• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Looks like they're stapled/cut on the right side instead of the left.

Correct. Sorry, my photo posting skills are not so great, it would seem. I called a few other local shops (Milwaukee area) and no one else got any, although a few stores don't get their books until tomorrow.

Long time lurker but I figured this was worth a post.

Correct. Sorry, my photo posting skills are not so great, it would seem. I called a few other local shops (Milwaukee area) and no one else got any, although a few stores don't get their books until tomorrow.

lol, it's not a misprint, they put the Regular 1st Print #2 cover on the back, and made the 2nd Print Cover what we call "Virgin" or Textless. I Flipped through one today and it was fine, covers same way as yours.

And I don't see how this is heating up on ebay.

Edited by UltraMaximus

lol, it's not a misprint, they put the Regular 1st Print #2 cover on the back, and made the 2nd Print Cover what we call "Virgin" or Textless. I Flipped through one today and it was fine, covers same way as yours.

Fair enough, of course it was never solicited as such and is a bit odd to have the regular cover on the back. I've never received a book with a virgin cover that was not listed that way, plus I've never seen Marvel do anything of the sort for a 2nd print. But anything is possible.

And no, but it's a bit more relevant than most off topics. The best part about heating up on Ebay is knowing what to possibly look for before it does.

Hmmm, seeing a few more of these pop up. You may yet win this round! I wonder if we'll see this for all the following 2nd prints for Secret Wars.

Fair enough, of course it was never solicited as such and is a bit odd to have the regular cover on the back. I've never received a book with a virgin cover that was not listed that way, plus I've never seen Marvel do anything of the sort for a 2nd print. But anything is possible.

And no, but it's a bit more relevant than most off topics. The best part about heating up on Ebay is knowing what to possibly look for before it does.

Without having seen it, I wonder if this is what they did with the Uncanny X-Men reprint covers for 281/282.

Looking at completed eBay listing -- it's slow out there.

Really. Nothing's selling big.

Lots of Star Wars, Spider books, walking dead, Harley Quinn. But just usual sales. Not one hot hot hot book right now.

Maybe the market is realizing that 99% of these TV and Movie deals never pan out and the ones that do don't affect comic prices as much as they used to.

Look at prices of two relatively good TV shows like The Strain and I Zombie and the recent prices of those books. If you bought in early during the hype you are left holding the bag.

Same way for Big Hero Six, selling for much lower than pre movie hype and even then it wasn't selling all that high. For such a good movie based on Comic that is kinda shocking.

Maybe the market is realizing that 99% of these TV and Movie deals never pan out and the ones that do don't affect comic prices as much as they used to.

Look at prices of two relatively good TV shows like The Strain and I Zombie and the recent prices of those books. If you bought in early during the hype you are left holding the bag.

Same way for Big Hero Six, selling for much lower than pre movie hype and even then it wasn't selling all that high. For such a good movie based on Comic that is kinda shocking.

If that was the case they'd never get hot in the first place....Southern Bastards heat lasted a couple days....now you have to either get in and out fast or just ride it out and hope the show is actually televised.

IZombie was a pretty short run for a comic....if it had new issues I think there'd be more interest. Then again the show isn't exactly a barn burner.

Edited by krighton

Looking at completed eBay listing -- it's slow out there.

Really. Nothing's selling big.

Lots of Star Wars, Spider books, walking dead, Harley Quinn. But just usual sales. Not one hot hot hot book right now.

No point looking at Ebay at all. Today is the 1st day in 12 years I haven't had a sale on Ebay