• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Returning to the discussion of Batman: End Game, I knew they were heating up, but had no idea how much. I bought a set of the regular covers 35-39 at my LCS (who were selling the set for $9.99, plus 25% discount, so only $7.50...knew I couldn't lose at that price). Threw them up on eBay at 19.99 and rolled the dice. They ended at $66. I had no clue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331515364696?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Bidder was 0% FB but the paid right away, books shipped and were delivered, haven't had any issue so far.

Not tooting my own horn, just giving a heads up, these things are apparently going nuts. After that auction ended I ran out to my local shops to see if I could put a couple more sets together, but 36 was the only non-variant I could find in the wild. I didn't bother with the variant covers (Harley, Flash, etc) because I wasn't sure if they'd have the same result. I think that the people that really want these probably want the "real" covers.

Anyway, happy hunting!

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a good read. I'll have to throw mine up this weekend.

Some other Combo packs that are in extreme short supply:

JLA #1 2nd print combo pack

Green Lantern #28

Its too early to tell if combo packs will become highly sought after, but clearly there are shortages

I'm thinking a set of all the Endgame book regular covers plus the 4 Endgame one shots will be a good set to sell.

Batman #35-40

+

Batgirl Endgame #1

Detective Endgame #1

Arkham Manor Endgame #1

Gotham Academy Endgame #1

Could be quite lucrative.

I'm thinking a set of all the Endgame book regular covers plus the 4 Endgame one shots will be a good set to sell.

Batman #35-40

+

Batgirl Endgame #1

Detective Endgame #1

Arkham Manor Endgame #1

Gotham Academy Endgame #1

Could be quite lucrative.

what about Batman Annual #3?

I had a chance to pick up one store's last copy of Future's End #46 today, but the spine was so chafed... over half of it had no ink whatsoever, with paper fibers showing on the top inch or two.

:frustrated:

The other LCS close to me apparently did get more copies of Darth Vader #3, put them out for $9.99 a pop.

:frustrated:

-slym

I found a FE #46 and 47 at my LCBS a whole week after #47 came out. Now I have an extra of #47 to sell when the time is right.

On the Gi Joe 214 front. I just bought 5 copies. Hope it goes up enough to at least get my money back :) TMNT has made me $80 on a $17 investment, so I thought it would be worth taking a bigger shot here.

I've heard stores are going huge on deadpool 45.....one of my local smallish lcs are ordering 300 copies.....I'll be avoiding this one.

Then, it's probably going to be really, really good.

( I just pre-sold my 1:100 variant for $300 )

I've heard stores are going huge on deadpool 45.....one of my local smallish lcs are ordering 300 copies.....I'll be avoiding this one.

There's a sucker born every minute.

There's a sucker born every minute.

It's a cool cover...

My cost was $500 ( if I don't sell one Deadpool #250 :)

I only liked the 'serious' Deadpool, never really liked Mr. Yuk Yuk Deadpool...I can see him staying dead about 1/2 and issue then coming back. Maybe climbing out of a clown car with Spider Gwen.

Edited by krighton

Based on the info in this thread, today I set about collecting some Batman 35-39 sets. I have the makings of two with the missing books located by phone so i just have to go get them tomorrow, which I will do. I also got one polybagged copy of 34 that looks nice in there under the bag. I added variants from 38 and 39 to add to one set. I guess now that I have the core titles taken care of I will get one copy of the 5 tie-ins as well if I can for one set at least.