• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I sold all my tot , saga, danger , etc all at a discounted from cover price. I know what they are selling for on the secondary market but I feel no need to squeeze out every penny. I give away to my customers the 1:50,1:100,1:200 variants etc.

Heck I just bought a set of tot 1-2 for $25 and will be selling to my customer for cover less his sub discount rate. For some it is about the hobby and not always about the dollar

If you have customers that lay down real money with you every month then this makes perfeft sense. Of course, not so much sense for the $15 a month customers. You are running a business afterall!

One LCS I go to does not seem to even understand what variants are as they are not geared toward comic collectors at all (no back issues other than th 25 cent box to get rid of stuff). They put them out on the shelf and if they don't sell within 3-6 months they go in the 25 cent box!

Are all Kirkman fans all just buying into this?

:baiting: Nick Spencer is writing it, so that's a big reason why I'm picking it up. I read all three at once last weekend and it flowed well. I'm sticking around for the long haul.

Yep, and stories like these can't really be judged by three issues, especially in the tpb era of story decompression. Quitting now is like putting a novel down early in Chapter 2.

FWIW, and as a counterpoint to ToT fever, I actually liked the start Secret is off to better.

I completely agree. It had a much smoother flow to it with alot of unanswered questions. Will see where issues 2 and 3 take us. And it was printed alot less and it could easily become a Pilot/TV show just as easily.

I sold all my tot , saga, danger , etc all at a discounted from cover price. I know what they are selling for on the secondary market but I feel no need to squeeze out every penny. I give away to my customers the 1:50,1:100,1:200 variants etc.

Heck I just bought a set of tot 1-2 for $25 and will be selling to my customer for cover less his sub discount rate. For some it is about the hobby and not always about the dollar

If you have customers that lay down real money with you every month then this makes perfeft sense. Of course, not so much sense for the $15 a month customers. You are running a business afterall!

One LCS I go to does not seem to even understand what variants are as they are not geared toward comic collectors at all (no back issues other than th 25 cent box to get rid of stuff). They put them out on the shelf and if they don't sell within 3-6 months they go in the 25 cent box!

I would imagine as a LCS its a tough call. In this market its tough for the LCS to make money so unless they are very good at watching margins it would be hard to pass up. At the same time what a way to keep loyalty among your customers. All 3 of my shops do nothing for their customers that I am aware of. Wish your shop wasnt 1,000 miles away.

Sold my last two Saga #1 NM first prints for $ 8.99 each yesterday. With all

the alleged furror over the title, I can't understand why they lasted so long.

Huge print run for an Image title will keep the price down.

Huge print run for an Image title will keep the price down.

Agreed. IIRC, the print run was roughly 3x the print run of YTLM #1. Even if it's as successful as YTLM, it'll probably peak at $25 - $30 raw.

As a collector, though, this just makes me covet the RRP #1 even more.

Received my first (hopefully not last) RRP in the mail yesterday...and it was THRASHED. insufficiently_thoughtful_person used two paper-thin pieces of cardboard (the type that lines the bottom of Diamond boxes), and then threw it in a manila envelope. Bottom spine corner is a mess. Now I need to deal with Paypal to get my money back as the seller has been non-responsive so far.

Edited by jjeanius