• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

rumor:

Scalped, Sixth Gun, Peter Panzerfaust, Collider, Clone, Sheltered, iZombie, Preacher, Sandman, Dreadstar, Bunker, Last of Us, Zero, Superior, Day Men, Todd the Ugly, Mind MGMT

made the big time:

The Strain

1 out of 18 ain't bad

Let's add another list of books-to-movies which didn't have any positive impact on the price (e.g. 2 Guns).

rumor:

Scalped, Sixth Gun, Peter Panzerfaust, Collider, Clone, Sheltered, iZombie, Preacher, Sandman, Dreadstar, Bunker, Last of Us, Zero, Superior, Day Men, Todd the Ugly, Mind MGMT

made the big time:

The Strain

1 out of 18 ain't bad

Let's add another list of books-to-movies which didn't have any positive impact on the price (e.g. 2 Guns).

I did okay with 2 Guns but it was a very short ride. I liked the book and loved the movie.

lol another week another tv/movie option. yawwwwnnnn

If you have read scalped you would know this one would make an amazing show. Read the first TPB and you will be hooked.

+1 fantastic series. Also, why yawn? The tv/film industries constantly dipping into comic material is nothing but good for the long term sustainability of comics IMO. I love seeing anything get optioned.

I tried the Scalped TPB and had trouble getting past the first few pages. I will have to try again. I yawn because every week we have a new TV show announce and I have yet to see one come to fruition.

The only 2 that I can think of are WD and Arrow. Am I missing anything else?

to quote wikipedia "when a screenplay is optioned, the producer has not actually purchased the right to use the screenplay; he has simply purchased the "exclusive right" to purchase the screenplay at some point in the future, if he is successful in setting up a deal to actually film a movie based on the screenplay."

I am all for great comic books get their time to shine on the big screen but it is a long road.

For me, it was literally one of the all-time best comic series.

The 1st arc did feel very stereotypical and non-eventful. But it ends up being very important for the rest of the series. It gets infinitely better.

I told Aaron that his series needed to be on TV as he was wrapping up Scalped. He mentioned that he thought it would never ever happen. Seemed semi down and resolute. Hopefully his spirits have changed.

Patrick

Batman Beyond #1 has been doing well lately, but after reading Future's End #0, I think there might be even more interest in the character.

hm

didn't you predict this sometime ago?

Batman Beyond #1 has been doing well lately, but after reading Future's End #0, I think there might be even more interest in the character.

hm

hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7522963#Post7522963

hm

hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7522963#Post7522963

Without spoiling anything about the story, the story for the FCBD Future's End #0 is pretty good, so I think BB will explode soon. #1 of the 1999 series is a solid $20 book at the moment, but its going to climb much higher if this series does well.

rumor:

made the big time:

The Strain

1 out of 18 ain't bad

Wasn't The Activity mentioned for a hot minute?

You must have blinked. It's over. :baiting:

DMZ, Think Tank, Hoax Hunters

DMZ has a shot over most of these, don't forget The Test though!

If you have read scalped you would know this one would make an amazing show. Read the first TPB and you will be hooked.

Pretty much any good comic that doesn't have TONES of special effects/wouldn't be too expensive to make is game to get picked up, in my opinion.

You gotta think what would make an awesome show/movie vs what doesn't cost a gagillion dollars and could/would REALISTICALLY be made.

From what I understand, scalped would be just a normal show, budget wise (I've never read an issue though).

do you guys think scalped being optioned by "WGN America" makes it more or less likely to succeed?

I feel like the bigger guys are more likely to drop something once started, but they also are more likely to spend the money necessary to make something successful. It kind of cuts both ways.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any AMC original series "hits" before Walking Dead came along, so maybe lightning strikes?

Really? Mad Men, Breaking Bad.

Never watched either. That's why I said "off the top of my head"

Try getting your head out of your ?

Pretty much any good comic that doesn't have TONES of special effects/wouldn't be too expensive to make is game to get picked up, in my opinion.

You gotta think what would make an awesome show/movie vs what doesn't cost a gagillion dollars and could/would REALISTICALLY be made.

From what I understand, scalped would be just a normal show, budget wise (I've never read an issue though).

I haven't read scalped, but if its too offensive to native Americans, it probably will have a tough time getting done.

do you guys think scalped being optioned by "WGN America" makes it more or less likely to succeed?

I feel like the bigger guys are more likely to drop something once started, but they also are more likely to spend the money necessary to make something successful. It kind of cuts both ways.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any AMC original series "hits" before Walking Dead came along, so maybe lightning strikes?

never watched breaking bad :o

Wow.

:popcorn:

-slym

Wow.

:popcorn:

-slym

Right!?

That was super bi-polar.

never watched breaking bad :o

Probably best show I've seen, just incredible.