• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Really going to be interesting to see which Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel books turn out to be the gems. Avenging Spiderman 9 should be an interesting one to follow

Anybody buying Ms. Marvel comics better hope that Carol Danvers starts off as Ms. Marvel before transitioning to Captain Marvel by the end of the movie. Listening to Kevin Feige yesterday that doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Just buy MSH #13, Captain Marvel #1 (2012) & Avenging Spider-Man #9

Edited by juggernaut

Really going to be interesting to see which Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel books turn out to be the gems. Avenging Spiderman 9 should be an interesting one to follow

Anybody buying Ms. Marvel comics better hope that Carol Danvers starts off as Ms. Marvel before transitioning to Captain Marvel by the end of the movie. Listening to Kevin Feige yesterday that doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Just buy MSH #13, Captain Marvel #1 (2012) & Avenging Spider-Man #8.

Why is Ms Marvel 1 not on this list?

Thinking Ms. Marvel #1 isn't going to be a great book to have is foolish.

Her first appearance as a costumed super hero is important, even if her name was "Ms" instead of "Captain".

Agreed. I was just curious why everyone here was skipping it etc

Her first appearance as a costumed super hero is important, even if her name was "Ms" instead of "Captain".

IMO I would wait on buying any Ms. Marvel comics until I knew for sure that Carol Danvers is going to be Ms. Marvel first before becoming Captain Marvel. Kamala Khan has a better chance being Ms. Marvel in the MCU than Carol Danvers right now.

Edited by juggernaut

IMO I would wait on buying any Ms. Marvel comics until I knew for sure that Carol Danvers is going to be Ms. Marvel first before becoming Captain Marvel. Kamala Khan has a better chance being Ms. Marvel in the MCU than Carol Danvers right now.

I think all of the key comics are going to remain keys regardless of how the movie plays out. Keep in mind too that Feige said that the Captain Marvel movie is going to be Carol Danvers. There's lots of movies between now and then to introduce her. My guess is that she'll be introduced, without powers, and will appear in Avengers 2 and Civil War. Mar-Vell will be introduced in GOTG 2 and killed off in Infinity War part 1 and Danvers will take on the name then (since her movie is the one following that).

I think all of the key comics are going to remain keys regardless of how the movie plays out. Keep in mind too that Feige said that the Captain Marvel movie is going to be Carol Danvers. There's lots of movies between now and then to introduce her. My guess is that she'll be introduced, without powers, and will appear in Avengers 2 and Civil War. Mar-Vell will be introduced in GOTG 2 and killed off in Infinity War part 1 and Danvers will take on the name then (since her movie is the one following that).

And Mar-Vell will end up being Starlords father.

And Mar-Vell will end up being Starlords father.

Carol Danvers is going to be Starlord's babies daddy... That's how she gets her powers...

My speculating on Ms Marvel started 3-4 years ago on rumors they would use her in the movies and because I have always loved the character.

At that time I was considering trying to do an all 9.8 run of the original Ms Marvel series, and even had Ms. Marvel 9.9 as a CGC alert on ebay in case any ever appeared. (still have it in there to this day and havent bothered to delete it).

Back then, I was focused more on getting MSH 13 for cheap as the true key, and not too worried about Ms Marvel #1 because I already had several HG copies and its so common.

But, once the buffoonery started with speculating it, Nova 1 and a few others, the highest grades got to nosebleed heights real quick. I always tried to debate with people that while yes its important, MSH 13 is the book everybody should be fighting over.

I have to say, it's pretty awesome to see it finally getting its due in this thread and others. Ms Marvel in 9.8 is awesome, but for the rest of the 9.X grades, we all have multiples of it, not sure who is going to be looking to buy non-9.8 copies.

MSH13 in any grade is THE Carol Danvers book, regardless of if she is Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary or any of her other identities.

Edited by CBT