• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your Uber High Grade UNDERGROUND COMIX !!!

348 posts in this topic

That being said, a lot of these comics just look ridiculous to me. If someone could point me to a place where I can read some of them, then perhaps I will change my mind.
That's fine but to some of us super hero comics look ridiculous. We still manage to not go into a SA thread and express the feeling though. Enjoy what you enjoy and let others do the same (shrug)

Fair enough. I don't see anything ridiculous about the battle between good and evil, which is the foundation for superhero comics in my mind. Seriously, though, where can I look through some of these underground comics? Perhaps I am not giving them enough respect.

doh! You're in San Fran and you're asking where you can get your hands on an Underground? It's bad enough that you're complaining about Undergrounds in an Underground thread but now we find out that you've never even cracked one open!! That's just ignorant...:makepoint:

I think that in some cases, you can judge a book by its cover. By the way, I'm not going to purchase any underground comics to read them, especially when I may not even like them. I'm looking for a website recommendation.

If you're a Christian or something and all of this generally offends you then please look away...and go away... :baiting:

Haha. Yeah, I have a giant crucifix tattooed on my junk.

NOW I'd like to see your balls.

And yet you continue to open this thread...

Like I said, I don't care. I'm not offended. How about everyone else, though?

I'm sure they don't need a moral crusader to speak for them. In fact, I think most of them are mature enough to just not look at things they don't like, instead of ask for free scans of such things repeatedly in the very same thread where they complain that such things exist hm

I'm just looking to be educated, oh wise one. I'm also not complaining that these "things" exist. I'm complaining that people spend good time and money on them. WTF? I bet you wouldn't show that trash to your kids.

I bet you wouldn't show that trash to your kids.
I don't have kids but if I did I wouldn't show them a super hero comic either. I enjoy lots of things aimed at an audience older than elementary school, not uncommon for most adults ;)

I'm sure they don't need a moral crusader to speak for them. In fact, I think most of them are mature enough to just not look at things they don't like, instead of ask for free scans of such things repeatedly in the very same thread where they complain that such things exist hm

I'm just looking to be educated, oh wise one. I'm also not complaining that these "things" exist. I'm complaining that people spend good time and money on them. WTF? I bet you wouldn't show that trash to your kids.

If my kids were of age or showed sufficient maturity and were interested in underground comix I'd be happy to share my collection with them.

I was considering scanning a few short stories out of Bizarre Sex for you but you've obviously already made up your mind. You can't call something trash and in the same breath ask where to find free scans and expect any kind of hospitality.

You don't want to be educated, you want to be proven right.

These books are not for you, you wouldn't enjoy or appreciate them.

Please leave now.

That being said, a lot of these comics just look ridiculous to me. If someone could point me to a place where I can read some of them, then perhaps I will change my mind.
That's fine but to some of us super hero comics look ridiculous. We still manage to not go into a SA thread and express the feeling though. Enjoy what you enjoy and let others do the same (shrug)

Fair enough. I don't see anything ridiculous about the battle between good and evil, which is the foundation for superhero comics in my mind. Seriously, though, where can I look through some of these underground comics? Perhaps I am not giving them enough respect.

doh! You're in San Fran and you're asking where you can get your hands on an Underground? It's bad enough that you're complaining about Undergrounds in an Underground thread but now we find out that you've never even cracked one open!! That's just ignorant...:makepoint:

I think that in some cases, you can judge a book by its cover. By the way, I'm not going to purchase any underground comics to read them, especially when I may not even like them. I'm looking for a website recommendation.

If you're a Christian or something and all of this generally offends you then please look away...and go away... :baiting:

Haha. Yeah, I have a giant crucifix tattooed on my junk.

NOW I'd like to see your balls.

Hahaha! Nice!

If my kids were of age or showed sufficient maturity and were interested in underground comix I'd be happy to share my collection with them.

I was considering scanning a few short stories out of Bizarre Sex for you but you've obviously already made up your mind. You can't call something trash and in the same breath ask where to find free scans and expect any kind of hospitality.

Please leave now.

You're probably right. I guess since you asked nicely, I'll quit posting. I might have enjoyed them, if the stories are good. That seems unlikely, though.

I'm not going to show my kids my girlfriend's *spoon* either, but I still love and admire it.

Please leave now.

^^

Please leave now.

You're probably right. I guess since you asked nicely, I'll quit posting. I might have enjoyed them, if the stories are good. That seems unlikely, though.

I'm sure they wouldn't be as compelling as the stories in Comic Cavalcade.

Please leave now.

I'm sure they wouldn't be as compelling as the stories in Comic Cavalcade.

Haha. Well, yeah... I don't read them. Come on! They're awesome covers! :)

Please leave now.

I enjoy posts like these because you seem to be conciliatory. But then, right at the end you take another jab.

How do you know don't like them, if you haven't read them? (shrug) Sure, they aren't superheros. But they have their own merit and place in the comic world.

R. Crumb is awesome.

Please leave now.

I enjoy posts like these because you seem to be conciliatory. But then, right at the end you take another jab.

How do you know don't like them, if you haven't read them? (shrug) Sure, they aren't superheros. But they have their own merit and place in the comic world.

R. Crumb is awesome.

I just imagine that the interiors of some of these comics are full of the same kind of exploitation as their covers. If others disagree, though, then I would totally be open to reading the stories. Hell, I might be an underground comix champion. Who knows? Crumb does seem interesting.

Let's leave the thread-crapping behind and get back on track.

Not uber high grade, but the nicest copy of this Moscoso gem I've seen. If you've got a nicer copy, please consider selling it to me. :baiting:

One of my favorite artists for the way he played with perspective, color, and depth:

color.jpg