• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 Slightly Brittle Pages... upgrade chances

183 posts in this topic

However you don't have to buy the book and there are many out there who appreciate the value and importance of an Amazing Spider-man 1.

And kudos to this guy for the unimaginable he probably has put up with.

Jason, Welcome to the boards. What's the story on your Avatar. I loveit by the way...

However you don't have to buy the book and there are many out there who appreciate the value and importance of an Amazing Spider-man 1.

And kudos to this guy for the unimaginable he probably has put up with.

Jason, Welcome to the boards. What's the story on your Avatar. I loveit by the way...

I've seen that pic on demotivational.com. It said something like "epic boobs turn straight girls into lesbians" or something to that affect. I only remember it because they were definitely EPIC in the full sized pic! (thumbs u

Yep - that's the Epic Boob girl. I'm definitely a fan of a nice pair of bristols. My wife's got a 9.8 set, but she won't let me use them as my avatar, so I grabbed me the next best thing ;)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a former comic shop owner (from the mid 90s) and nearly lifelong comic collector (my first that I can remember was Rom in 1980). Now, I'm starting to get into the CGC thing and just enjoying collecting again.

Seriously. It's fear of buyers just like this one that have made a lot of us not want to sell on ebay any more.

I don't blame you. I actually just bought my first CGC SS book from a guy on this board, got it today and couldn't have been happier - and it was a sizeable purchase (at least for me). I lurked around here for awhile, got some great information and I felt I made an educated buying decision. So, there's some hope - at least.

Seriously. It's fear of buyers just like this one that have made a lot of us not want to sell on ebay any more.

I don't blame you. I actually just bought my first CGC SS book from a guy on this board, got it today and couldn't have been happier - and it was a sizeable purchase (at least for me). I lurked around here for awhile, got some great information and I felt I made an educated buying decision. So, there's some hope - at least.

NOOB!!! (tsk)

The smart thing would have been to just jump on the 1st book that caught your eye and then when you found out you couldnt flip it for a killing, threaten the seller and out him as the scumbag he is to the world! lol

NOOB!!! (tsk)

The smart thing would have been to just jump on the 1st book that caught your eye and then when you found out you couldnt flip it for a killing, threaten the seller and out him as the scumbag he is to the world! lol

That's what I would do. :gossip:

NOOB!!! (tsk)

Haha. I'll save that move for my next purchase!

Just read this whole thread; as a member of the (formerly) silent majority I have Blocked cheapcharlie118.

But wait... I thought the "silent majority" was that theoretically huge group of people who AGREE with cheapcharlie118...? You know... that "majority" that's so silent that not a SINGLE one has chimed in on this.

Is there anybody out there, even one single person, who thinks cheapcharlie118 is right?

Hmmmmm...

So far, all I hear is the sound of crickets chirping...

Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?

As someone that sells on eBay and currently has 1600+ feedback, along with a 100% rating as well as someone who just read 18 pages of this...

This sounds like a seller who does not have the experience in creating a listing to cover every angle in the event that the buyer has "buyer's remorse."

This also sounds like a buyer who made an impulse purchase, thought he may have stolen the book at the BIN, realized he didn't and had buyer's remorse.

Yes I learned there are a lot of frustrated ebay dealers on this board who cant stand it that a buyer stood up for his rights and won. This is not even a hard case. The guy tried to hide a major defect about his book and get away with it by saying "I put up a microscopic picture."

Luckily ebay sides with buyers. Ebay doesnt want to be like a shady used car lot because the buyers wont come back if they let sellers get away with these dishonest practices.

If you have a major defect in your book boys, I suggest you clearly disclose it if you want to win a case in front of an impartial ebay claims administrator. And if you want to sell me a book with hidden defects please block me. I dont want to do business with used car dealers.

And I do believe I speak for the silent majority of collectors who are in this for fun, but yeah I can see the dealer perspective of how irritating it must be to be forced by ebay to give customers some rights and not totally be able to taske advantage of them with impunity.

If you really believe this I suggest you contact ebay about this thread and put in an application to be their new poster boy for a holiday season ad such as this - "no matter how wrong, how dumb, how foolish you are, ebay will side with the stupidest of buyers. Ebay buyer protection - to protect you from your own stupidity and buyers remorse."

You do not speak for the silent majority of collectors who are in this for fun, you speak for yourself. Your posts are exactly why children should be seen and not heard.

This was my very first thread that I posted in. It was epic and a wonderful way to be introduced to the boards.

It deserves a bump.