• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,797 posts in this topic

Hate to break the topic here and go off topic but for non variants that are making noise, check this one out.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flash%20197&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

crazy right?

Interesting. Are there any variants for that book? hm

Because if there aren't any variants, that's the best way to ensure the regular edition heats up when a comic heats up. lol

No variants exist. Only one print/cover.

Print run slightly over 30K

The entire Johns' run is undervalued imo. This is a book that can be thrown in with #197, especially since #197 is already bringing the money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=flash+secret+files+3

Good LORD that Timm variant is hideous!

1492128_xl-191x300.jpg

I just cannot bring myself to pick that one up. Wow. :sick:

Yeah. What in the hell is going on with the left leg..???

Looks like the same thing that happened to Spider-Woman's legs on her #1 cover.

In today's market sure.

It won't last.

The market will adjust.

If there's a scarcer version of an item, that's the one to get.

My opinion.

The market will not adjust. Every retailer out there has to have their own variant of Spider-Gwen # 1, ASM # 1, Invincible Iron Man # 1, etc.

The market is flooded. There's no scarcity until retailers stop this practice.

It's sort of sad that the market seems to need perceived scarcity to give a krap about most things.

Isn't this just the comic publisher's reaping what they sow? I know long term, this won't end well for them.

Ok, variants are bad...so back to the topic, what's hot today.

Bombshells #3 Variant

Uncanny Avengers #1 Campbell 1:50 Variant

Why bombshells?

Because I took more phone calls about those 2 books today, and both were sold out locally within minutes of opening.

And if you look at current offerings on auctions:

Uncanny Avengers #1 Campbell Variant and the sold listings

Uncanny Avengers #1 Campbell Variant SOLD listings

And the Bombshells #3 Variant sold a few today:

Bombshells Variant

Hate to break the topic here and go off topic but for non variants that are making noise, check this one out.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flash%20197&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

crazy right?

Interesting. Are there any variants for that book? hm

Because if there aren't any variants, that's the best way to ensure the regular edition heats up when a comic heats up. lol

No variants exist. Only one print/cover.

Print run slightly over 30K

The entire Johns' run is undervalued imo. This is a book that can be thrown in with #197, especially since #197 is already bringing the money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=flash+secret+files+3

Love that run.

I bought a bunch of the Secret Files from that time frame a long time ago because they were interesting and cheap. People didn't really give a dizzy.

Patrick

Did anyone read the latest X-Men Legion comic? With the new TV show planned, I wasn't sure if these books might be worth a read.

I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men Legacy throughout the series and thought the ending was particularly inspired and unexpected; certainly one of the undervalued gems of Marvel Now!

Now there's a rumor that Marvel is getting the FF rights back from Fox.

RUMOR: Fox releasing rights to FF back to Marvel

This would open up a lot more possible future keys. Secret Invasion. Young Avengers. Marvel Zombies. Power Pack. I hope everyone's bank accounts are fully loaded.

Edited by Holiday Comics

This would open up a lot more possible future keys. Secret Invasion. Young Avengers. Marvel Zombies. Power Pack. I hope everyone's bank accounts are fully loaded.

Ha! I'll believe it when I hear something official.

That's not even one of the big "legit"-ish rumor sites too. If this came out of Cinemablend, Heroic Hollywood, EW, or one of those, I might buy it. But this looks like someone's Blogger.com account.

Bombshells #3 Variant

Why bombshells?

Because I took more phone calls about those 2 books today, and both were sold out locally within minutes of opening.

Bombshells Variant

What exactly is going on on the Bombshells variant? I have a feeling that might be why it's selling. Is it mostly pubescent males asking for it?

Like all the other massive print run Gwen variants other than EOSV2, these will settle down again. Everyone said the same thing about the Spider-Verse #1 Variant with Gwen, and that one has settled around $10-15. It's not the same as the other EOSV appearance, because the print run has quadrupled since then.

Like I said earlier, the Campbell Exclusive cover seems to be the winner here, with people paying ~$45.00.

Bombshells #3 Variant

Why bombshells?

Bombshells Variant

What exactly is going on on the Bombshells variant? I have a feeling that might be why it's selling. Is it mostly pubescent males asking for it?

The Bombshells Variants are just one of those on the top of the "phone call request list". IDK if the suggestive Batwoman on the cover of issue #3 is what is making it go, but I like it.

Oh dang. I was talking about the website. I see them for sale between $25-$75 on eBay. I think this book will eventually be like the land variant for eosv, and so I picked up a second copy.

Wow that jumped pretty quick!

What book are we talking here now?

ABF0C759-748C-4726-9954-E8E4EB0D5A68.png.jpeg

My LCS gave me the copy for $15.00 :headbang:

:wishluck:

This rumor pops up every few years. I'll believe it when it happens.