• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Randomly, I had heard Suicide Squad 7 was a hot book, but I don't collect DC - so I didn't know much about it, but when I saw it in the back issue rack of my LCS, I snapped it up thinking I got something special. I get home, pull it up on Ebay, and find dozens selling for 99¢. Guess that's what I get for speculatin'

doh!

Randomly, I had heard Suicide Squad 7 was a hot book, but I don't collect DC - so I didn't know much about it, but when I saw it in the back issue rack of my LCS, I snapped it up thinking I got something special. I get home, pull it up on Ebay, and find dozens selling for 99¢. Guess that's what I get for speculatin'

doh!

suicide sqaud #6 is actually the hot book in the series (my LCS had 12....i bought and sold every single one over a 8 days period.), tho i did have a few people looking for #7 too

this is why you gotta have a phone with internet. if i see books that i THINK might be worth something, i check online first.

Edited by Hawkman

doh!

Same thing happened to me with Batman 4, although the price in the secondary market does seem a little higher, no idea why though, what am I missing?

doh!

Same thing happened to me with Batman 4, although the price in the secondary market does seem a little higher, no idea why though, what am I missing?

book WAS hot for a minute. i sold one copy for $10......but i think the 2nd print came out, and since it's not a #1 issue, people didn't feel the need to get the 1st print?

Edited by Hawkman

doh!

suicide sqaud #6 is actually the hot book in the series (my LCS had 12....i bought and sold every single one over a 8 days period.), tho i did have a few people looking for #7 too

this is why you gotta have a phone with internet. if i see books that i THINK might be worth something, i check online first.

I've got an iPhone, which I normally check when I'm cruising the back issues at the LCS - but in this case, I was positive it was a popular book.

Store — Hotsy-Totsy, Home— Hotsy-Notsy.

doh!

I've got an iPhone, which I normally check when I'm cruising the back issues at the LCS - but in this case, I was positive it was a popular book.

Store — Hotsy-Totsy, Home— Hotsy-Notsy.

Ditto,

I always break out the IPhone before I buy a speculation book.

The eBay breakdown on Thief of Thieves CGC for those following it:

Comicspro CGC SS (K&S) 9.8 is at $832 with 4 days left;

Image Comics EXPO (ICE) 9.8 SS (K&S) is at $350 w/ 6 days left;

The regular CGC 9.8 is at $310 w/ 24 hrs. left;

Another regular CGC 9.8 is at $294 w/ 3 days left;

a reg CGC 9.6 SS is at $99 w/ 3 days left; and

a reg CGC 9.4 is at $99 w/ 6 1/2 hrs. left.

This book is on fire & I just want to know if it will ever burn out ?

doh!

You don't collect DC? That's like having peanut butter without jelly,pizza without cheese.I can't imagine not owning such cool books like Neal Adams Batman,or Showcase 22. :facepalm:

Suicide Squad 7 should actually be worth more then 6...eventually we will see a market correction?

You askin' or are you tellin', tough guy? :taptaptap:

So I use to work at my LCS, for about five years, and all but two of the guys that work there are ... let's just say jerks.

So I walked in the other day to pick up a copy of thief of thieves #2 and #3. Now, mind you, the issues has been out for well over a month, and there were at least 30 on the shelf. I noticed a little sign under the issues stating "one one per customer". I thought, cool! I've already grabbed a few in the past month to make runs to put on ebay, I'll grab another now. Now, I know that I had already bought 2 or 3 since it had come out, but I didn't expect them to know that. When I walked up to the counter, the guy ringing me up (lets call him evan), stops and says he has to run and grab something from the back of the store. I'm not stupid like he assumes I am, and I see him talking to another clerk (lets call him pete). Evan then comes back up to the counter, and in the MOST awkward way says "yeah, we gonna have to put this one back" referring to issue 2, stating that I had already bought one weeks earlier. I was stunned, because although he had every reason to deny me the book, there were at least 30 copies of it on the shelf - not to mention I had been a previous employee. I know that Evan did it because he doesn't like me and he COULD do it, but jeeze, I almost canceled my subscription box and walked out at that very moment.

So I use to work at my LCS, for about five years, and all but two of the guys that work there are ... let's just say jerks.

So I walked in the other day to pick up a copy of thief of thieves #2 and #3. Now, mind you, the issues has been out for well over a month, and there were at least 30 on the shelf. I noticed a little sign under the issues stating "one one per customer". I thought, cool! I've already grabbed a few in the past month to make runs to put on ebay, I'll grab another now. Now, I know that I had already bought 2 or 3 since it had come out, but I didn't expect them to know that. When I walked up to the counter, the guy ringing me up (lets call him evan), stops and says he has to run and grab something from the back of the store. I'm not stupid like he assumes I am, and I see him talking to another clerk (lets call him pete). Evan then comes back up to the counter, and in the MOST awkward way says "yeah, we gonna have to put this one back" referring to issue 2, stating that I had already bought one weeks earlier. I was stunned, because although he had every reason to deny me the book, there were at least 30 copies of it on the shelf - not to mention I had been a previous employee. I know that Evan did it because he doesn't like me and he COULD do it, but jeeze, I almost canceled my subscription box and walked out at that very moment.

I would rage so badly. Fold it in half and say "Here ya go!"

Wow! what total Jerks

I almost canceled my subscription box and walked out at that very moment.

Ahem: you should have canceled your subscription box, left the other books on the counter and walked out, never to come back ...

I almost canceled my subscription box and walked out at that very moment.

Ahem: you should have canceled your subscription box, left the other books on the counter and walked out, never to come back ...

Exactly. Forget the "almost". Done and done.