• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8...record GPA low

322 posts in this topic

Wow, sure would make it easy to do business in a bunch of fake names.

PP would know the real bank account info, but the customers would just see the bogus name.

Estate Liquidators could be anybody.

Maybe that's why he hasn't signed for and accepted the return comic....he can't provide ID for the fake name that the package is addressed to.

Wow, sure would make it easy to do business in a bunch of fake names.

PP would know the real bank account info, but the customers would just see the bogus name.

Estate Liquidators could be anybody.

Maybe that's why he hasn't signed for and accepted the return comic....he can't provide ID for the fake name that the package is addressed to.

:idea:

three different names, hmm. Wouldn't you have to have a legit name to get a verified paypal account?

Yeah, I'm confused about that too. (shrug)

Once you have the account open you can change fields. Try it, you can edit whatever you want. So if he wanted to change his name he could. The Paypal is tied to an e-mail, not a name, and you can have multiple e-mail accounts pay into a single Paypal account. As long as one of those e-mails/identities was "verified" then you could do whatever you wanted to make changes to the account.

Perhaps paypal should close that loophole. Name must match your credit

card and/or bank account info.

Paypal probably doesn't care because, if you don't put your SS# there, you cannot exceed 500$ withdrawn in a month. So if somebody is doing mass scam there has to be a SS# supplied in order for them to withdraw all of the funds. Now if they're supplying stolen SS#'s and opening PP accounts, that a different story. So paypal will go after whoever SS# is provided. Thats what I'm assuming at least.

Yea he did have a blue dot sticker over the serial number. I did my best to rub it away. The case is so sensitive that rubbing it away has kind of scratched it around the serial number. Sneaky, sneaky....then it makes it harder to take pics, right.

BTW sorry about the fuzzy pics, my camera is about 5 years old and I am technologically challenged. (shrug)

Yea he did have a blue dot sticker over the serial number. I did my best to rub it away. The case is so sensitive that rubbing it away has kind of scratched it around the serial number. Sneaky, sneaky....then it makes it harder to take pics, right.

Bhinson, I don't think it was your rubbing that scratched it around where the stickler was. Mine had the same problem. My impression was that he did something to the plastic above the serial number... maybe slightly sanded it or took a q-tip with some chemical to obsure it there, and then put the blue sticker on top of it. I've never had a sticker SO obsure what was beneath it like that little blue dot sticker.

BTW.... I STILL don't have my $8701 back in my paypal account. Ebay is being as slow as molassis on this one. They told me last week that I had won the case, but that it would take 72 hours to get my money.

The good news is that ebay just notified me that I won one of my other cases (against bizarrocomics). He had sent me an empty envelope instead of my comic and I filed a police report against him.

dude, i told you that you will get it, it just takes 3 days for the funds to be transferred to your bank account.

Dude? ???

Dude!! :o

Duuuuuude... :cool:

Jump Ace, you nailed it with those two photos. Eventhough the serial numbers are different there is no doubt it is the same comic photo.

I called ebay this morning to complain and get my money back & they told me I can't even open a case for another week. I showed them the proof of the scam using the photos, and they understood but they said it had to follow the normal procedure. They assured me my money ($8701) is protected, but it may take a couple weeks to get it.

Todd

Glad I could finally help someone out around here :acclaim:

I didn't think about the serial numbers, and I guess I didn't need to 100% of everything else in the photo is the same.

Wow. Whoever did this is truly an . This happened to me once a few years ago, but not with a comic. I had purchased a PSA graded Bobby Orr rookie card that was supposed to be PSA 7. I noticed something funny with the slab and the condition was not quite consistent with the grade. I sent it to PSA for investigation and they confirmed the slab was tampered with. When I contacted the seller (who had great ratings by the way), he gave me a hard time and would not refund my money. I had to file a fraud claim and jump through hoops with Paypal to get my money back.

I had a similar thing happen to me on Amazon with a Michael Jordan rookie card. He promised me it was legit but when I submitted it to PSA.... (tsk) I got no reply from the seller but Amazon refunded my $$$ promptly. I didn't even have to give the PSA paperwork, though I was ready to. I think because he never responded, they didn't question me (oh and that this happens all the time with that card). I don't collect any sports cards anymore because of this :gossip:

Is Dallas becoming the new Oregon?

Oh kr@p I was afraid this was going to start happening -- I am in Portland, Oregon and need to make a very important distinction.

All the stories involving PGX and the nefarious sellers like Terrance Leder and Ed Heaton have all been centered around Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. This is a very big state with big differences in the communities in the northern, central, and southern regions of the I-5 corridor. Eugene is home to the Ducks, PGX and some strange Kool-Aid in the water.

Portland is home to Dark Horse Comics, independent publishing and many fine micro-breweries. Speaking for myself and all the honest collectors here, Portland has a terrific comics community.

Unfair to lump Oregon all together when you are asking specifically about Dallas...

This :)

Congrats on your refund gadzukes! Hopefully everyone else will get their *spoon* sorted too.

Jerome

The post office told me that I will get the comic back on Tuesday of next week if it is not picked up. It requires a signature confirmation and an ID, and since he has been using aliases I don't even think he'll be able to pick it up. If he does, I will be able to see his real name and pursue further action.

Is there a way to be automatically notified when someone replies to this topic?

1) At the top of the page, click the "Topic Options" dropdown and then select "Add Topic to Your Watched Topics".

2) Click "MY STUFF" in the main menu and select "My Watch Lists".

3) In there click the "Watched Topics" tab, then "Edit Watched Topics".

4) Set the radio button for the thread to "Immediately" and hit the "Update Watched Topics" button at the bottom of the page.

That way you'll get an email every time there's a new reply posted in this thread :thumbsup:

Is there a way to be automatically notified when someone replies to this topic?

1) At the top of the page, click the "Topic Options" dropdown and then select "Add Topic to Your Watched Topics".

2) Click "MY STUFF" in the main menu and select "My Watch Lists".

3) In there click the "Watched Topics" tab, then "Edit Watched Topics".

4) Set the radio button for the thread to "Immediately" and hit the "Update Watched Topics" button at the bottom of the page.

That way you'll get an email every time there's a new reply posted in this thread :thumbsup:

Much better...thanks! :ohnoez: