• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Crickets last month.  Is it worth listing stuff again?

gotta be in it to win it

I am selling gangbusters myself but I have been listing like a maniac, took my listings from 50-100 to just under 200. I keep adding more but cannot get over 200 as I am selling 2-5 each day. These are $1-$20 comics though, nothing too expensive.

I find ebay buying my stuff that wouldn't sell cheaper here. The boards seem to be dead in terms of sales. I used to sell raw cheap comics in good shape rather well, but not much sales from my last few threads so I put it up on ebay and away it goes.

Edited by Bird

On 9/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, Bird said:

gotta be in it to win it

I am selling gangbusters myself but I have been listing like a maniac, took my listings from 50-100 to just under 200. I keep adding more but cannot get over 200 as I am selling 2-5 each day. These are $1-$20 comics though, nothing too expensive.

I find ebay buying my stuff that wouldn't sell cheaper here. The boards seem to be dead in terms of sales. I used to sell raw cheap comics in good shape rather well, but not much sales from my last few threads so I put it up on ebay and away it goes.

This is what I need to do again. I finally have time to start listing like crazy again. I figure if you put enough stuff out there, someone is going to buy it. All it’s doing here is taking up space. time to crack some beers and fire up the scanner  

I need to get a new integrated amplifier and decent bookshelf speakers for my new office/comic room/get away from the family room, so I’d like eBay to heat up to help offset some of the costs. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 9/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ryan. said:

In the olden days, convention season always made for slower online sales. Maybe we are just reverting to historical trends.

Lol I guess more posts of acquisitions have been made concerning cons, but it seem a little light footed on posts period as of late. I know I have late season yard work to tackle and etc. Grain of salt. :)

On 9/9/2022 at 7:57 PM, fastballspecial said:

Whats the difference in this and the last Mickey comic that was supposed to be the Hot Disney book?
Disney Comics and Stories 13? 

The Superman book floors me, but it has a built in fan base that will want one.

This D23 the free variant covers for Amazing Fantasy #1000

Last D23 free comic was a variant cover for Marvel Comics #1000
(see link for recent completed sales for this variant)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255705354202?hash=item3b893a0fda%3Ag%3AFm8AAOSwNOdjAtoJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkIboLd6eYFjUV3f3CxYnPvpLd7tRx2CAAK%2FjFEMM67bP6h7fsxdWyKUVX1Ydb14guK1LjXyk0JL6kOcwVxUsmL98BY82TFvQ2gL%2FBhHPeudPaZ5h2eHXxe16b%2BEpgka3I8QZR%2Bhv3HFf%2BWHQvxGeZIqig2Sax0Bro7OLpd%2Bjo8p7B78K%2FClVSbfelwTKT5S6fg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5Ks4NbkYA&nma=true&si=rAogUd3ddJH3FTMPETIMzrUzhGk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

One of the two Superman books I linked ended tonight at $751
It was put up for presale by Big Time Collectibles one week ago for $149

On 9/10/2022 at 12:07 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There will be a bigger dropoff when people who aren't already aware become aware of the change in reporting for taxes.

Agree. You'd think they'd know by now, but I stumble across a new comment or post outside of here expressing surprise and concern. 

On 9/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, awakeintheashes said:

fire up the scanner

I am only doing phone photos now. bang bang bang, front, back, then a shot of the wall to mark end of that book, repeat

Popped up 20 or so more and now have 200 listings. Got a full elfquest run up! 1-32, watch that sit for a while at $150!!! tired though, tired from listing

On 9/12/2022 at 5:56 AM, fastballspecial said:
On 9/11/2022 at 10:24 PM, Tnexus said:

Amazing Fantasy 1000 D23 variants are going for insane money right now.

Yeah they will for awhile. The del otto one from a couple of years ago did same thing then came down 

Yes. I used to get these from my file LCS when DIS sent the store copies out, and the key was to flip them asap before the increased supply dropped the prices. Does DIS still do that?

On 9/10/2022 at 5:09 PM, Bird said:

down to 199 already! :devil: Off to cook some Thai Chicken, yum yum yum

down to 192 and I even added one or two more!!! w00t w00t

(Nothing heating up though, just low level sales)