• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I think the Suicide Squids were first featured in The Wake...or in an old Adventure Comics featuring Aquaman. (thumbs u

DC comics must have been reading this thread because they just announced a new title for 2016;

squidssmall.jpg

For those of us who remember the Usenet days (pre-World Wide Web) suicide squid was a reoccurring joke on the comic newsgroups. :cloud9: Memories...

I think the Suicide Squids were first featured in The Wake...or in an old Adventure Comics featuring Aquaman. (thumbs u

DC comics must have been reading this thread because they just announced a new title for 2016;

squidssmall.jpg

For those of us who remember the Usenet days (pre-World Wide Web) suicide squid was a reoccurring joke on the comic newsgroups. :cloud9: Memories...

Had to look it up, hilarious lol

http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/meme-research/topics/9343-suicide-squid

squidssmall.jpg

Had to look it up, hilarious lol

http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/meme-research/topics/9343-suicide-squid

I had forgotten all about the awards that spun off from that typo. Good times! Thanks for sharing the link. (thumbs u

This book is amazingly still hot, even in auction. Just finished here in UK.

ebay Captain Marvel #14 1:30 variant

Few months ago this was like a $10 book

This new ebay trend of saying the grade is Brand New / Unread is absolutely absurd.

I'm seeing more and more comic stores on ebay and just sellers stating that as a grade.

How can you run a comic book store and not know how to grade books.

Look at this pic of the captain marvel i see at least 3 spine ticks on it all color breaking but its Brand New Unread.

Brand New Unread is not a grade This is the new Fleabay Trend and its very sad and lazy. rantrant Over

I

This new ebay trend of saying the grade is Brand New / Unread is absolutely absurd.

I'm seeing more and more comic stores on ebay and just sellers stating that as a grade.

Look at this pic of the captain marvel i see at least 3 spine ticks on it all color breaking but its Brand New Unread.

Brand New Unread is not a grade This is the new Fleabay Trend and its very sad and lazy. rantrant Over

Because for the majority of the hobby, the vast majority of the hobby, that's as much information as they need. (shrug)

It may not be as much information as EVERYONE might need, but it is enough to tell THOSE people that if they want a book that distinguishes the difference between a 9.0 and up, then they may want to seek out different seller.

I

Because for the majority of the hobby, the vast majority of the hobby, that's as much information as they need. (shrug)

It may not be as much information as EVERYONE might need, but it is enough to tell THOSE people that if they want a book that distinguishes the difference between a 9.0 and up, then they may want to seek out different seller.

Because of Diamond's rough handling, and shipping damage, I see a ton of books on the shelf at comic stores that are "New & Unread" but wouldn't even measure up to a VF.

New & Unread is not a grade. It's the password to access clown town.

I

Because of Diamond's rough handling, and shipping damage, I see a ton of books on the shelf at comic stores that are "New & Unread" but wouldn't even measure up to a VF.

I've seen a lot of the same. Its either Diamond or that the guys at the LCS are ordering so many different copies that they are just throwing them out there and hoping for the best.

My LCS swears that something changed a wile back with Diamond, and the majority of his shipments now show up damaged.

He tells me this knowing that I work for UPS, and supervise his deliveries, so I think he might just be sneak dissin', lol.

I

'Unread' lol

Soon it'll be, "Unseen - clerk picked and placed comic in brown bag, I cannot confirm or deny condition."

Are you suggesting that "Brand New Unread" books can't have spine ticks coming right off the shelf?

Or are you saying that three color-breaking spine ticks would keep such a book from coming back with a 9.4 "Near Mint" grade?

:grin:

My LCS swears that something changed a wile back with Diamond, and the majority of his shipments now show up damaged.

He tells me this knowing that I work for UPS, and supervise his deliveries, so I think he might just be sneak dissin', lol.

If its who I'm thinkin hes had that conspiracy theory for 10 years now lol

ok, was going to post mine just checking...good way to draw attention to the listing if nothing else.

agree, I've just updated the description in my sales thread.