeah, I'm not understanding this scam either (not saying it isn't a scam, I just don't get the logistics).

So we think he took an 8.0 slab, cracked the back of it somehow, and replaced the 8.0 sticker with a 9.6 one? Are those really just stickers?

Can't believe he thought he'd get away with that.

I think the better scam would be:

Buy a 9.6.

Buy a raw or 8.0+ CGC book.

Somehow swap the 8.0 book into the 9.6 case or the 9.6 label into the 8.0 case.

Resub the 9.6 book.

So I guess we should always ask to see pictures of the backs of the slabs as well?

hm

Sadly, we now have yet another reason to avoid eBay. When you can't even trust slabbed books this is really bad. And if eBay protects the sellers here that would essentially be aiding and abetting fraud.

Would this stuff ever happen on Comiclink, Comic Connect or Heritage?

Hopefully they have better security. :wishluck:

Porky, did I sell those to you raw? It looks like my grading was pretty good on those. I should have slabbed them my self. Todd

yep. i bought 4 books from you. 2 were right on, one was 0.5 higher, and one was 0.5 lower. good grades :)

Bhinson, I sent mine back to Estateliquidators a few days ago and my sig conf shows it has been "attempted" for 2 days now. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll refuse. I'm one of the lucky ones here who actually got a comic with a small amount of value from him. If he refuses it then I guess it comes back to me AND I get my money back.

Gadzukes,

Were you able to send it back to him so that he'll have to pay the shipping when he receives it? If there's a way to do this, I'll probably use that method.

Gadzukes,

Were you able to send it back to him so that he'll have to pay the shipping when he receives it? If there's a way to do this, I'll probably use that method.

Nope, I had to suck up the cost of postage myself AND ebay told me to be safe I needed to insure it for the full $8701 even though the comics are not worth that much. I used "Registered mail" because that was the only method that allowed me to insure for the full amount. It cost about $35. I don't mind paying the $35 if it gets me my $8701 back. As a nice gesture Ebay gave me a $10 coupon to use on a future purchase. woohoo

Gadzukes,

Nope, I had to suck up the cost of postage myself AND ebay told me to be safe I needed to insure it for the full $8701 even though the comics are not worth that much. I used "Registered mail" because that was the only method that allowed me to insure for the full amount. It cost about $35. I don't mind paying the $35 if it gets me my $8701 back. As a nice gesture Ebay gave me a $10 coupon to use on a future purchase. woohoo

That is about the best customer service story I have heard from eBay, way to go!