• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your Uber High Grade UNDERGROUND COMIX !!!

348 posts in this topic

Are you complaining about the Cherry Poptart comics, or all of the books listing in this thread?

Well, the monsters are fine. I don't see the point in collecting comics about boobies or urination. Why would anyone pay good money for that kind of stuff? There's nothing inspiring about it at all.

Perhaps you should publish an approved list. (shrug)

I really don't have enough time or interest. I didn't say anything about Mr. Natural comics; they look fine to me. Bizarre Sex, though? Why would anyone want that trash?

As stated before, maybe you should know what's in the comics you're criticizing. I defy anyone to find a more mature look at sexuality in comics than the one debuted in Bizarre Sex #9. I guarantee no super hero comic has ever handled any topic with as much tact and class. But if you think it's trash you're free to pretend it doesn't exist (shrug)

Are you complaining about the Cherry Poptart comics, or all of the books listing in this thread?

Well, the monsters are fine. I don't see the point in collecting comics about boobies or urination. Why would anyone pay good money for that kind of stuff? There's nothing inspiring about it at all.

I really don't have enough time or interest. I didn't say anything about Mr. Natural comics; they look fine to me. Bizarre Sex, though? Why would anyone want that trash?

As stated before, maybe you should know what's in the comics you're criticizing. I defy anyone to find a more mature look at sexuality in comics than the one debuted in Bizarre Sex #9. I guarantee no super hero comic has ever handled any topic with as much tact and class. But if you think it's trash you're free to pretend it doesn't exist (shrug)

If you say so. I'd love to read it.

In the meantime...if you're really interested...I'd highly recommend the documentary film "CRUMB" about Robert Crumb...he may not be your cup of tea and the genre may not be your cup of tea but watching that film, whether you love or hate, it is indeed as compelling as a train wreck... :insane:

Watching the Crumb movie is what got me into undergrounds a few years back, so I would agree that it might be a good place to start if you want to learn about undergrounds.

You seem to have plenty of time and interest. Go compile your list and check back later. (thumbs u

You seem to have plenty of time and interest. Go compile your list and check back later. (thumbs u

Maus sounds pretty interesting, and it doesn't have a monstrous *spoon* on the cover. That's nice. Wimmen's Comix also seems interesting. Maybe I'll check them out.

Dupont... your arguments certainly do us proud, but...

:troll:

these arguments against u-comix did not hold water in 1973 & they certainly do not now

the whole alternative comics movement owes its existence to these books

:applause:

Two great points.

Very rapid evolution of alternative comics publishing... Big Apple Comix, Hot Stuf', Star Reach, Heavy Metal, etc

Oh, also remember that before co-creating TMNT, Kevin Eastman was technically an underground artist. A fairly major crossover there.