• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

Anyone watching Straightjacket #1? It went from $3.99 to $75 this week. Print run of 870 copies and a really great horror story. Read about it here http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/10/16/wednesday-winner-straightjacket-1/ and glad I did. I sold a couple of copies that I was able to grab.

Do you work for that website ? Are you selling the comic on Ebay ?

I see no reason for the comic to sell that high.

Why the hate bro? It sounds like a righteous tip to me. (shrug)

What I think is sad is people are not buying the comic because it is a good comic, they are buying the comic because it has a low print run (supposedly, although there is no proof the number is 870 copies.) And, unfortunately, now that title won't have a chance to be appreciated for the story, just the print run and the value.

Um... This is moderns heating up... Not a StraightJacket #1 appreciation thread... Pretty sure this is a thread to follow modern comics that spike in value for various reasons regardless if it is good or drek... On another note... Maybe since this book just went nuclear... People will go to their LCS and request the next few issues thus helping the publisher and creators... I didn't even know this book existed until it started selling crazy high and after looking at their website to see what the fuss is about I discovered I really like the artwork a lot... So now I might pick up issue #2... Just a thought...

Wow this thread has been seriously derailed.

Come on guys, we were talking about Futurama #1;

Forgive me if any of the following information is already well-known or just a fluke.

Futurama #1 is $16.50 with over a day left.

Book has always sold well. Futurama up to around issue 12 sells well in high grade. The book to have is the SDCC version which can pull in quite a bit in high grade.

A Marvel Knights Spider-Man 20 sold for $29.99 plus shipping yesterday on ebay.

This one sure popped and faded fast.

Lucky me, I just pulled two real sharp copies of the MKSM20 variant covers out of the dollar bin... a few weeks too late. :tonofbricks:

Wow this thread has been seriously derailed.

Come on guys, we were talking about Futurama #1;

Forgive me if any of the following information is already well-known or just a fluke.

Futurama #1 is $16.50 with over a day left.

Book has always sold well. Futurama up to around issue 12 sells well in high grade. The book to have is the SDCC version which can pull in quite a bit in high grade.

Complete runs on Futurama also sell very well (as do mini-runs). I got what seemed like crazy money for a complete set a year or two ago. $300, $400, something like that? I was pretty surprised. I keep the lookout for them when I'm shopping nowadays.

A Marvel Knights Spider-Man 20 sold for $29.99 plus shipping yesterday on ebay.

This one sure popped and faded fast.

Lucky me, I just pulled two real sharp copies of the MKSM20 variant covers out of the dollar bin... a few weeks too late. :tonofbricks:

This may pick up again, we still don't know who's in the Iron Man suit.

:(

All my hope in thinking you bought it for me for Christmas just went out the window. lol

Wasn't me who bought it.

I didn't even know there was one up for sale. How much can one expect to pay for a blue or yellow label? hm

I didn't even know there was one up for sale. How much can one expect to pay for a blue or yellow label? hm

Not $3k

:(

All my hope in thinking you bought it for me for Christmas just went out the window. lol

Wasn't me who bought it.

lol

-J.

Anyone watching Straightjacket #1? It went from $3.99 to $75 this week. Print run of 870 copies and a really great horror story. Read about it here http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/10/16/wednesday-winner-straightjacket-1/ and glad I did. I sold a couple of copies that I was able to grab.

Sorry I was away for work. I think I made it pretty clear i sold a couple of copies as stated above, should have held out though I could have sold for higher prices. All my copies were gone by the time I posted. So I must work for a website because I quoted it? I can say that I go there a lot and get some good tips. I also come here and get good tips but do not work for CGC. I could say that for a ton of sites I go to and could have quoted, just happened to be the one I got the info from. Do not understand the harshness of the comments directed towards me for putting up something that may have been of interest to some on here.

Edited by Kaboom

Sorry I was away for work. I think I made it pretty clear i sold a couple of copies as stated above, should have held out though I could have sold for higher prices. All my copies were gone by the time I posted. So I must work for a website because I quoted it? I can say that I go there a lot and get some good tips. I also come here and get good tips but do not work for CGC. I could say that for a ton of sites I go to and could have quoted, just happened to be the one I got the info from. Do not understand the harshness of the comments directed towards me for putting up something that may have been of interest to some on here.

Do not understand the harshness of the comments

Snicker...

These boards harbor vindictive lunatics.

I just visited CHU. I like this:

"Remember, variants go up, variants go down, but as long as you are buying art you like you can never go wrong."

"It is always great to walk into your local comic shop and pick up comics each Wednesday, it is even better when some of the books you picked up can be sold for multiple times cover price by the end of the week."