• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,802 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2022 at 7:47 AM, Stephen Buehner said:

Currently I’m scooping up contest of champions #1. I like the potential that white fox has for big success. 
Heck, I like everything that the New Agents of Atlas, and Tiger Division brings to the table. I couldn’t care less if they ever make a movie about them, but I think their powers and back stories could drive popularity on their own. 
I do think a movie is coming though haha. Some of these characters have massive amounts of fans, and are supported from the people who spend countless hours playing their video games. 

So, is everyone loading up on Tiger Division #1 pre-orders then?

Edited by kimik

On 10/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, kimik said:

So, is everyone loading up on Tiger Division #1 pre-orders then?

I’ve only stuck with order to fill covers. I think there is 5. I like one store exclusive, but it’s a higher buy in than I can swing. I am preordered through issue 3.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, World Devourer said:

I don't believe any of these DC efforts will be worth anything.

Why? Because they are DC and we currently have a depressed market.

The only exception would be an ultra-rare Batman variant with a beautiful cover. That will work.

It depends. There are some nice recent DC ratios that are retaining high prices:

Catwoman #43 1:25 Sozomaika (and some of the other Sozomaika 1:25s are doing okay as well)

and my favourite for recent ratios

Sandman Universe Nightmare Country #1 1:100 Frison

On 10/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, kimik said:

It depends. There are some nice recent DC ratios that are retaining high prices:

Catwoman #43 1:25 Sozomaika (and some of the other Sozomaika 1:25s are doing okay as well)

Hmmm...I don't regard those as "high" prices.

This is more like it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284791977466

Edited by World Devourer

On 10/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, World Devourer said:
On 10/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, kimik said:

Hmmm...I don't regard those as "high" prices.

This is more like it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284791977466

That book is over a decade old and a signature series copy. Give these the same amount of time to percolate and see what happens.

It looks like the asking prices on the currently listed DD (2011) #1 Adams 1:75 copies on eBay are out of touch with the market - last sale of a regular CGC 9.8 was $1500 in March 2022. It has likely dropped since then as the market has corrected.

On 10/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, littledoom said:

Polar bear’s toenails 

Here is the cold (ice cold facts:

2022 Total E-Bay Sales for the last 3 month were 40% of what they were in 2018/2019 and almost 20% of what they were in 2020/2021.  I went back 10 years and this year is by far the worst it has been.  Anyone else who has been selling for a while willing to look back and report how bad this year has been?

On 10/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, 1Cool said:

2022 Total E-Bay Sales for the last 3 month were 40% of what they were in 2018/2019 and almost 20% of what they were in 2020/2021.  I went back 10 years and this year is by far the worst it has been.  Anyone else who has been selling for a while willing to look back and report how bad this year has been?

Only raw comics up to about $100 is selling. I don't sell any slabs, as most are higher dollar value. I used to sell a decent amount on Shortboxed, the last 6 months have been crickets. 

I'm acutally selling a ton of Spawn 1s, getting $60-100 for NM+ raws. I love Todd and how he keeps himself relevant in the news cycle. The guy is a master promoter, I'll give him that. 

On 10/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, 1Cool said:

My sales have increased steadily for the last several years, but not huge jumps. Just like 5 to 15% a year or so depending on my time I can put into the hobby. Except for last year which is an anamolly.

What did many expect after the largest one sale year in the last 20 years?  I tripled my sales last year. I have no expectations that sales will be anywhere near what they were last year. But between ebay, CGC, facebook and doing comic books shows I won't take that much of a hit this year. Its about diversifying your sales which I am sure you are aware of. And when you know its buying time which it looking that way this year in the winter which I cant wait for. :drool:

By the end of this year I expect many sellers to pack it in when they realize they cant make the money they made last year. They actually thought this was what it was like selling comics every year. :roflmao:
Between that and having to pay taxes many will just quit and all be there to pick up the slack. :drool:

Edited by fastballspecial