• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

CGC has changed things up a bit. You can no longer drop off books for them to have signed for you. They have hired extra help at some shows and you, the books owner, now have to wait in line yourself or give the books to a facilitator.

(thumbs u

CGC has changed things up a bit. You can no longer drop off books for them to have signed for you. They have hired extra help at some shows and you, the books owner, now have to wait in line yourself or give the books to a facilitator.

First, lemme just say, 'this sux'...now that that is out of my system. How does that work exactly? What does the facilitator do? Can I still grab a rep from the CGC booth to stand in line with me? How does double sigs work, the same way and I just have to stand in line twice (with the same CGC rep)? I don't mind doing it, just want to know the specifics so I can plan ahead. I can still have CGC crack my cases for me at the booth I'm assuming.

Jerome

I believe CGC will only crack Yellow Labels now. You will have to crack your own Blues or get someone other then CGC to do it for you. As for witnessing. You have to go to the CGC booth and ask for a witness to stand with you to get the sigs.

Correct on all accounts.

You need to go to the booth and get a witness to wait in line WITH you.

CGC will only crack yellow slabs

You have to crack your own blue label slabs.

Fill out the paperwork before hand. It speeds up the process.

Good tip Joey, thanks. I hate cracking books, but as my wife loves to tell me when it's my turn to cook, "Life is hard all over." lol

Would DWC be willing to crack my cases for me if I swing by the booth and provide the bag and board for them to slip into?

Jerome

Good tip Joey, thanks. I hate cracking books, but as my wife loves to tell me when it's my turn to cook, "Life is hard all over." lol

Would DWC be willing to crack my cases for me if I swing by the booth and provide the bag and board for them to slip into?

Jerome

I would suggest to always crack your own slabs unless you doubt your ability to do so. This way if anything happens you only have yourself to blame.

I am going to be CGC witnessing for the first time at the show; I crack slabs, press and can submit in the normal realm of my restore business but…. This is my first show as a CGC witness so I do not know all the do’s, don’ts, what I am allowed to do and what I am not, especially while I am at the show on the clock and there are a lot of rules when it comes to SS books.

I do know I can’t witness the books I am submitting, I would have to get another witness for that. I also don’t have a clue what the SS fee’s are since I am not a facilitator. I don’t think I can submit under my dealer account unless they are my books and even then I am not sure I can do that since I am not a facilitator, mainly because of not knowing what the bill will be, fee’s for the signing etc but again I am a noob when it comes to SS so I just don’t know.

I just don’t have any experience yet but if there is some way I can help you guys I will. This is my trial run so anyone who wants to see what I can do or can’t do let me know and I will see what I can find out.

I am going to be CGC witnessing for the first time at the show; I crack slabs, press and can submit in the normal realm of my restore business but…. This is my first show as a CGC witness so I do not know all the do’s, don’ts, what I am allowed to do and what I am not, especially while I am at the show on the clock and there are a lot of rules when it comes to SS books.

I do know I can’t witness the books I am submitting, I would have to get another witness for that. I also don’t have a clue what the SS fee’s are since I am not a facilitator. I don’t think I can submit under my dealer account unless they are my books and even then I am not sure I can do that since I am not a facilitator, mainly because of not knowing what the bill will be, fee’s for the signing etc but again I am a noob when it comes to SS so I just don’t know.

I just don’t have any experience yet but if there is some way I can help you guys I will. This is my trial run so anyone who wants to see what I can do or can’t do let me know and I will see what I can find out.

When I am a witness or I facilitate I rarely get any of my own books done.

You don't have to worry about the pricing (unless you are allowing others to use your account). Once the signatures are done a CGC employee will close out the form and hand the custmer the green copy.

If you are using your dealer account you just need to know how much the customer owes you. When you get to the show just ask for a quick price list so you are informed. Keep in mind multiple signatures now cost more per book.

During the show take many deep breaths and keep telling yourself you are having fun.

One piece of advice, just clearing out my thoughts here, be sure to ask CGC to make certain the artist who you want to sign your books is actually there and hasn't canceled last minute before you crack your own books.

Something I never thought about before (since CGC would get the sigs for me) they've told me a couple times over the years that so and so isn't there and I have to take my slab home. But if I crack it before asking, then I'd have to pay the re-grading and shipping again...ugh!

I will be asking CGC if all my artists are there then find a nice quiet place to crack my slabs at the con.

Jerome

or go locate them yourself to be sure. Never assume CGC has the time to go table by table to make sure which creators are attending. This will also help when you're leading the caw to the table to get books signed.

well i just got confirmed that i can make the show :) How does it work with multiple autographs price wise ?.. I aim to get some TWD by tony & kirkman :) Also how does that fee thing work with tony ? Do I pay the ??$5?? fee or whatever to the cgc guys or to him? Will the cgc guys know about it or do I need to inform them about it ??? anyone ?

Going to start going through books figuring out what I am going to bring /can afford to get signed ... I think I have at least 4 TWD books to get signed anyone know what that will cost me ?.. $25 each-ish?..

(worship)

one #10

2 #19s & one #94

may also bring a dmz #1 to get signed :)

One piece of advice, just clearing out my thoughts here, be sure to ask CGC to make certain the artist who you want to sign your books is actually there and hasn't canceled last minute before you crack your own books.

Something I never thought about before (since CGC would get the sigs for me) they've told me a couple times over the years that so and so isn't there and I have to take my slab home. But if I crack it before asking, then I'd have to pay the re-grading and shipping again...ugh!

I will be asking CGC if all my artists are there then find a nice quiet place to crack my slabs at the con.

Jerome

Great advice ... Some times even if they are there you may wind up out of luck cause **** happens ... I know one time the y the last man artist was at the show but she wound up getting Food Poisoning sick & pretty much had to leave the show

Many of you will be graced by my presence attaining signatures. Please bask in my glory...

That explains the smell Joey. Told you it wasn't Seattle!

:P

I kid, I kid. Be great to meet ya man!

Sweet news about Emberlin, thx for the update.

Jerome