• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2023 at 5:34 AM, lightninglad said:

Spider-Man Reign has heated up.  I’ve always thought it was a bit overlooked in this Spider-verse craze era, especially considering our hot Batman Damned was

Is that the Petey's pecker issue?

On 8/8/2023 at 7:33 PM, fastballspecial said:

Raw book? I see sellers asking that, but nobody has sold one yet. 
Most sales $10-20.  A newsstand might bring a pretty penny right now.

I actually sold a raw New X-Men #114 Newsstand for $85, a graded 9.4 Newsstand for $145 and 9.6 Direct for $109. I’ve still have a dozen or so raw newsstands. 

On 8/24/2023 at 8:08 AM, godzilla43 said:

That has to be really though in 9.8. Otherwise bin price seems to be like 10-20$. That cover is used in NES videogame.

The videogame art is a copy/swipe of this though, I think. Or else the same pencils but different inks? (I don't remember exactly, but this discussion popped up somewhere else at some point, maybe in the cover swipes thread?).

I think it's just that it's a popular Jim Lee cover, along with it being a 9.8 Newsstand, in a period when Newsstands were on the decline.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:12 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

6 sales in the last 3 years. 2 for about $260, the other 4 roughly in the $700-750 range

Shocked to see that my database shows I have a newsstand ... gonna go digging!

On 8/24/2023 at 5:24 AM, Microchip said:

Can anyone explain why this issue is so hot?

image.thumb.png.286860bc82b2e7f679545f47af00a5df.png

Someone check Youtube, there must be a few 'influencers' peddling this book hard.

It's a nothing book. Most Wolverine titles they peddle are garbage. 

I look forward to the day when comic book values are reflective of what's inside the book, rather than just the outside. 

It's literally as superficial as it gets.

image.thumb.png.4ceab2002b4f93935d71c99c192004cc.png