• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

So I was at my LCS today and talking about how Mad Max was selling high on Ebay. He asked me if I wanted him to order me some more copies. He said he could get me as many as I wanted.

Am I missing something here? Why are people paying so much when I can get them at cover price through a dealer?

maybe he's just assuming he can order them...make sure he orders the right one and don't believe it until you have them in hand.

He went and checked. He said he punched in 100 on his order and said it would go through if he wanted it.

At this point what could be the wrong one? One of the variants?

So I was at my LCS today and talking about how Mad Max was selling high on Ebay. He asked me if I wanted him to order me some more copies. He said he could get me as many as I wanted.

Am I missing something here? Why are people paying so much when I can get them at cover price through a dealer?

maybe he's just assuming he can order them...make sure he orders the right one and don't believe it until you have them in hand.

He went and checked. He said he punched in 100 on his order and said it would go through if he wanted it.

At this point what could be the wrong one? One of the variants?

Is it Fury Road Immortal Joe & whatever the other name. There is another Mad Max coming out soon.

Thanks guys. I will double check with him tomorrow. I'm assuming the second print won't be selling like the first? Does that sound right?

Edited by wombat

Spider Gwen isn't on the new Marvel Poster over at Comicsheatingup...neither is Silk.

Last night I saw licensed Silk and Spider-Gwen magnets at a store. The first merch I saw anywhere for either of them in a non-comic book shop

I love this cover but Really?

@@ HTF@@ POWER GIRL (2009) #2 Adam Hughes variant cover NM

eBay item number: 391153866291

Ended: May 31, 2015 , 5:28PM

Winning bid:US $32.00

[ 13 bids ]

Shipping: $3.50 Economy Shipping

Edited by faster friends

I know my lcs just put in an order for the second print of Mad max. I believe it a reddish cover. You might want to ask him about that.

sometimes it ends up being 'hotter'...and sometimes people don't care and they just sit.

I love this cover but Really?

@@ HTF@@ POWER GIRL (2009) #2 Adam Hughes variant cover NM

eBay item number: 391153866291

Ended: May 31, 2015 , 5:28PM

Winning bid:US $32.00

[ 13 bids ]

Shipping: $3.50 Economy Shipping

My iPad just tried to call that number lol

Venom Variant Lot

I recently saw a few sales of these and went and pulled out my stash. These seem to be climbing in price.

I am surprised at that selling price seeing that the lot is missing the Mary Jane, the Iron Man, the Uncanny X-Force & the Scarlet Spider Venom covers. That lot consists of the easier to find covers compared to ones I just listed.

Thanks guys. I will double check with him tomorrow. I'm assuming the second print won't be selling like the first? Does that sound right?

Just got off the phone with LCS. He confirmed first printing of issue #1. He said printing #2 was not available yet for him to order.

It certainly seems odd. I'll feel better when I see them.

That stinks. I've never had anything arrive damaged from them. Maybe I've just gotten lucky.

My shipments have also been undamaged from BAM. Not because of how they pack though. You'd think I would have received damaged comics, but so far, I've definitely been lucky.

Standard BAM packaging is a comic in a comic bag thrown into the bottom of a box with paper on top of it. Not much in the way of protection. Similar to the packing provided by Hastings.

Edited by rjrjr