• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8...record GPA low

322 posts in this topic

Is Dallas becoming the new Oregon?

Oh kr@p I was afraid this was going to start happening -- I am in Portland, Oregon and need to make a very important distinction.

All the stories involving PGX and the nefarious sellers like Terrance Leder and Ed Heaton have all been centered around Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. This is a very big state with big differences in the communities in the northern, central, and southern regions of the I-5 corridor. Eugene is home to the Ducks, PGX and some strange Kool-Aid in the water.

Portland is home to Dark Horse Comics, independent publishing and many fine micro-breweries. Speaking for myself and all the honest collectors here, Portland has a terrific comics community.

Unfair to lump Oregon all together when you are asking specifically about Dallas...

Here it is.... Sept 8th and I still don't have my money back. I bought this piece of Fraud on Aug 1 and my money has been held hostage for almost 40 days.

Polar & Bhinson, do you guys have your money back yet?

I sent the fraud comic back to Estate Liquidators. It arrived at his house on Sept 1st but he didn't sign for it. He hasn't signed for it in any of the days since. I called ebay last Saturday and they told me they were putting it on "the clock". If he didn't sign for it within 3 days then they would end the case and give me my money. I guess because of Labor day it pushed everything back.

Amazingly, I've had to open 2 more case for comics not as described (they say bad luck runs in 3s). I bought an Avengers 54 CGC 9.8 and the guy sent me a loose lowgrade copy of the comic with no cardboard protection. Arrrgh

My wife tells me with this economy we're going to see a huge upswing in crooks on ebay.

Be careful out there eveyone.

Amazingly, I've had to open 2 more case for comics not as described (they say bad luck runs in 3s). I bought an Avengers 54 CGC 9.8 and the guy sent me a loose lowgrade copy of the comic with no cardboard protection. Arrrgh

name of the seller please. thxs in advance

Here it is.... Sept 8th and I still don't have my money back. I bought this piece of Fraud on Aug 1 and my money has been held hostage for almost 40 days.

I sent the fraud comic back to Estate Liquidators. It arrived at his house on Sept 1st but he didn't sign for it. He hasn't signed for it in any of the days since. I called ebay last Saturday and they told me they were putting it on "the clock". If he didn't sign for it within 3 days then they would end the case and give me my money. I guess because of Labor day it pushed everything back.

My wife tells me with this economy we're going to see a huge upswing in crooks on ebay.

Sorry for all your problems. We would appreciate the name of the seller of

the Avengers 54.

Buying here isn't perfect but much safer than ebay.

The seller of Avengers 54 was "iamdavid13"

Item # 160640480480462

It was listed with a picture showing Avengers 54 CGC 9.8

I won it for $600. He sent me an unslabbed Avengers 54 loose, with no cardboard around it so it was mangled of course. The comic he sent me was maybe a 5.0. He claimed it was the exact comic out of the slab, but the cropping was different and.... you don't crack open a 9.8 Avengers 94 to mail it out!

Ebay did a cool thing when I put my claim in on this one. They emailed me a prepaid label for me to ship the comic back. How cool is that! I didn't have to pay the return postage. Is that a brand new policy of theirs?

As a seller, I sold a high grade (but trimmed) copy of Strange Tales 110 to bizzarocomics for $500 item# 160633147166

Bizarrocomics filed a "not as described" without even talking to me, and then escalated it without talking to me, but then said he didn't get it (even though my delivery conf said otherwise). Ebay told me that because he filed it as a "not as described" the only thing I could do was work out a partial refund or a full refund if he sent it back. So I asked him to send it back for a full refund. He immediately had a tracking number posted, so I thought "he must have found it and is returning it". When it arrived I had the postal worker watch me open it (I got that idea from people on this site). I signed for it and opened it, and inside, was a piece of cardboard and nothing else. Thank God I had the postal worker watching. Ebay had me file a police report and that's where I'm sitting on that claim right now.

So beware of iamdavid13 and bizarrocomics and of course Estate Liquidators

Hey Gadzukes,

Thanks for the update...I was curious where you were at.

To answer your question: Nothing resolved here so far either. I just submitted my 'request for additional information' to Paypal yesterday...so I'm a little behind compared to where your claim has progressed to. I was hopeful that yours had been resolved already. You'd think that with multiple buyers putting claims against the same seller, it'd be an open and shut case.

I've seen a few items on Ebay that I've wanted to bid on, but after what's been going on recently, I've been reluctant to bid.

Hey Gadzukes,

Thanks for the update...I was curious where you were at.

To answer your question: Nothing resolved here so far either. I just submitted my 'request for additional information' to Paypal yesterday...so I'm a little behind compared to where your claim has progressed to. I was hopeful that yours had been resolved already. You'd think that with multiple buyers putting claims against the same seller, it'd be an open and shut case.

I've seen a few items on Ebay that I've wanted to bid on, but after what's been going on recently, I've been reluctant to bid.

Polar, you know.... I haven't even used Paypal in all of this. Have they been helpful in your case? I have only used the ebay resolution center and made many calls to ebay.

Polar, you know.... I haven't even used Paypal in all of this. Have they been helpful in your case? I have only used the ebay resolution center and made many calls to ebay.

So far so good.....but the proof is in the pudding.

I thought Paypal and Ebay Resolutoin were almost the same entity since the claim I submitted shows as being open in both sites.

Item # 160640480480462

I won it for $600. He sent me an unslabbed Avengers 54 loose, with no cardboard around it so it was mangled of course. The comic he sent me was maybe a 5.0. He claimed it was the exact comic out of the slab, but the cropping was different and.... you don't crack open a 9.8 Avengers 94 to mail it out!

Ebay did a cool thing when I put my claim in on this one. They emailed me a prepaid label for me to ship the comic back. How cool is that! I didn't have to pay the return postage. Is that a brand new policy of theirs?

As a seller, I sold a high grade (but trimmed) copy of Strange Tales 110 to bizzarocomics for $500 item# 160633147166

Bizarrocomics filed a "not as described" without even talking to me, and then escalated it without talking to me, but then said he didn't get it (even though my delivery conf said otherwise). Ebay told me that because he filed it as a "not as described" the only thing I could do was work out a partial refund or a full refund if he sent it back. So I asked him to send it back for a full refund. He immediately had a tracking number posted, so I thought "he must have found it and is returning it". When it arrived I had the postal worker watch me open it (I got that idea from people on this site). I signed for it and opened it, and inside, was a piece of cardboard and nothing else. Thank God I had the postal worker watching. Ebay had me file a police report and that's where I'm sitting on that claim right now.

Thanks for the info. More and more crooked sellers popping up on ebay

Item # 160640480480462

This definitely makes me want to stay away from ebay. Such people should be locked up. Such a shame that there are people like these, and we don't have any idea how many people got victimized already and are just not reporting or don't bother to report at all.

This morning I talked to ebay. They had put Estate Liquidators on the "clock" as far as picking up the item I had sent back to him. The item had arrived back at their house on Sept 1st on they refused to sign for it.

Last Saturday they were officially put on the "clock" and had 3 business days to sign for it or the case would be closed.

The "clock" ran out on them yesterday.

Ebay has returned my $8701 back to my Paypal account.

I can't access the money for 72 hours (I don't understand that part)

So, in 72 hours my nightmare will be over.

Good luck to Polar & Bhinson. Keep calling ebay for updates.

As for me....... now I'm hoping to get the item back because what he sent me was an 8.5 Hulk 181. Unbelievably, I could turn a profit off of this crook. Anyone out there interested in this comic with a sordid history? Maybe I should send it, like it is into CGC so they can do a write up on it. Of course I need to get it back 1st. fingers crossed.

This morning I talked to ebay. They had put Estate Liquidators on the "clock" as far as picking up the item I had sent back to him. The item had arrived back at their house on Sept 1st on they refused to sign for it.

Last Saturday they were officially put on the "clock" and had 3 business days to sign for it or the case would be closed.

As for me....... now I'm hoping to get the item back because what he sent me was an 8.5 Hulk 181. Unbelievably, I could turn a profit off of this crook. Anyone out there interested in this comic with a sordid history? Maybe I should send it, like it is into CGC so they can do a write up on it. Of course I need to get it back 1st. fingers crossed.

Glad to hear that you are only moments away from getting out of that horrible ordeal sir..and you even get a chance to keep the controversial book. :applause:

Any chance you'd get news on what exactly will happen with the crook though?

I wonder if the return address is fake an no one lives there. Either way, you may have lucked out big time! :)

I have renewed hope now lol

Maybe I should send it, like it is into CGC so they can do a write up on it. Of course I need to get it back 1st. fingers crossed.

I would send it to them if they want to take a look at it. Then get it reholderd while it's there and flip away.

Congrats on getting your $$ back.