• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,825 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread (my apologies if it has) but it looks like two very hot moderns right now are "Space Riders" and "We Can Never Go Home," both published by Black Mask Studios. I wasn't even aware of these until I saw the latest prints of Space Riders at my LCS yesterday. First prints of both series are bidding upwards of $50 on eBay, with plenty of bidders. Probably very small print runs. Both first issues are in third printings, with #2 and #3 in second printings. I'd seen some of the Black Mask titles on the racks but didn't pay any attention, but I purchased Space Riders #1, #2, and #3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Kind of a mashup of Paul Pope, Johnny Ryan, and a little Steve Mannion thrown in. Wacky and fun stuff. Haven't read "We Can Never Go Home" as my LCS had zero copies.

Wow, for a moment there I almost thought I killed the thread with this post. Nothing from anybody on this one? Nobody cares about these books? They're definitely "hot." Look at the eBay auctions going on. I think it's interesting to see a little publishing venture come out of nowhere and gain some traction and buzz. Not an easy thing to do.

I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread (my apologies if it has) but it looks like two very hot moderns right now are "Space Riders" and "We Can Never Go Home," both published by Black Mask Studios. I wasn't even aware of these until I saw the latest prints of Space Riders at my LCS yesterday. First prints of both series are bidding upwards of $50 on eBay, with plenty of bidders. Probably very small print runs. Both first issues are in third printings, with #2 and #3 in second printings. I'd seen some of the Black Mask titles on the racks but didn't pay any attention, but I purchased Space Riders #1, #2, and #3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Kind of a mashup of Paul Pope, Johnny Ryan, and a little Steve Mannion thrown in. Wacky and fun stuff. Haven't read "We Can Never Go Home" as my LCS had zero copies.

Wow, for a moment there I almost thought I killed the thread with this post. Nothing from anybody on this one? Nobody cares about these books? They're definitely "hot." Look at the eBay auctions going on. I think it's interesting to see a little publishing venture come out of nowhere and gain some traction and buzz. Not an easy thing to do.

Books were discussed pretty thoroughly earlier

Pretty easy IMO. Cut off retailer variants on Image and hello new guys for flips.

What am I missing here? Why would Scooby featuring Harley be such a hot item? What's special about it? (shrug)

I'd have to guess the lower print run of a pretty cool team up. Other than that, most likely nothing at all and will fizzle pretty quick.

Kinda what I thought then.

What am I missing here? Why would Scooby featuring Harley be such a hot item? What's special about it? (shrug)

DC is retconning Harley's origin, she's actually Velma after eating a Scooby snack.

giphy.gif

I was finally able to locate some sites speculating about this comic besides eBay sellers;

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/09/07/one-to-watch-scooby-do-team-up-12/

http://comicbookscalping.com/2015/09/22/week-in-review-september-22/

Someone mentions here that the Scooby team up issues are getting animated in 2017.

Midtown Comics are sold out of Scooby Team up with Harley. They said all orders were allocated and the received inventory sold out early this morning.

I'm not sure if the run really is limited or if it's just got a lot of hype now. I guess we'll find out when the numbers are reported.

Sons of Anarchy #25 1:50 Photo Variant is doing surprisingly well right now

Where are these doing well? (shrug)

Huh (shrug)

1 sold and 1 listed

It's funny when people post things to pump a book they are trying to sell.

Isn't what these threads are for? lol

Sons of Anarchy #25 1:50 Photo Variant is doing surprisingly well right now

Where are these doing well? (shrug)

Huh (shrug)

1 sold and 1 listed

It's funny when people post things to pump a book they are trying to sell.

Isn't what these threads are for? lol

Depends who the poster is....

I wonder if the print run doubled on this. Seems like a lot of listings on day one. Is there really that many Harley fans to sell this issue to? I picked one up, and I see at least five have sold at 12.99 free shipping, but now I'm wondering if Harley has enough of a following to care if she's in Scooby Doo.