• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 Slightly Brittle Pages... upgrade chances

183 posts in this topic

Yes I learned there are a lot of frustrated ebay dealers on this board who cant stand it that a buyer stood up for his rights and won. This is not even a hard case. The guy tried to hide a major defect about his book and get away with it by saying "I put up a microscopic picture."

Luckily ebay sides with buyers. Ebay doesnt want to be like a shady used car lot because the buyers wont come back if they let sellers get away with these dishonest practices.

If you have a major defect in your book boys, I suggest you clearly disclose it if you want to win a case in front of an impartial ebay claims administrator. And if you want to sell me a book with hidden defects please block me. I dont want to do business with used car dealers.

And I do believe I speak for the silent majority of collectors who are in this for fun, but yeah I can see the dealer perspective of how irritating it must be to be forced by ebay to give customers some rights and not totally be able to taske advantage of them with impunity.

Yes I learned there are a lot of frustrated ebay dealers on this board who cant stand it that a buyer stood up for his rights and won. This is not even a hard case. The guy tried to hide a major defect about his book and get away with it by saying "I put up a microscopic picture."

Luckily ebay sides with buyers. Ebay doesnt want to be like a shady used car lot because the buyers wont come back if they let sellers get away with these dishonest practices.

If you have a major defect in your book boys, I suggest you clearly disclose it if you want to win a case in front of an impartial ebay claims administrator. And if you want to sell me a book with hidden defects please block me. I dont want to do business with used car dealers.

And I do believe I speak for the silent majority of collectors who are in this for fun, but yeah I can see the dealer perspective of how irritating it must be to be forced by ebay to give customers some rights and not totally be able to taske advantage of them with impunity.

This "undisclosed/major" defect was in your first post three times - title, description and overwrite for hyperlink. Everything you say here makes YOU look bad. You made an impulse buy, your opinion on the page quality changed because of the feedback you got in this thread and you backed out of the deal.

HERE IS THE FIRST POST

Anyone have any idea on the upgrade potential of an ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 with slightly brittle pages?

Here is the link:

ASM #1 Old Label CGC 2.5 slightly brittle pages

Maybe you should post less & read more old threads/opinions herre; form your own opinions before you buy - you decide what you like/dislike in your collection - then go forward from there.

Let me get this straight from the get go.I am not a seller/dealer and certainly would not buy anything on ebay or online period that costs in the thousands of dollars.I am a collector NOT a dealer.Now,your initial statement you asked what the potential for an upgrade was on a 2.5 CGC book with brittle pages,so you did know what you were buying.You asked us this question after you bought the book already unbeknownst to us,when you got a somewhat less than positive response you immediately tried to get out of the deal.The seller did do his job and to make it known about the brittle pages or you would not have asked your initial question about the PQ,you jumped on the book in your inexperience(by the way is not an excuse).the seller then refunds your money even though it was nothing but buyers remorse,really.You come on here claiming fraud,sleazy, deceptive.This is where you really f-ed up! We see through your sham of lies,you sir are the one that has been deceptive.You do not belong here among the good people who have built a good reputation of being as honest as we possibly can be here,that's the difference between the CGC board members and any other messageboard on the internet.We hold ourselves up to a higher standard.this will be my last post you.

Anyone have any idea on the upgrade potential of an ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 with slightly brittle pages?

Really? Your argument earlier was that the font was microscopic and blurry? Have you read the title of the thread you started? Sad part is that you still believe someone is buying your adolescent story.

cheapcharlie118 blocked.

You need a nice bucket of AIDS thrown in your face.

Damn Stu... lol lol

lol

you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. just leave the board. no one wants to hear your excuses. you proved IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD: "ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 Slightly Brittle Pages" that you knew what you were buying. the only dishonest one here is you, once you realized that you weren't as "smart" as you thought you were and wouldn't make any money on a resub.

Really? Your argument earlier was that the font was microscopic and blurry? Have you read the title of the thread you started? Sad part is that you still believe someone is buying your adolescent story.

cheapcharlie118 blocked.

+1

lol! ok, that was funny. I needed that laugh today :)

Probably a bit less humurous if you have the illness or know someone who has the illness. (shrug)

If that one tickles your pickle, I got this one about leukemia that will knock your balls off. :baiting:

I think this board tends to lean slightly towards the seller's point of view (in general, which makes sense considering the percentage of dealers here), but in this case everything the buyer needed to know about this book was included in the auction. If this were my bad I'd have asked for the return and given the dealer a little money for his trouble, and felt lucky my lesson didn't cost me $2K.

if you're going to stay in this hobby - and the more you post, the less thrilled i am about that prospect - i suggest you learn how buying and selling works, what CGC does and does not do, and what the different grades and page quality designations mean. you might even do some - *gasp* - research into pricing! you had no clue what brittle pages meant when you started this thread, and i honestly believe you still have no idea. seriously, do you always utilise the "Ready, Fire, Aim" method of making financial decisions?

all of the above is amendable via the caveat that you're a) smart and emotionally mature enough to learn how to conduct online transactions of graded comic books and b) you're not actually a shill, here to do little more than stir scat. if either condition apply, and i have a sneaking suspicion they do, well, then, good luck to you

cheapcharlie118 blocked.

+1

+1

Really dude, just quit while you're behind (thumbs u

No one thinks that book is crappier than i do but i dont believe for a second that you didnt know it had SB pages when you bought it. Apparently, you didnt know how big a difference that would make in your hopes of flipping it but you certainly knew it had slightly brittle pages. Nothing whatsoever about the book was hidden from you. The seller didnt make a big bold headline about the pq but why would he??? he put up a pretty clear pic of the label and anyone could see what the pq was.

You thought you were getting a steal and when you found out you werent, you backed out. Fine, that would be bad enough. Coming on here and trying to make the seller out to be a scumbag because of YOUR mistake is completely out of line (tsk)

Third, he CLEARLY OMITTED MATERIAL FACTS THAT A REASONABLE BUYER WOULD THINK IMPORTANT. A blurry 4 point font picture, is NOT FULL DISCLOSURE.

I'm fairly new to the CGC game, and I guess I have to question the logic of placing a $2000 bid on something you weren't 90-100% educated in. Not everyone can know all the angles of a situation, but personally - I'd have to feel pretty confident before dipping into my wallet for that kind of jack on a key book.

On the other hand, this thread is definitely education for me and what collectors think of brittle pages.

I don't believe it's not the responsibility of the seller to educate the buyers on the pitfall of slightly brittle PQ and so forth. I'm not sure why you are bent about buying something that is what was advertised. A CGC label speaks for itself, doesn't it? Isn't that what people are paying for with their service?

However you don't have to buy the book and there are many out there who appreciate the value and importance of an Amazing Spider-man 1.

And kudos to this guy for the unimaginable he probably has put up with.

However you don't have to buy the book and there are many out there who appreciate the value and importance of an Amazing Spider-man 1.

And kudos to this guy for the unimaginable he probably has put up with.

Seriously. It's fear of buyers just like this one that have made a lot of us not want to sell on ebay any more.