• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

FYI

Just went through the 45 current listed auctions as of 10:05 est . for the JLA #51 misprint/error Luthor copies. B&A copies available 71 Direct Sales 11

Guess my "less than 220' everyone was crapping on is still holding up....

Well... You HAD 58 , I know of a store owner in Florida that HAD 50 total (for his 3 locations).Which ,btw, debunks the theory they were only shipped from one Diamond warehouse. You add the current and completed auctions with what is floating around , I would say "less than 220" won't hold. BUT it does appear these will be extremely scarce . I HOPE you are right Larry as I have 10 copies ! Maybe DC will release a statement on the matter in the future

debunks the theory they were only shipped from one Diamond warehouse

not a theory.

It's what I was told. I didn't theorize anything

might not be the case, but I actually trust & rely on my sources.

pics from Florida please.

Proof?

I know of a store that had copies on the shelf, smaller store but here in the Orlando area. Direct market too.

Sorry no pics, but my word is gold weather you want to believe it or not.

And the other store, being a chain is likely Coliseum of Comics which I also know they got copies of this from the local communities and such.

Edited by UltraMaximus

I know of a store that had copies on the shelf, smaller store but here in the Orlando area. Direct market too.

And the other store, being a chain is likely Coliseum of Comics which I also know they got copies of this from the local communities and such.

guess you guys are right then.

big print run on DM

hardly worth your valuable time.

Don't worry they want at lest $100-150 I bet for that book. Most expensive back issue store I have ever seen.

Not saying the direct isn't a low printed error, it likely is lower than the retail

/newsstand whatever it is called, and it isn't worth what some people want it to be worth. Or maybe it is, we hope some non shilled auctions determine fair market on this, not some suspect bin's or 2nd accounts bidding to set market.

Everyone tread lightly, and collect what you like and feel comfortable spending.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Don't worry they want at lest $100-150 I bet for that book. Most expensive back issue store I have ever seen.

They have discount cards, and programs for subs to make it cheaper on some of their stuff. The owner hates speculators, but new books always match eBay presales, or higher on re

ease date.

Still, I pull gold from their bins for cheap on the regular.

Well, I bought 10 , have no idea how many copies he sold within the last so many days, so proof of the 50 he had ? not possible anymore. I have read enough on these boards the last so many years to know that you understand the market having been a shop owner for "decades". You offer up insight and opinions all the time, so what I can not understand is why when someone else offers up a differing opinion you instantly become so defensive and most times very Offensive! Where is your transcript from this conversation ? where is your picture of 50+ copies ? where is your.... ? We are on the same side of this spec and still you are being overly combative ...

Edited by viperdays

well, I bought 22 Rebirth comics off the shelf yesterday and sold most of them in the 24 hours since. So yes indeed I did go get some more today and will see if I can move a whole 11 issue set all at once! I also am going to put up a few 4 comic lots of WW Artgerm variant, Flash, Titans and Batman and see what happens.

Not saying the direct isn't a low printed error, it likely is lower than the retail

/newsstand whatever it is called, and it isn't worth what some people want it to be worth. Or maybe it is, we hope some non shilled auctions determine fair market on this, not some suspect bin's or 2nd accounts bidding to set market.

Everyone tread lightly, and collect what you like and feel comfortable spending.

Sold all 5 of mine within a day, 4 were BIN (1 solo, 3 in a lot), other was a straight auction. 3 different winners and all paid immediately. So no shills there at least.

You'd hope that DC or Diamond would make a statement and say what happened, who was responsible / fired / arrested and how many copies "escaped" but that's asking too much isn't it?

They have discount cards, and programs for subs to make it cheaper on some of their stuff. The owner hates speculators, but new books always match eBay presales, or higher on re

ease date.

I pulled quite a bit of Gold from their bins cheap last week, but that's not the problem I have with them. I have np with a shop charging going rate in back issue bins or wall books that's fine with me. I either pay it or I don't.I was impressed how up to date they actually were.(BTW they use Graham Crackers website to price saw it myself.)

What bothered me was their wall books are 25-40% over Ebay going price.

I think they reason why they have so many nice wall books is nobody buys them. Just my thoughts after visiting 2 of the shops. Now if they were all NM+ on the wall and they wanted to charge that okay I am fine with asking a premium. I am quite sure all those books were not NM+.

Edited by Fastballspecial

ease date.

I pulled quite a bit of Gold from their bins cheap last week, but that's not the problem I have with them. I have np with a shop charging going rate in back issue bins or wall books that's fine with me. I either pay it or I don't.I was impressed how up to date they actually were.(BTW they use Graham Crackers website to price saw it myself.)

What bothered me was their wall books are 25-40% over Ebay going price.

I think they reason why they have so many nice wall books is nobody buys them. Just my thoughts after visiting 2 of the shops. Now if they were all NM+ on the way and they wanted to charge that okay I am fine with asking a premium. I am quite sure all those books were not NM+.

I agree overall it's a great shop but wall books are a bit marked up my guess is to offset all the rewards programs as most people will use rewards to grab more expensive stuff (if you sub with them you can rack up alot really fast)

or wait for the buy 1 get 1 50% off days

Well, I bought 10 , have no idea how many copies he sold within the last so many days, so proof of the 50 he had ? not possible anymore. I have read enough on these boards the last so many years to know that you understand the market having been a shop owner for "decades". You offer up insight and opinions all the time, so what I can not understand is why when someone else offers up a differing opinion you instantly become so defensive and most times very Offensive! Where is your transcript from this conversation ? where is your picture of 50+ copies ? where is your.... ? We are on the same side of this spec and still you are being overly combative ...

why is "decades" in quotes?

I opened in 1991.

Public record.

why is "decades" in quotes?

I opened in 1991.

Public record.

I didn't want to assume your age and tenure in the business . It shows (thumbs u