• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

3 day auctions were always my preference, so the new $1 fee really chaps my .

Ok, I know you all haven't been talking about it for a while, but I finally made it to a Five Below. I had no idea we even had these stores around here, but apparently they opened one in my parents' neighborhood a couple of months ago. I stopped in last night and picked up 10 of the 4packs. Ended up with TWO copies of the Ramos ASM4, several other variants in the $5-$20 range (Captain Marvel 1 Cassaday x2, etc.) and a big stack of drek. It was fun though, I may go back and clean them out.

Also, FWIW, there was no pattern to the packages. My ASM4's came in two totally different packs (I think Original Sin 0 on the front of one, and Hulk 1 Donkey Kong variant on the other).

They're really nuts, there were a few second prints out there, but I actually ended up with more 1:50 variants than anything (as well as a few 1:30 1:20, etc.). These are a steal at $4. I'm assuming that these were incentive variants that Marvel had printed more of than were sold/claimed by shops, so they sold them directly to this distributor. Some crazy good deals, and 99% of the copies I got are solid NM+, gorgeous books.

3 day auctions were always my preference, so the new $1 fee really chaps my .

Ok, I know you all haven't been talking about it for a while, but I finally made it to a Five Below. I had no idea we even had these stores around here, but apparently they opened one in my parents' neighborhood a couple of months ago. I stopped in last night and picked up 10 of the 4packs. Ended up with TWO copies of the Ramos ASM4, several other variants in the $5-$20 range (Captain Marvel 1 Cassaday x2, etc.) and a big stack of drek. It was fun though, I may go back and clean them out.

Also, FWIW, there was no pattern to the packages. My ASM4's came in two totally different packs (I think Original Sin 0 on the front of one, and Hulk 1 Donkey Kong variant on the other).

You really lucked out! I hit one up just as they put out a fresh case of the packs, was all set to do backflips and there was nothing worth picking up

They're really nuts, there were a few second prints out there, but I actually ended up with more 1:50 variants than anything (as well as a few 1:30 1:20, etc.). These are a steal at $4. I'm assuming that these were incentive variants that Marvel had printed more of than were sold/claimed by shops, so they sold them directly to this distributor. Some crazy good deals, and 99% of the copies I got are solid NM+, gorgeous books.

2qdDUkc.gif

Anyone have any thoughts on SW #4? I haven't read it, but heard about some events that took place...

The Star Wars books are a fun read, but I don't remember seeing anything particularly grabbing about any of the issues.

Anyone have any thoughts on SW #4? I haven't read it, but heard about some events that took place...

The Star Wars books are a fun read, but I don't remember seeing anything particularly grabbing about any of the issues.

STAR Wars, it could be a SECRET... (shrug)