• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

If only there was some way to gather the information and consider the value of the sources and the value of the information before making my decisions and weigh them against my own concerns, preferences, and strategies before purchasing....

There's a good chance the guy who wrote the Tron article simply likes to write about comics and was looking for a category of books no one else had touched on. The guys over there probably aren't getting paid for writing articles. Yes there is a chance that some writer is loading up and trying to manipulate that market but is it really worth the effort to flip some Tron books that likely aren't going to set the world on fire? Yes I understand CBSI stands for speculating and investing but to those here who say it's a bunch of people pumping and dumping then you haven't really taken a look at the work. There are articles there posted regularly that have nothing to do with speculation. Until you can PROVE that a guy is trying to generate interest to unload his stockpile then I don't see the point in bringing up that argument. I see it here all the time and without proof it just seems like another way to try and denigrate a competitive arena for discussing comics.

Edited by MrWeen

Because of the X-23 movie "rumor" and X-Men: Apocalypse post-credit scene, Wolverine #80 is gaining traction:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wolverine%2080&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

thats a garbage book, nyx 3 is the book to own.

Its the X-men 201 argument. It will hold a value. It will be around a $20 book for awhile maybe even bump a little higher as NYX 3 keeps climbing.

I am not sure this is a Retcon. To date I have not heard a definitive answer concerning this comic and if Marvel has ever explained. I have a vague memory of Wizard discussing the book but beyond that who knows. People like to discount the importance of this comic and yes no one should ever try and sell it as the first appearance of X-23 but it sure seems like a key book to me. (shrug)

As far as Earp, it's on the wrong channel. Put it on AMC and see what happens.

Edited by MrWeen

Because of the X-23 movie "rumor" and X-Men: Apocalypse post-credit scene, Wolverine #80 is gaining traction:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wolverine%2080&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Its the X-men 201 argument. It will hold a value. It will be around a $20 book for awhile maybe even bump a little higher as NYX 3 keeps climbing.

I am not sure this is a Retcon. To date I have not heard a definitive answer concerning this comic and if Marvel has ever explained. I have a vague memory of Wizard discussing the book but beyond that who knows. People like to discount the importance of this comic and yes no one should ever try and sell it as the first appearance of X-23 but it sure seems like a key book to me. (shrug)

...except if a person actually read Wolverine 80 and is familiar with Laura's actual origin (of her creation) , they would know that the "X-23" on that test tube is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with her. (shrug)

-J.

...except if a person actually read Wolverine 80 and is familiar with Laura's actual origin (of her creation) , they would know that the "X-23" on that test tube is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with her. (shrug)

-J.

But if I read my comics I won't be able to put "In Mylar NEVER TOUCHED BY HUMAN HANDS" in my eBay listing.

Any idea why the Wynonna Earp tv show has done nothing for the comic in regards to $$$

For Wynonna Earp, I liked the original comic and art by Joyce Chin, but I think speculators are thinking it will be like The old show "Witchblade" featuring Yancy Butler, a non commercial success. Look at "Wanted" - it did relatively well in the box office, yet the comics are dollar bid fodder. Where, Scott Pilgrim bombed in the theater, but the books are still popular.

I think it is well done, but it will do better if it gets a second season. Not sure what the first appearance runs. $99 in CGC 9.8?

If only there was some way to gather the information and consider the value of the sources and the value of the information before making my decisions and weigh them against my own concerns, preferences, and strategies before purchasing....

There's a good chance the guy who wrote the Tron article simply likes to write about comics and was looking for a category of books no one else had touched on. The guys over there probably aren't getting paid for writing articles. Yes there is a chance that some writer is loading up and trying to manipulate that market but is it really worth the effort to flip some Tron books that likely aren't going to set the world on fire? Yes I understand CBSI stands for speculating and investing but to those here who say it's a bunch of people pumping and dumping then you haven't really taken a look at the work. There are articles there posted regularly that have nothing to do with speculation. Until you can PROVE that a guy is trying to generate interest to unload his stockpile then I don't see the point in bringing up that argument. I see it here all the time and without proof it just seems like another way to try and denigrate a competitive arena for discussing comics.

The writer of that article admitted in the past to contacting ebay sellers after completed sales and offering more money for books that had already been sold, telling the seller to cancel the original sale to cut out the original buyer. CBSI isn't all bad but it has its share of trash just like this place.

-J.

Yeah but no, cause if you JUST read the comics you'd have missed the interview with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost where they talked about coming up with x-23. They where apparently sitting around talking when: 'hey whatever happened to that test tube marked x-23.." The idea that this is a coincidence is pretty hard to fathom, I think...I mean that nothing else happened with that test tube, and that it has the exact same name... wish I could find that article again....

-J.

Yeah but no, cause if you JUST read the comics you'd have missed the interview with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost where they talked about coming up with x-23. They where apparently sitting around talking when: 'hey whatever happened to that test tube marked x-23.." The idea that this is a coincidence is pretty hard to fathom, I think...I mean that nothing else happened with that test tube, and that it has the exact same name... wish I could find that article again....

Yes. Comic book readers read COMICS, not interviews containing unofficial and pitiful attempts at ret-cons by creators that are not recognized by Marvel in any literature , anywhere. lol

-J.

-J.

Yes. Comic book readers read COMICS, not interviews containing unofficial and pitiful attempts at ret-cons by creators that are not recognized by Marvel in any literature , anywhere. lol

-J.

You're saying comic book readers don't read interviews..... In this thread of all places. lol

Preacher is scorching right now, especially the key issues - 1, 2, 13, Alamo arc and final issue 66. Issue 13 first Herr Starr is closing on the $100.00 mark on average and the last issue has been closing between 25.00 and 50.00 consistently on the Bay.

-J.

I should have included that as well. When or if we see her origin will either dispel it or add to it. At the time when I read it I thought it was a plant for a later story.

-J.

I should have included that as well. When or if we see her origin will either dispel it or add to it. At the time when I read it I thought it was a plant for a later story.

Yeah, right.

Except .....

It completely ignores facts established in her origin book:

a) Her name has NOTHING to do with a sample name. It specifically refers to the fact she’s the 23rd attempt to create a female clone (“X” refers to X-CHROMOSOME, NOT the Weapon X project).

b) The sample she was created from was recovered by Dale Rice during Logan’s escape from Weapon X. Sutter recovered it from his corpse immediately after. There’s no evidence that Dr. Munoz was ever involved with the Facility, or that it ever passed through her hands.

"X-23" on the that test tube is a coincidence and has nothing to do with Laura Kinney.

-J.

Preacher is scorching right now, especially the key issues - 1, 2, 13, Alamo arc and final issue 66. Issue 13 first Herr Starr is closing on the $100.00 mark on average and the last issue has been closing between 25.00 and 50.00 consistently on the Bay.

yeah, that's about right, the only issues I couldn't find.

It was funny - around this time last year there was progress being made on the show but sellers were happy to be blowing out #2-66. I snagged a few runs of those issues for cheap (less than $1 per book) and wish I had not passed on plenty of others. :cry:

The writer of that article admitted in the past to contacting ebay sellers after completed sales and offering more money for books that had already been sold, telling the seller to cancel the original sale to cut out the original buyer. CBSI isn't all bad but it has its share of trash just like this place.

Nobody here complained when CBSI ran a Dell'Otto spec article & checklist which helped all of the variant prices go up :whistle:

-J.

Yeah, right.

Except .....

a) Her name has NOTHING to do with a sample name. It specifically refers to the fact she’s the 23rd attempt to create a female clone (“X” refers to X-CHROMOSOME, NOT the Weapon X project).

b) The sample she was created from was recovered by Dale Rice during Logan’s escape from Weapon X. Sutter recovered it from his corpse immediately after. There’s no evidence that Dr. Munoz was ever involved with the Facility, or that it ever passed through her hands.

"X-23" on the that test tube is a coincidence and has nothing to do with Laura Kinney.

-J.

The rumors about this book don't seem to go away, some say no and some say yes. It definitely appears to be too big of a coincidence. At the very least the whole question demands further research.

-J.

Yeah, right.

Except .....

-J.

I read that book when came out I read was reading Wolverine issue to issue back then monthly. Those are my thoughts at the time I read the book.

Anyone who read the book at the time would think it was plot for a later time.

I am not sure where you sarcasm is coming from, but anyone reading the book at the time would think the same thing.

Sure it changed later and probably will change again if she appears in the movie, but at the time I am sure they had a plot planned for that tube otherwise why show it.

I think you seem to believe any origins will never change? Again I am not arguing for the book. I am just telling you what readers like me thought when they saw the tube at the time.

Have you even read the book?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Wow - 66 does seem to have taken a jump. I think I stockpiled 8 copies that are in one of these boxes. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow - 66 does seem to have taken a jump. I think I stockpiled 8 copies that are in one of these boxes. Thanks for the heads up.

You will do well list them now one at a time. I think I sold mine for $30 a few weeks back and it didn't last for a day.

-J.

Yeah, right.

Except .....

-J.

I read that book when came out I read was reading Wolverine issue to issue back then monthly. Those are my thoughts at the time I read the book.

Anyone who read the book at the time would think it was plot for a later time.

I am not sure where you sarcasm is coming from, but anyone reading the book at the time would think the same thing.

Sure it changed later and probably will change again if she appears in the movie, but at the time I am sure they had a plot planned for that tube otherwise why show it.

I think you seem to believe any origins will never change? Again I am not arguing for the book. I am just telling you what readers like me thought when they saw the tube at the time.

Have you even read the book?

I wasn't intending to be sarcastic. But the logic behind trying to make wolverine 80 a "key" in the x-23 mythos is thin at best, for the reasons already laid out that actually happened in the story line.

For someone to come along years after the fact and try to tie that into Wolverine 80 is a ridulous ret-con that is obviously intended to push dollar bin cr@p onto the masses.

-J.