• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

OK, so it's time for me to chime in now. As the coordinator for the CGC forum dinner for the past three years now, the best place so far for accommodating a large group in a private room has been The Daily Grill.

If you'd like I can explore the other restaurants in the area. We have generally been a big bunch - ultimately in excess of 25 at the end. It's difficult to find a place that would be quiet and semi-private.

Also, we generally have the dinner on Saturday night after the con closes since it's when most people are in town.

Finally, I had discussed this being a CBCA sponsored dinner over on the other board. I will check with Steve Z. and the gang to see if there's any perk that can be had for being a CBCA member at this dinner.

Please feel free to chime in and if there's anyone that wants to take ownership of this year's dinner, please feel completely empowered to run with it.

BTW - I also think the Cheesecake Factory is a bad idea. It was crowded, noisy and it took forever for them to seat us. To top it off they don't take reservations.

So.... anyone looking to help a boardie out and pick up a sketch or two for me?

Or if you mind sharing who you want to get stuff from, I have no problems getting them if they're the same people I'm hitting up.

I think I will be driving up and stay for the day on Friday (got the day off work!) There will be far less people there (I'm hoping) so maybe I can squeeze in some sketches.

Jerome

It's quieter, but check the artist alley to see if the people you're looking for will be there on Friday.