• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 2:02 PM, kimik said:

The question is whether it will hold those prices. Right now it seems like most 1st app books have the staying power of one week and then people chase the next hot new release.

When Mando comes back the SW books will pop again like they have twice in the past. The characters introduced here could easily show up there or Ahsoka since they are set not too far in the future. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, kimik said:

The question is whether it will hold those prices. Right now it seems like most 1st app books have the staying power of one week and then people chase the next hot new release.

They're all ancillary characters.  From what I can see this is driven through spec hype from DrunkWooky, and parroted out by YouTubers.

I would bet this book drops pretty quickly as you said, a week at most.  There are a couple of characters in there that could be interesting to develop further, but "random Imperial Lieutenant #1" and "random Imperial Captain #2" I couldn't care less about.

Me neither to be honest.  I did like cover A, and am just torqued a bit I didn't order 3 like I did the action figure cover.  I would say this will be $6-8 within 2 weeks.  I'll probably just order a few 2nd prints as I said earlier.  Not to mention, doesn't every SW book usually have 1st app. of secondary/tertiary type characters in every issue?  They alsmost have to with such a large universe to keep the stories fresh, and moving forward.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:17 AM, gradejunky said:

Of course it is going for $20+, I didn't order but 3 of the action figure variant.  Love the cover A but I just didn't order as I figured I could grab some later if I wanted.  I have only been ordering the regular SW series since about #20.  The reviews I have heard thus far of the regular series have been lackluster.  Oh well, I guess it will be 2nd prints for me.

Just picked up the action figure variant for cover on Ebay (Australia). But there's not many around.

On 8/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, LudaToke said:

Looks like these are starting to sell well on Ebay. I was in a store and surprised to see 2 of them on the shelf.  I asked the attendant how much they were and she said $1 as the cover suggested.  When she went to ring me up, she couldn't find them registered in her system and said since they were a free giveaway to the store, I could just have them.  Sounded like a good deal :takeit:

Capture.JPG

I read that these are still available to order, so we'll just have to see if they become worth something. I paid about $20 for mine, which was probably too much.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:08 AM, Lord Gemini said:

I read that these are still available to order, so we'll just have to see if they become worth something. I paid about $20 for mine, which was probably too much.

From what I read, they were sent to shops as a preview depending on the volume of books that they regularly order.  I also read another article that said it was limited to 12K copies.  I could be wrong though.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Radiant Black #1 (Cover A) looks to be a consistent $20 book. 

I think that Radiant Black #1 and just the overall series is good to spec on. This is just my opinion, but I do kind of see this being the next big Image universe where we see some type of animation. They have been trying really hard to build out this universe. I've been picking up quite a few of the #1's and getting them slabbed just waiting in the wings. I have also picked up a few of the ratios too as part of my PC.

The overall series has been pretty good, but has had some lull points.

I would even look at specing on the rest of the Radiant Universe books too.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:01 AM, Bird said:

any new news on crush, lobo's daughter?  I had some TT20/TT special sets at $10 + shipping for a few weeks that just sat and just sold 2 in a day and got offers on others.

The whole Lobo train has slowed down for the moment.  

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/full-list-of-all-upcoming-dc-movies-with-key-details/

LOBO

Release Date: TBD

What We Know: The Main Man, a Czarnian with various superpowers and healing factors, has always been of interest to Warner Bros. Attempts to make a Lobo movie date back to 2009 with Guy Ritchie and Brad Peyton circling the director’s chair. As of February last year, screenwriter Jason Fuchs (WonderWoman) was completing a new draft. Michael Bay was linked to the project, but it is unclear if he ever really signed on.

How It Fits in the DC Multiverse: Lobo, like Green Lantern Corps, could introduce the cosmic elements of the DC Universe. The character’s irreverence and stark design also set him apart from the rest the DC characters audiences are familiar with. And considering the times his comic book counterpart and Superman have butted heads, he could become a worthy opponent for the Man of Steel in a subsequent film.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:24 AM, WolverineX said:

I like that DK Steel one!

On 8/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, Michael Browning said:

I know I’m probably in the minority, but Brathukhin’s covers wouldn’t inspire me to buy a comic off the shelf. The art may be great and it’s very detailed, but I just don’t see what all the fuss is about.

Its the detail people love. This cover is not a must for me I dont like it, but I can appreciate
the talent it took to make it.

Perez is the same way with some of his work.