• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

I didn't know so many boardies lived in the PacNW.

Thats excellent :applause:

My wife and I will be going. We are going to ride the Amtrak up from Eugene. First time on a train, besides Disneyland (thumbs u

I hope to meet a few of you.

I love riding the train between Portland and Seattle.

I'm coming down via train from Vancouver. :o

hm I've thought of doing that before because I really hate the drive ... do you always do this ?.. How much of a pain is it to lug your stuff around both on & off train & also to get to your hotel ?..

wow..... 10 out of 11 of the convention hotels are sold out

Hotel List

I book the Roosevelt Hotel the second it pops up just so I have it cause I can always cancel if I can't make the show ... I don't remember them selling out this many hotels before though I'm sure its some kind of record ... makes me wonder whats going on & if its all because of the con or something else going on at the same time ... also hoping the show is not getting too big & too many people I'd hate for it to turn into something like sdcc I like my small little(big) con lol

Try to answer this globally lol

I have never heard Tony or Robert deny a signature because the other had already signed the book. I think it safe to say their affairs will not ruin a fan's moment when meeting them.

Tony has signing times which are very limited and we have worked out that books will be signed typically after the show is over for the day. How it will work at ECCC is not known yet with the new rules for SS, but I would assume it will work the sane as before.

Talk to Joe and myself at the show. We will do everything we can to assist.

Thanks JJ! I will see you there!

also hoping the show is not getting too big & too many people I'd hate for it to turn into something like sdcc I like my small little(big) con lol

I hear what you are saying, but if the con is alive, and good.... people are going to come to it and tell others. There will be no stopping the growth.

Enjoy it while you can :grin:

also hoping the show is not getting too big & too many people I'd hate for it to turn into something like sdcc I like my small little(big) con lol

I hear what you are saying, but if the con is alive, and good.... people are going to come to it and tell others. There will be no stopping the growth.

This will be by 3rd time at this show in a roll and I live in Tennessee. It is a fun show in a fun city.

Go on Friday :banana:

PacNW is a pretty cool place though

The P/NW is great only if you like the outdoors and don't mind the depressing gray clouds, rain and crappy beaches. Other than that, it's terrific!

Jerome

Many of you will be graced by my presence attaining signatures. Please bask in my glory...

Sweet! I can try to find you on Saturday. It'll be our annual "try to find each other at a Con" to meet. lol Seriously, it'll be great to finally meet you. :wishluck:

This will be by 3rd time at this show in a roll and I live in Tennessee. It is a fun show in a fun city.

Well if you ever need another Teenessean along for the trip I really want to go to this sometime! :lol: In the meantime, saving up for Heroes!

There are 2 conventions going on that weekend, ECCC and Ceramics Convention. Thats why all the hotels are book.

kirkman doesn't charge. Tony charges $5 for SS books and they can only get done through JJ. Tony does not charge for raw but by god don't get caught cheating, JJ will know.

Are there any comic stores worth checking out in Seattle?

I have a few days on either side of the con with some time to fill.

Comics Dungeon is your best bet although you will only find mid grade SA/BA and some GA at best. For moderns you may want to visit Xanadu in the U. district. Golden Age at the Pike's Place is nice to visit but you won't find anything worthwhile.

There are 2 conventions going on that weekend, ECCC and Ceramics Convention. Thats why all the hotels are book.

You already got a reservation, right Rey ?

You already got a reservation, right Rey ?

Yup! Staying at the Crown Plaza.