• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,825 posts in this topic

This one comes from a Mexican comic shop (not the Mexican edition).

I bought an EoSV #2 land variant from a Mexican seller who told me it was the English version in NM+ condition.

received it.

1. Spanish.

2. Book has many many spine ticks and color breaking creases

3. contacted seller to refund but return shipping was going to cost me $60. said screw it. he refunded 80% of what i paid.

Then I got an email stating that he "accidentally" sent the wrong one and that he has a NM+ copy with him..... right....

Now i'm stuck with this book I don't want. Never buying from anywhere outside of Canada/US again.

Good luck!

The only exception to this is buying from a well known overseas retailer, like Forbidden Planet. Those retailers do know how important condition is.

You picked the only UK retailer who like to clean their floors with new releases.

Most of Forbidden Planet staff don't even know what a comic is let alone the importance of condition

Edited by songsaboutclouds

I bought an EoSV #2 land variant from a Mexican seller who told me it was the English version in NM+ condition.

received it.

1. Spanish.

3. contacted seller to refund but return shipping was going to cost me $60. said screw it. he refunded 80% of what i paid.

Then I got an email stating that he "accidentally" sent the wrong one and that he has a NM+ copy with him..... right....

Now i'm stuck with this book I don't want. Never buying from anywhere outside of Canada/US again.

Good luck!

The Mexican Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was a subsequent printing, not released simultaneous to the US release, and I speculate an effort to add (and confuse) to the marketplace of a sizzling hot book.

I dealt with a Spanish / Mexican seller of this title, who was kind enough to deliver it via the US, crossing the boarder in Texas to mail it via USPS for safety/efficiency (speed)/cost, since the Mexico Post isn't reliable with any ability to trace a parcel.

The book in the scan looked a bit jacked up and the packaging job was sub-par, incurring maybe a few more bends, but arrived nonetheless.

I've not seen a lot of the Mexican Variant in great condition, not sure if that's the nature of the printing process (spines are always with dings and dents) or distribution or if the eBay sellers simply don't know how to handle comic books.

I paid $50 for it months ago because I liked the cover artwork, and am not sure what the print run was/is nor if it's worth more/less now.

I think if the seller has the US book in NM, the deal should be, to issue you a full refund incl Shipping since it was his error. Issue you additional payment to return the book back to him, then you're "whole" and as is he (sans shipping fees he has to pay for his own mistake). OR, he simply in good faith send you the book you paid for, along with a payment to return the book he sent in error.

In no legit transaction where the seller is at fault should you be penalized and accept a partial (80%) refund for someone else's error, nor pay for return shipping out of your pocket either.

received it.

1. Spanish.

Good luck!

I've got my fingers crossed. The lot included 1-5 of the land variants and a 3rd and 4th print of #2. Was there a picture of the English version, or was it a stock photo?

The only exception to this is buying from a well known overseas retailer, like Forbidden Planet. Those retailers do know how important condition is.

You picked the only UK retailer who like to clean their floors with new releases.

Most of Forbidden Planet staff don't even know what a comic is let alone the importance of condition

I've never had a problem with a shipment from Forbidden Planet. (shrug)

received it.

1. Spanish.

Good luck!

I've got my fingers crossed. The lot included 1-5 of the land variants and a 3rd and 4th print of #2. Was there a picture of the English version, or was it a stock photo?

I don't want to completely write off Mexico altogether as a country of bad sellers and poor graders. I'm sure that's far from the case. However, I always weigh risk in buying. that includes buying from different countries, as well as US/Canadian sellers with ratings below 99.6%. Also read feedback.

But seriously, I hope your books are as stated!

Anyone ever seen this Captain Marvel 13 Conner variant previously? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-13-Amanda-Conner-Variant-Scarce-HTF-NM-/171923963517?hash=item2807777e7d

Is the seller undervaluing it? ;)

I actually did find a copy the other week and thinking about listing it if I can even get half of that asking price. Or wait until Baltimore Comic Con next weekend and get it SS by Conner?

No idea why he listed so high, is not a key ir anything like that. First time i see it, books like that i look at finished auctions to get a reaalistic idea of its value. Anyonr can ask triple digits for a book, but that dont mean the book is valued at asking price.

Cool cover though.

No idea why he listed so high, is not a key ir anything like that. First time i see it, books like that i look at finished auctions to get a reaalistic idea of its value. Anyonr can ask triple digits for a book, but that dont mean the book is valued at asking price.

Cool cover though.

something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. and some people will pay ridiculous amounts of money.

I believe the Scooby Doo print run was listed at 7000. I have two on reserve at my shop!

Yes but in my area 2 of the 5 comic shops knew about this and upped their orders.... so the print run will be a little larger then the other issues. 9 or 10k? Which is still tiny for Harley Quinn. Also remember this isn't the suicide squad harley, this is cartoon harley, the original. I think every Harley fan will probably need one of these.... there will not be enough to go around, to me that's a no brainer...

Yeah, I have a feeling that I won't be able to find one of these Scooby Doo issues, tomorrow.... I think I only ever see Scooby Doo comics at two of the LCSs and I'm sure they're already accounted for. Hoping I can run across a newsstand edition in a while.