• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I recently suggest that writing Walking Dead on a piece of paper would likely sell on eBay. Maybe a pancake in the shape of Michonne's sword. [/quote/]

I think we are days away from seeing a pancake shaped sword made out of anything sell on ebay.

I recently suggest that writing Walking Dead on a piece of paper would likely sell on eBay. Maybe a pancake in the shape of Michonne's sword. [/quote/]

I think we are days away from seeing a pancake shaped sword made out of anything sell on ebay.

I'm already working on a stack of Sword Pancakes getting them ready in time for Season 3.

Seriously though, I'm thinking about listing some Commissioned WD art. I had some digitally colored and figured I would print out 10 of each one and see what happens. It they do well, I'll have the colors changed up a little and print out 10 more of each and so on :idea:

I'm already working on a stack of Sword Pancakes getting them ready in time for Season 3.

Seriously though, I'm thinking about listing some Commissioned WD art. I had some digitally colored and figured I would print out 10 of each one and see what happens. It they do well, I'll have the colors changed up a little and print out 10 more of each and so on :idea:

Not a bad idea should do very well goodluck...

If Chris Hansen did a prime time special about copyright and trademark infringement right about now he'd be saying "Have a seat right over there. "

If Chris Hansen did a prime time special about copyright and trademark infringement right about now he'd be saying "Have a seat right over there. "

Hum...but my WD character never appeared in the comics and never copied.

Well then it's not walking dead art. It's art inspired by it.

It would be a good idea not to use the walking dead name to sell it.

It's the difference between making money and paying money.

Well then it's not walking dead art. It's art inspired by it.

It would be a good idea not to use the walking dead name to sell it.

It's the difference between making money and paying money.

Thanks for the tip.

Good lord. I have to assume that Seller doesn't know the difference between the original 19 and this reprint Weekly version. Even though he's a comic book dealer. If he does know, there are a few bad names I'd tend to refer to him as.... :facepalm:

I just cannot get over the prices on Walking Dead. It makes no sense to me whatsoever, and if I still had 'em, I'd be selling 'em hand over fist.

A word of caution to those who think this is not a bubble, and that WD will continue to appreciate forever and ever...

The sales of WD are not driven by casual viewers. Casual viewers are not suddenly collecting comic books because of this show. Reading the TPBs because of the show...? Perhaps. Suddenly dropping everything to invest hundreds of dollars in the floppies based on what happens (and who appears) on TV? Very very doubtful. Casual viewers are not watching the season finale, and then jumping up, exclaiming, "Oh my God! The five second clip of that chick with the sword...I bet she's on a comic book somewhere! I have to have it! And...not only do I have to have it, but I need to pay top dollar for a high grade example...preferably signed and authenticated!"

That price jump on a CGC 9.8 from $450 pre-finale to $670 the very next day? That was sold from one comic book collector to another slightly slower comic book collector, both of them probably overcome by the universal WD hype. The only people getting whipped into a frenzy here are other comic book collectors. And, if anything, this is most similar to a game of musical chairs. We'll see who gets a seat, and who's still left holding their overpriced WD comics without a chair when the music stops.

That's not for you, Branget, as I'm sure you've already made a killing, and have nothing to worry about. This is advice for anyone considering paying current prices to jump on the bandwagon with hopes of watching them continue to escalate in value. Anyone hoping to retire off WD profits better be selling now, not buying.

Of course, just sharing my opinion, and I can be as wrong as anyone else. Perhaps they will just continue to appreciate, and in 10 years they will be on a par with AF 15.

I just happen to think that they are a lot more Magnus 0 than they are silver age key.

I just cannot get over the prices on Walking Dead. It makes no sense to me whatsoever, and if I still had 'em, I'd be selling 'em hand over fist.

A word of caution to those who think this is not a bubble, and that WD will continue to appreciate forever and ever...

The sales of WD are not driven by casual viewers. Casual viewers are not suddenly collecting comic books because of this show. Reading the TPBs because of the show...? Perhaps. Suddenly dropping everything to invest hundreds of dollars in the floppies based on what happens (and who appears) on TV? Very very doubtful. Casual viewers are not watching the season finale, and then jumping up, exclaiming, "Oh my God! The five second clip of that chick with the sword...I bet she's on a comic book somewhere! I have to have it! And...not only do I have to have it, but I need to pay top dollar for a high grade example...preferably signed and authenticated!"

That price jump on a CGC 9.8 from $450 pre-finale to $670 the very next day? That was sold from one comic book collector to another slightly slower comic book collector, both of them probably overcome by the universal WD hype. The only people getting whipped into a frenzy here are other comic book collectors. And, if anything, this is most similar to a game of musical chairs. We'll see who gets a seat, and who's still left holding their overpriced WD comics without a chair when the music stops.

:applause: