• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your Uber High Grade UNDERGROUND COMIX !!!

348 posts in this topic

Lot's of cool and uncommon stuff in the house. :applause:

After owning a copy of Anomaly #4 for decades, I've often wondered what the deal was with the first three issues. Had never seen one until this thread.

Same here. I think I've seen that #3 once, but those first two.... Wow, that is cool to see. I love this forum!

Thanks to all for all the great scans!

These aren't uber high grade, but they might be of interest.

Over 30 years ago, a friend and I couldn't get enough of the weird undergrounds. We found a head shop distributor in a nearby city and talked our way into his warehouse to browse his undergrounds.

There were shelves and shelves of the classic ugs. We bought stacks at wholesale prices.

But the most interesting thing was a big box underneath the regular shelves. This is where they threw the oddball, unpopular, and defective comic books. There were some really weird undergrounds, including some I've not seen since.

That's the source of these two "defects", with no black ink printed on the covers.

115312.jpg.e1753f624dc0e7e130480dc2786569fc.jpg

115313.jpg.1ce7cf243a07c7e8ddad12adf5ccd45d.jpg

Thanks to all for all the great scans!

These aren't uber high grade, but they might be of interest.

Over 30 years ago, a friend and I couldn't get enough of the weird undergrounds. We found a head shop distributor in a nearby city and talked our way into his warehouse to browse his undergrounds.

There were shelves and shelves of the classic ugs. We bought stacks at wholesale prices.

But the most interesting thing was a big box underneath the regular shelves. This is where they threw the oddball, unpopular, and defective comic books. There were some really weird undergrounds, including some I've not seen since.

That's the source of these two "defects", with no black ink printed on the covers.

I love the story behind these - do you still have anything else from that buying trip?