• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,796 posts in this topic

Anyone still finding Clandestino on the shelves? I'm looking for a copy, but the cheapest I'm finding is around $14 shipped. Did it really sell out that fast?

I'm in the same boat, LCS sold out and all online retailers sold out, may have to just bite the bullet on this one.

Didn't even see it on shelves, lucky I ordered 10 from dcb but won't see those for a month with their slow shipping.

Anyone still finding Clandestino on the shelves? I'm looking for a copy, but the cheapest I'm finding is around $14 shipped. Did it really sell out that fast?

I'm in the same boat, LCS sold out and all online retailers sold out, may have to just bite the bullet on this one.

Didn't even see it on shelves, lucky I ordered 10 from dcb but won't see those for a month with their slow shipping.

Pay for a faster shipping option :makepoint:

Pay for a faster shipping option :makepoint:

:lol: normally once a month is good enough, most of the stuff I order from them isn't time sensitive...clandestino was a last minute addition

Edited by krighton

If your going for one and looking at paying 15 you might want to consider this: http://shop.comicxposure.com/NYCC-CLANDESTINO-1-COMICXPOSURE-EXCLUSIVE-LIMIT-1-PER-CUSTOMER-CX1054.htm

Although cover A's might repeat the WCNGH pattern..

Yes, I'd rather buy the version that they only printed 250 copies of rather than the one that they produced 15,000+ of.

But the current market will decide that the 15,000 copy version is the most desirable.

Mind boggling.

(and it wont last:)

My shop only ordered 1 and had it on the shelf...SWOOPIES! Being the first through the door has its privileges. All mine at cover!

Hack/Slash is getting a tv series adaptation. # 1 has dried up on Ebay.

Hahaha, first a film adaptation, now a TV show.. this idea has been running around since 2006.. I highly doubt its going to happen..

Edited by Muaythai607

If your going for one and looking at paying 15 you might want to consider this: http://shop.comicxposure.com/NYCC-CLANDESTINO-1-COMICXPOSURE-EXCLUSIVE-LIMIT-1-PER-CUSTOMER-CX1054.htm

Yes, I'd rather buy the version that they only printed 250 copies of rather than the one that they produced 15,000+ of.

But the current market will decide that the 15,000 copy version is the most desirable.

Mind boggling.

It really doesn't make sense for this to be the case. It might in the instance of the NYCC Enormous #1 vs the Enormous 1A because the 1A came out 3 months earlier than the NYCC #1 but in the case of a book coming out the same day ? Not a chance that the higher print holds more value long term. Its becoming easier to predict what will happen with these comics as there is now a little recent history on similar books. Short prints simply hold up better whether it be Saga, East of West, Five Ghosts, Enormous, and the list goes on. Its doubtful that WCNGH will be the book that breaks the mold even if it starts off that way. 2c

Mind boggling.

It really doesn't make sense for this to be the case. It might in the instance of the NYCC Enormous #1 vs the Enormous 1A because the 1A came out 3 months earlier than the NYCC #1 but in the case of a book coming out the same day ? Not a chance that the higher print holds more value long term. Its becoming easier to predict what will happen with these comics as there is now a little recent history on similar books. Short prints simply hold up better whether it be Saga, East of West, Five Ghosts, Enormous, and the list goes on. Its doubtful that WCNGH will be the book that breaks the mold even if it starts off that way. 2c

I hope you are right. I bought a few copies of the smaller print run variants for a few of the black mask books: wcngh, disciples, young terrorists, and although the regular covers have almost a 99% larger print run, they still sell higher than the 1 of 250 covers. Especially wcngh.

Disciples is still very inexpensive though, but if that media deal does come around, that book might hit wcngh prices.

As far as story, I think young terrorists was the best so far, then disciples, then wcngh. Weird yellow book chasing market we are in.

I'll speak as a collector on the 1As versus store variants. When a comic has a low print and is scarce and in high demand the 1As feel more authentic than the store variants. Store variants to me become more desirable in a comic that has a higher print run especially when the cover art is more appealing than its 1A counterpart. The higher print run makes people want something that feels more scarce.

Even if the store variants are more rare in a low print run situation, the low print run is already making the book hard to come by and people would rather own the "newsstand" version and not a made for only one store version.

Stating the obvious I know just want to simplify what I think is going on...

Interesting to watch it all play out.

I think the reason the market is leaning toward the original run vs a smaller store run is due to the fact there are a ton of shop variants for every book... Not only does it confuse people, it saturates the market and people don't want to guess which shop variant is going to be the hot one out of the bunch... So they don't go after any...

I think the reason the market is leaning toward the original run vs a smaller store run is due to the fact there are a ton of shop variants for every book... Not only does it confuse people, it saturates the market and people don't want to guess which shop variant is going to be the hot one out of the bunch... So they don't go after any...

Didn't Image cut out the shop variants? (shrug)

guess which shop variant is going to be the hot one

I always buy the one I like best....

I'm not buying your "Not only does it confuse people, it saturates the market" logic...

Example: Black Mask keeps churning out WCNGH show variants

Nobody's confused. The market's not saturated.

You guys are lapping it up.

If the same books were printed for a shop....

You'd be confused & market saturated.

Anyway...

The market will correct itself.

Cream rises to the top.

In each case the best looking / most limited books are the ones that will win.