• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Looking at completed eBay listing -- it's slow out there.

Really. Nothing's selling big.

Lots of Star Wars, Spider books, walking dead, Harley Quinn. But just usual sales. Not one hot hot hot book right now.

No point looking at Ebay at all. Today is the 1st day in 12 years I haven't had a sale on Ebay

I had 8 things end with no sales...the offers I did have were super lowball and wouldn't even negotiate....maybe it's the holiday weekend keeping people from spending money....or they're all saving for SDCC

I feel that this is a traditionally slow time of year for comics on the bay. it may behoove the rest of us to look for deals on auctions during the next week or two....

Maybe the market is realizing that 99% of these TV and Movie deals never pan out and the ones that do don't affect comic prices as much as they used to.

Look at prices of two relatively good TV shows like The Strain and I Zombie and the recent prices of those books. If you bought in early during the hype you are left holding the bag.

Same way for Big Hero Six, selling for much lower than pre movie hype and even then it wasn't selling all that high. For such a good movie based on Comic that is kinda shocking.

Moderns tend to rise and fall based on the shows being on, staying on and being good. The Strain and Izombie will see increases again. BH6 will also see the same thing happen when the sequel comes out. I suspect the variants for issue 1 of the Strain and Izombie will also continue to do well because they are much harder to find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Izombie-1-First-Print-Incentive-Cover-VF-Hot-Tv-Show-/271915538698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4f6dd90a

Optioning a property often sparks an immediate interest with prices often diminishing ever moment thereafter until the show or film actually gets made.

Anytime I read this thread and see people suggest that the market is in decline all I think is....buyer's market.

RASL is being scooped up........

Why? A movie?

Man, I hope so. Great book that didn't last long enough.

Patrick

TV show

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/07/01/jeff-smiths-rasl-optioned-for-tv/

Loved RASL, but it would be better as a movie than TV show (as it was written). But I agree with Patrick, the book didn't last long enough, so maybe Smith has more to add to the story?

This is a series I've been scooping up for a while; 9.8 candidates seem hard to come by.

Yeah, those are low results on the iZombie variant; that's sure to rise since the show got renewed. I just hope they bring in the Vampires next season :devil:

I feel that this is a traditionally slow time of year for comics on the bay. it may behoove the rest of us to look for deals on auctions during the next week or two....

This, plus holiday weekend, and SDCC.

This is the part I dislike the most about ebay...

a business does well on consistency, you have a burger shop... people come for your burgers, you have to switch to Chicken because your supplier has had a corporate meeting where someone who wants to make a a name for themselves has managed to switch everything to emphasize Chicken...

So you grumble, but make the switch to Chicken, changing all your signs and such... getting Chicken customers, but wait three months down the line they switch back to Burgers.

This is what happened to me with Ebay... They started with these wonderful auction/bins you could set yourself 9.99 auction bin 10.99.... then they decided the liked 30 percent between the auction and the Bin... ( Gee not like we should have the power to determine for ourselves what sells well ). Next they started emphasizing BINS, all the free listings where BINS... So I switched out of Auctions to BINS, people said ebay wanted to get away from Auctions...Then they decided you could only get free Auction listings for collectables... And finally this excessive costs for Auctions....

HOW about some consistency ebay.... so I can run a business, where the main problem isn't trying to deal with ebay inconsistencies...

I know wrong place for this diatribe... but what ever, not like other people don't derail the convo for less rational reasons

eBay is doing great. It just shifted from BINs to auction since people dont wanna spend money and are looking for a bargain. If youll list auctions youll do well this time of year.. BINs will sit frozen for awhile

Yeah right. Auctions on non-key books is just giving them away at 60 percent or less of value.

Edited by natevegas

eBay is doing great. It just shifted from BINs to auction since people dont wanna spend money and are looking for a bargain. If youll list auctions youll do well this time of year.. BINs will sit frozen for awhile

Yeah right. Auctions on non-key books is just giving them away at 60 percent or less of value.

At best. but everyone with enough ebay experience could figure it out. List your non keys as BINs, list your trending keys at .99 cents auctions.. youd still lose a little on those but youll move more volume.. Everyone is different but I have plenty of books so im never interested in maximizing profit

At best. but everyone with enough ebay experience could figure it out. List your non keys as BINs, list your trending keys at .99 cents auctions.. youd still lose a little on those but youll move more volume.. Everyone is different but I have plenty of books so im never interested in maximizing profit

Well if you think you can squeeze out 2.99 or higher on books they can find in dollar bins at lcs 3 months from now be my guest. It ain't happening. 2c

Anyone think Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-man: Web Warriors #8 will heat up? There was only one copy at my LCS and everyone was asking for it. Low print run + Deadpool appearance.

None listed on eBayOne listed on eBay at $12.99 at the moment and only a few have sold for cover.

Just found three nice copies of this book at the LCS, only to check on eBay and see there's 44 active eBay listings for this book, which tells me this is probably not the time to list it. :boo:

Well if you think you can squeeze out 2.99 or higher on books they can find in dollar bins at lcs 3 months from now be my guest. It ain't happening. 2c

hm