• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I pulled all of my graded listings. In the last two months or so, with the changes in the way views are calculated/displayed now, these dropped astronomically. Not sure what is going on but looking for a new venue for slab sales...

This is a great time for buyers to win high graded slabs auctioned on ebay, bad for the seller

On 9/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, troy.division said:

Uncanny X-Force #1...

Which one?

Edit I think I do own the 2010 reg cover, it had flirted with value but never stuck. Did kid apocalypse ever make it to the cgc label? Trying to find out why  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, fastballspecial said:

So that bothers the question. Is it ebay's changes? Whatnot cutting into their business which I believe now
or the comic market?

The market.

1) Noob sellers suddenly realise that you make losses too.

2) Nobody is selling *good* collections as prices are up and down - and some people now know they paid waaay too much for common 'keys' - they are waiting for the 'good times' to come back.

Those days are gone - it's a more sensible buyers market right at this minute.

3) Flipping moderns isn't possible for graded books due to the turnaround time unless said modern was printed and slabbed years ago

4) Too many variants,and the lack of buyer interest

5) Money is tight for the average working guy.

I'm still getting the same amount of $$ per month, but I have to sell 20% more books to get it. That's why I've kept my ebay store at mainly $10 - $50 items. Buyers are still there at that price point.

Confidence is waning in the comic market - which is good as the growth was unsustainable.

Having a rubbish phase four didn't help either.

It's a time of adjustment, and a good time to buy if you can find good collections. If, being the key word!

On 9/27/2022 at 7:43 PM, Bird said:

oops, I missed his post!

ryan reynolds instagram, hugh in deadpool 3 as wolvie...2024

On 9/27/2022 at 8:20 PM, PeterPark said:

And the deluxe variant is the common one...hm

The non-deluxe direct is even harder to find than a newsstand

On 9/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, kimik said:

Sweet. Now I just need to find my Wolverine 88s before the bubble bursts.

Had this one graded last year, glad I hung onto it. I would like to see the prices go a bit higher though before pulling the trigger - no rush.

20211201_174407.jpg

20211201_174424.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 2:03 PM, Beige said:

The market.

2) Nobody is selling *good* collections as prices are up and down - and some people now know they paid waaay too much for common 'keys' - they are waiting for the 'good times' to come back.

3) Flipping moderns isn't possible for graded books due to the turnaround time unless said modern was printed and slabbed years ago

I'm still getting the same amount of $$ per month, but I have to sell 20% more books to get it. That's why I've kept my ebay store at mainly $10 - $50 items. Buyers are still there at that price point.

Confidence is waning in the comic market - which is good as the growth was unsustainable.

It's a time of adjustment, and a good time to buy if you can find good collections. If, being the key word!

Bingo. The world has changed. I'm glad someone else gets it.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:03 AM, Beige said:

The market.

Super well stated. I’ve found myself some great deals on bigger books, but in turn there’s been that decrease of the value for books that I have available. 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:56 PM, Stephen Buehner said:

Super well stated. I’ve found myself some great deals on bigger books, but in turn there’s been that decrease of the value for books that I have available. 

Happening all over. I think variants have had their time in the sun.

While they have certainly had more staying power than the chromium novelties of the 90s, I think there will be resistance to paying what the owners once did.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:56 AM, Stephen Buehner said:

Even though I’m getting 1-2 sales a day, I’ve completely stopped listing new product. The market isn’t buying 

Edited by littledoom